User avatar

Merlin34

  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi people

    They said everything, so there is no point in me repeating it. But have another welcome. Don't spend it all in one place. And awesome username. Lone~Wolf. I love it.

    Jul 9, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Check How Much You've Grown

    I win. So far, a little dull (no offense), but it has the potential to be a great book! Great job! That was over 2 years ago.

    Jul 9, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Fiction Writing Wiki

    I have made a wiki about fiction writing. There are 51 articles so far about fiction genres, literary devices, things to avoid, etc. It is nowhere near "done" yet, which ...

    Jul 9, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Who is your all-time favourite fantasy hero/villan?

    I like Mrs. Coulter for villains, because she actually has motives (keeping Lyra safe) and she turns to the side of good in the end. As for heroes, I like ...

    Jul 2, 2009
  • Research Re: Character Names

    Okay. The characters do live in America.

    Jul 1, 2009
  • Research Re: Character Names

    Yeah, none of them are like that. I just needed a good name. I'm thinking about Kari (Kare-ee). Does that sound good?

    Jun 30, 2009
  • Research Re: Character Names

    I'm having trouble thinking of names. I need a good name for a female Chinese character.

    Jun 30, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Forums and Fanfics

    Also, if I saw a fansite for my work that was being run like The Twilight Lexicon*, I'd be mad. *They require all posts to be approved by mods and ...

    Jun 30, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Forums and Fanfics

    What would you do/think if you got a story of your published and then found that someone had made a forum for discussing it, or had written a fanfic about ...

    Jun 29, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Posting Work Online

    Or just have it so you need to be logged in.

    Jun 29, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Rare/Significant Events

    Quite a few stories have rare (or not-so-rare) events that act as plot devices or help shape the story, such as solar eclipses, the phases of the moon, planetary alignments, ...

    Jun 20, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Telling vs Showing

    Or like this. Tell: He was a good swordfighter. Show: He hacked and slashed at his three opponents, his sword ramming against theirs with loud metallic warcries. He danced past ...

    Jun 20, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Different Ways of Saying "Said"

    Is there a word that can be used for instances like "What? How could that be?"? Asked isn't "powerful" enough, and demanded doesn't really work either.

    Jun 20, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Which "said" words do you use?

    These are the "said" words that I use. Nearly all the time: - Said - Shouted - Asked Less often: - Laughed - Chuckled - Exclaimed - Sighed Sometimes: - ...

    Jun 20, 2009
  • Novel Workshop Re: Xavier's Quest

    Okay. Sure. As long as Karsten doesn't leave too. XP

    Jun 20, 2009


The worst bullies you will ever encounter in your life are your own thoughts.
— Bryant McGill