User avatar

Merlin34

  • Writing Tips Re: Is this inhibition a good thing?

    Thanks. I guess the "find 6 pieces of an artifact to destroy the Dark Lord" plotline should die though.

    Aug 5, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Sounds like a fantasy adventure about deposing some kind of tyrant king. MYRMIDON

    Aug 5, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    Merenor: The All-Powerful Lord of All Things Great. Xavier: I like my name as it is. Lily: Maybe Amanda. Lord Latrapi: I'm not sure. Wolf: WHO CARES? If you could ...

    Aug 5, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Turning the Knives 1

    The engine died, leaving only the sound of rain. Michael minimised the screen on his laptop and stood up. He walked through the lounge room, and onto the veranda to ...

    Aug 4, 2009
  • Novel Workshop Re: Xavier's Quest

    Yeah, that scene I'm completely redoing. And I've changed Chapter 12 a lot. Not only do Lily and Xavier save Merenor twice , but they also take advantage of the ...

    Aug 4, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Is this inhibition a good thing?

    Ever since I can remember, I've had an aversion to writing stories based around collecting a set number of objects and using them for X purpose, because, to me, something ...

    Aug 3, 2009
  • Novel Workshop Re: Xavier's Quest

    Thanks. A few questions/comments. 1. It seems hard for me to decide how Xavier's problems get solved. If I have him do it all alone, then you say "How'd he ...

    Aug 3, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: I fear that my fantasy story's plot may be too cliched...

    Well, there are only a couple parts that I'm worried about, so I'll just post them. Early in the story, Xavier sees Lily (a girl he saw in a dream ...

    Jul 30, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: I fear that my fantasy story's plot may be too cliched...

    Before I post a synopsis here, I'm going to ask, is there some sort of online "quiz", like the Mary Sue tests, that I could take? I know there are ...

    Jul 30, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    Xavier: Video games rock, so technology. Lily: I'd have to go with technology. Lord Latrapi: I'm not sure. Magic can do many things, yet technology just looks so interesting. Wolf: ...

    Jul 30, 2009
  • Research Re: School Punishments

    Another question, about how the sentence is delivered. Doe this sound natural? "In accordance with school policies," said Mr. Madrikson, "Xavier will be suspended for five days (or whatever number)."

    Jul 20, 2009
  • Research Re: School Punishments

    I need help with this, because I have almost never gotten in trouble at school. Okay, so Xavier (13 years old, at an elementary school) is repeatedly taunted and prodded ...

    Jul 20, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Are women better writers than men?

    Stephenie Meyer is your answer. Gender does not matter.

    Jul 17, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Do you prefer to type your stories or write them by hand?

    Typing. I can't write more than a few words before my hand gets sore.

    Jul 10, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Celebrities Dead

    Who's next? Dun dun dun.

    Jul 9, 2009


I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
— John Cage