-
Re: What would your characters do?
Xavier: She is. It doesn't rain flowers there though. What would you do if you were on a plane and a guy was hijacking it?
Oct 18, 2009 -
Re: Published Book Logic/Plot/Research Fails
Have you ever noticed a fail in a published book, and just wanted to tell someone? Well, I have. But I have Asperger's, so I'm not sure about the rest ...
Oct 14, 2009 -
Re: Reviewing class Today! [Time changed to 7:30pm EST]
I'll bring some fresh calamari and cous cous.
Oct 13, 2009 -
Re: so you want to be a writer?
I've noticed this about both you and errtu2. Nearly all of your work on YWS is poetry, and it seems like the advice in this poem would work better for ...
Oct 12, 2009 -
Re: "It would be great if there was a writing program that..."
That could look for repeated words and phrases. Obviously things like "the", "to", "at", and "a/n" wouldn't count, but it would be nice to find your "the rivers of light ...
Oct 12, 2009 -
Re: What would your characters do?
Merenor- Kill their *** dead. What would your character do if told that his/her family was dead.
Oct 10, 2009 -
Re: WHIP THEM INSTRUCTORS (and get points!)
How about a cliche guide?
Oct 8, 2009 -
Re: how safe is this site to post your work?
Besides, if your story ever did get published, that version would be light-years from the one you have now.
Oct 5, 2009 -
Re: so you want to be a writer?
Its really simple guys, if you don't have an almost violent urge to write don't do it. If thats too much to handle, don't write. I know its hard to ...
Oct 5, 2009 -
Re: Balancing between description and action
I've heard from many places that you shouldn't describe too much during an action scene, since it slows it down. But how much is too much? My creedo has always ...
Sep 29, 2009 -
Re: so you want to be a writer?
^That makes more sense, but very few writers are actually like that. Sometimes I can sit down and pour out page after page, but other times, I can barely type ...
Sep 24, 2009 -
Re: What would your characters do?
Conjure up a new one. - Merenor What would you do if you you came to a fork in the road and someone told you the left path was quicker, ...
Sep 21, 2009 -
Re: Amazing Books
His Dark Materials - Phillip Pullman The Hunger Games/Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
Sep 20, 2009 -
Re: You know you're a writer when...
When you say out loud your everyday actions and remember them well enough to write. Ex: "I walked along the dusty trail, walled in by the golden tansy on either ...
Sep 17, 2009 -
Re: Character dialogue
“So, what’s your name?” - Lily “Xavier, but my friends call me Xav." - Xavier “All right then, Xavier --it’s an interesting name, I’ll give it that. Does it mean ...
Sep 17, 2009
