User avatar

Merlin34

  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Wrong Side Ch. 1

    This is... HORRIBLE OMG! By "horrible", I mean "awesome and intense". I like Alfred a lot, he seems similar to Merenor from Xavier's Quest in a lot of ways. The ...

    Jan 1, 2010
  • Research Archives Re: Fainting at the Sight of Blood

    If you have someone who faints (literally passes out) at the sight of blood, 1) how long will they stay under for, 2) how easy is it to wake them ...

    Dec 31, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Inspiration vs. Rip-Offs

    Okay, I changed the title. As for me, I think that inspiration is taking an idea and putting an original twist on it. Rip-offs would be having a short protagonist ...

    Dec 29, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Inspiration vs. Rip-Offs

    Where do you draw the line between taking inspiration from a story and just plain ripping it off?

    Dec 29, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    Brisingr By far the brickiest and most boring of the Inheritance Cycle so far.

    Dec 27, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Feelings on Atheism

    I'm like Oromis from Inheritance on this subject. There is no god. But if there is, he's doing a really bad job and should be replaced.

    Dec 25, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Hilarious comic

    That's very good. How did you find it? Someone posted it on Anti-Shurtugal.

    Dec 22, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Writing Duel

    Here's a little activity I'm going to start to help improve your writing. I will tell you something to write, and you will write it and send it to be ...

    Dec 22, 2009
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Rise From The Ashes: Prolouge

    I liked this, but you had a few prose issues and parts where it really dragged. Nitpicks: flared with brutality That part just doesn't sound right. Try just "flamed" or ...

    Dec 20, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Which YWSer has given you the best writerly advice?

    Bickazer helped me with emotions a lot.

    Dec 20, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you describe your character?

    I usually just slip in details as I go.

    Dec 17, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Hilarious comic

    I just thought it's really relevant to us writers, especially those in the fantasy genre. Great for a laugh too.

    Dec 15, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: The YWS 2009 Yearbook

    Thank you, YWS. You've helped my writing so much, shown me things I never could have known, and of course, all the people here are amazing, even those I vehemently ...

    Dec 7, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: The Prologue

    I removed my prologue long ago.

    Dec 7, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Ever written a story with no humans?

    Bunnies with monster trucks? You have got to let me read that! I wish I could. I don't have the file anymore. :( All I remember besides the bunnies with ...

    Nov 25, 2009


[while trapped in a bucket of popcorn] You know what the worst part is? It's not even butter. We're gonna be destroyed by... ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!
— Blake Bradley, Power Rangers Ninja Storm