User avatar

Merlin34

  • Writers Corner Re: Idea for a Short Story WIth a Farmboy Hero

    I'm thinking that the herbs are nearly impossible to plant in a new place: they have to be tended and protected from predation where they already exist, and the invading ...

    Jan 14, 2010
  • Writers Corner Re: Idea for a Short Story WIth a Farmboy Hero

    The story begins with Danyil, a boy living on a farm in a remote village. The all-powerful Dark Lord sends troops into town and destroys his home, killing his family, ...

    Jan 13, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Natural-Sounding Dialogue and Fantasy Accents

    EDIT: Oops, I copy-pasted the wrong article. THIS is it. To make your characters believable, it is important to make sure all dialogue is natural for the character. Example: "I ...

    Jan 13, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Hero Clichés to Avoid

    I think that farmboy heroes could be cool. They just need to get out of the "Dark Lord destroys farmboy's family" plot. Or maybe it could be a different kind ...

    Jan 13, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Featured Member for January 2010

    Congrats Karsten! You deserve it 100%!

    Jan 5, 2010
  • WRFF Archive Re: Karsten’s Scary Judgement

    Xavier's Quest is up for Round 2. I'll also PM you some other stuff about it.

    Jan 4, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Xavier's Quest (working title) Revised - Part 1

    Chapter 1 Lily Blossom “Oh come on!” shouted Xavier. “I finished my paper! Can you please turn the Internet back on for five minutes?” His father, Trenton, set down his ...

    Jan 4, 2010
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Badges or Ranks?

    Badges of course.

    Jan 4, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: * Fire and Ice* a tale of a wolf

    To me, this story is... a wolf. A lithe and majestic creature. Unfortunately, this wolf got into a fight and is now covered in mud and blood. What I'm saying ...

    Jan 4, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Spirit Chasers ~ Chapter One

    Oh no, not a lorry! :o This was good. The prose was solid, though I did spot a couple iffy bits (which I outline below), and total cliffhanger at the ...

    Jan 4, 2010
  • Information Desk Archive Re: No More Review Ratio

    Any questions? Yeah, how do I keep my head from exploding from the awesomeness?

    Jan 4, 2010
  • Media Reviews Re: Amazing Books

    The Mirror of Merlin and The Fires of Merlin. And there's also another amazing book. It's called Maradonia and the Seven Bridges. It is so wonderful! [/extremesarcasm]

    Jan 3, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Kalu, Newborn Spirit (Part 1)

    The creature didn’t know what he was, who he was, or where he belonged. He stared out from under the fallen log at the expanse of forest before him, seeing ...

    Jan 3, 2010
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Big Changes for 2010 (input needed!)

    Review Ratio: I like the idea, but I still think you should have to have more reviews than posted works.

    Jan 3, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Your 2010 Resolutions!

    Finish 2nd Draft of Xavier's Quest Stop eating candy/other bad foods Finish at least one other novel

    Jan 1, 2010


Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood.
— George Orwell, 1984