User avatar

Merlin34

  • General Fiction Novels Re: One Life To Give (Chapter 1)

    This is flawed. It was interesting, but the grammar and spelling is, to be frank, bad. There are a couple other novice mistakes in there. For the grammar, I'd just ...

    Jan 25, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The White Knights Chater Eight Battle Between Good and Evil

    I liked this piece. It has potential. Maybe this is just me, but I love the word "Musglove". It sounds like some kind of plant to me. I haven't read ...

    Jan 25, 2010
  • Research Archives Re: Medieval Bows

    I know that bows (or at least wooden bows from the Middle Ages) can't be constantly strung. One of my protagonists, Lily, picks up a child-sized bow and thinks she ...

    Jan 24, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Good Fantasy Books

    I'd recommend His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman, The Lost Years of Merlin, and The Great Tree of Avalon (both by T.A. Barron).

    Jan 23, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: Romance tips!

    If there's going to be a love triangle, make both people just as likely to get the boy/girl. Let's take Twilight as an example. Classic love triangle. Bella has to ...

    Jan 20, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Unleashed, Chapter TWO: Click

    Two inconsequential metal parts slamming into each other to snap close the lock of a dog leash. The lion was chained. I could feel it pacing at the back of ...

    Jan 20, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: Romance tips!

    Here's a rule. The romance should actually develop. "True love" and "love at first sight" are big cliches and rather lazy. Romances in real life don't just start in a ...

    Jan 20, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Please read this about passwords

    It won't let me change my password. It gives me a "General Error". And I'm not too worried. What would someone do with my YWS password, post crappy Twilight fanfics?

    Jan 20, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    Merenor: Any specific shadow on the ground. What would be your first thought if you walked in on someone who was naked?

    Jan 20, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: hehe, Character Q and A

    I'll use Merenor. Q: What's your full name and what is it's meaning? Merenor for it's meaning, my parents never told me. Q: Where is your favorite place and what ...

    Jan 20, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: need help with knowing more about a subgenre.

    Also, where are the paranormal romances with creatures besides vampires, werewolves, and angels? I want a VALKYRIE, dammit!

    Jan 18, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: On Breaking Out of the Mold With Fantasy Races

    I don't like horses either. Too darn smelly. Carnivorous mounts are bad ideas though, since they will likely require A LOT of meat, unless they are cold-blooded. Still, cold-blooded creatures ...

    Jan 18, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: On Breaking Out of the Mold With Fantasy Races

    One thing I've noticed is that in a lot of fantasy worlds, the ordinary, non-magical animals, are all ripped directly from Earth. Rarely do I see an author make their ...

    Jan 17, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: All Important Groundwork

    What do you mean by "actively" using "then"?

    Jan 15, 2010
  • Writers Corner Re: Idea for a Short Story WIth a Farmboy Hero

    The magic in this world is different. No one throws fireballs at anyone. Instead, magic only comes in the form of potions, (for example, a potion to increase stamina or ...

    Jan 15, 2010


I support the shrek message.
— MiniGem26