User avatar

Merlin34

  • Research Archives Re: Hair

    Yeah, that's it.

    Dec 6, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: The Most Disturbing Book...

    Maradonia.

    Dec 5, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: So You Want to Write a Novel?

    Dec 5, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: How To Protect Your Stuff Online

    Excellent article. I've actually had someone copy an article from my (now defunct) Animal Crossing website and post it on a forum. I got the topic deleted, but not before ...

    Nov 30, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: Novels That Helped You Write Better

    Eragon. It taught me everything I should never do in a fantasy book. This. So very much this.

    Nov 29, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Army of The Rulers of the Earth-Prologue

    This piece has potential. You've got a good setup (survivors huddling in the ruins of their fortress, planning a last desperate assault against impossible odds), and the first line is ...

    Nov 27, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Scarlet Rain (1.1)

    Hello EloquentDragon. Thought I'd review this. So I did. Ha. I must say that I liked it. Quite a lot. You've set a good mood, and conveyed a sense of ...

    Nov 25, 2010
  • Official Polls Re: What type of music do you listen to most?

    Metal mainly, with some rock and classical. I recommend Rhapsody of Fire, Blind Guardian, Guardians of Andromeda, Falconer, and Luca Turilli.

    Nov 25, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Ins and Outs of Magic

    That is very true. Also very short. You really need to give people more to review when you post stuff.

    Nov 20, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Getting Beginnings Right

    I suppose that might fall under "do not begin with a cliche". And I wouldn't do it, but I'm not going to say that it shouldn't be done. Writing IS ...

    Nov 12, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Guide to Geography and Ecology in Fantasy (Updated)

    Yeah, a prairie is a type of grassland.

    Nov 12, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Writing Horses Well

    Horses, the most common animal in fantasy (second place is raven, then rat, then wolf). You’d think, since they’re often central elements in the plot and present during a lot ...

    Nov 11, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Getting Beginnings Right

    The beginning of the story will be the most important part. It is the part that must hook the reader, and make them want to read on. It's easy to ...

    Nov 11, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: The Mary Sue Litmus Test is Killing Our Characters

    Well, the Mary Sue Litmus Test may not be killing our characters directly (that's the job of the villains, right?), what it is doing in encouraging writers to create perfectly ...

    Nov 5, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Nationality Headcount at YWS

    American: 16 Canadian: 3 English: 6 Filipino: 4 Finnish: 1 French: 2 Indian: 5 Irish: 1 Italian: 1 Puerto Rican: 1 Scottish: 1 South African: 1 South Korean: 1 Welsh: ...

    Nov 4, 2010


I would rather die of passion than of boredom.
— Émile Zola