User avatar

Merlin34

  • Lounge, The Re: Nature

    Does anyone else watch this show? It's a documentary on PBS (Sunday night at 7pm). It is just... brilliant. Great for research too. This night's episode (it's over now) was ...

    Feb 1, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Is this a good name?

    I'm not sure. You shouldn't make a name that people wouldn't be able to pronounce, and I cannot pronounce that at all. Is it "Gayr-win"? "Gey-er-win"? Something else?

    Jan 31, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: 7 Reasons Why Your Work May Not Be Getting Reviews

    Thank you for this post, Nate. It was needed.

    Jan 31, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Dreams about your story/characters?

    Have you ever had one? I once had a dream where I saw two people (whom I soon recognized as two of my characters) going to a Twilight convention. And ...

    Jan 31, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Child of the Moon - Prolouge

    Well, it's hard to comment on something so short, but I liked it. It does make me want to read on. Just a couple errors in the grammar I noticed. ...

    Jan 31, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: YWS Reviewing Sunday

    Yay, I got my second yellow star. ... I don't really review much, okay? I'm more of a tips-and-tricks discussing guy.

    Jan 31, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: What Happened to Bill Beck

    I liked this. Your descriptive skills are wonderful, they let me see what's going on without being overly flowery. You conveyed the mood quite well, and the end was a ...

    Jan 31, 2010
  • Writers Corner Re: What's Your Writing Style?

    I try and go for a style that tells you what's going on without being overly flowery.

    Jan 31, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Guardians

    Overall, I wasn't really hooked by this story. The premise is interesting and it looks fairly original, but it doesn't read very well. There are a few grammatical errors that ...

    Jan 31, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Book in a sentence

    Xavier's Quest: Boy must find his way home after stumbling through a portal into another world. Kalu, Newborn Spirit: Newborn animal spirit must discover what he is and save the ...

    Jan 31, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: ..

    For names, you should make up some, but try to make the name tell the gender. For example, male names could have harder sounds, like "k", "t", and "b", while ...

    Jan 30, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Characters anything but average-looking

    In every book there is a character that has green eyes, or red hair, or a killer body. What's wrong with green eyes (I assume by green, you mean bright ...

    Jan 30, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: How was your day?

    Today went fine, but my nose is running. Got to start making quinzees for science class.

    Jan 28, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: YWS Super Reviewing Bash on January 31, 2010

    RSVP. If I can.

    Jan 27, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Riders - Prologue

    That initiation thing is just sick and wrong. But effective. Overall, I liked it. It has an interesting premise, and the shoot-and-heal thing seems pretty original. There were a few ...

    Jan 25, 2010


Well, the only way to start is by starting
— AvantCoffee