User avatar

Merlin34

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: In the end

    I liked this. Like you said, it was a bit choppy, but it was clever. It felt almost... musical to read. One thing I would try to avoid is mentioning ...

    Mar 4, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Ten(+) Rules for Writing Fiction

    I think one of the biggest rules for writing is, "Don't have an ego."

    Feb 25, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Cooties

    I like it. I find it simple and yet funny at the same time. Sounds like something a pint-sized philosopher would write. Little nitpick: There's no cure for cooties now, ...

    Feb 23, 2010
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Time tree

    I like this, but there are several parts of the prose that just confuse me. This paragraph especially. Like the previous reviewer said, there were some grammar mistakes. It was ...

    Feb 23, 2010
  • Historical Fiction Novels Re: Finding me back-Prologue(Final edit) Please re -read

    I did notice a few grammar errors, but nothing too serious. I'll go through your first paragraph and bold bits that could be improved. “Melanie, stop,”I cried (1) . I ...

    Feb 23, 2010
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Possible Life, of your Child's Child.

    This was... chilling and yet beautiful at the same time. You say you don't normally write things like this... are you sure? It seems like your brain does all the ...

    Feb 23, 2010
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Bullet Holes (Rated for gang violence and explicit scenes)

    I liked this. I feel it captures to mood quite nicely. There's a lot of emotion. There's on continuity error I noticed, however. When the ambulance pulled up I looked ...

    Feb 23, 2010
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: The Battle: Prologue

    This is interesting. It definitely hooks me in and makes me want to read more. Who is the man she's visiting? Why is she taking the pills? One thing I ...

    Feb 23, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Visitor: Chapter One "The Salas Emissary"

    And don't worry, when they speak of the forest they mostly mean packs of wolves, and sometimes bears. Typically, a wolf will only attack a human if it is starving ...

    Feb 23, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Art of Writing Condensed into RPG Form

    No, I've never played D&D. As for why I made it, it was just sort of an impulse write.

    Feb 23, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Art of Writing Condensed into RPG Form

    This is just a little something I wrote for fun. Basically, it’s a look at writing through the eyes of RPG skill lists. Thought it might be kinda funny. Some ...

    Feb 22, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Visitor: Chapter One "The Salas Emissary"

    Hello, tRiCk. I think I'll review this here piece. (Funny, there was a member of my forum named T-Fox, who also had an avatar of Fox.) I liked this. The ...

    Feb 22, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Ten(+) Rules for Writing Fiction

    I disagree with number 3. Sure, "said" should be the main word to use, and "expectorated", "averred", and other such words should never ever be in a book, but what's ...

    Feb 22, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Loki's Revenge

    *claps* This was amazing. You captured the essence of the original Norse myth perfectly. I really could not find any real problems. Question... will you continue this? Because as it ...

    Feb 22, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: in love with a boy

    Karsten is one of the best reviewers on this board. I suggest you listen to her. I'd just like to add that constructive criticism (which is what our comments are) ...

    Feb 20, 2010


'The Answer to the Great Question... Of Life, the Universe and Everything... Is... Forty-two,' said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy