User avatar

Merlin34

  • Writers Corner Re: Found a plot bunny. Raise or feed to dog?

    Bear with me, as it's pretty underdeveloped at the moment. I'm thinking of a story set within a prestigious (and very large) magic academy, one with a focus on creating ...

    Dec 19, 2011
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Getting Beginnings Right

    No, it isn't.

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here [8]

    A few years old, but yeah. I'm sitting in then-Chair of the US Transportation Committee James Oberstar's (MN 8TH DISTRICT YEAH) chair.

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: I write like...

    It seems to consistently give me James Joyce. I ran about 6 pieces of my writing in, got James Joyce 4 times. The other two were J.K. Rowling and George ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Writers Corner Re: what are some good villan names?

    Good villain names, let's see... Cuddles Sprinkles Mr. Wubbles

    May 10, 2011
  • Research Archives Re: Military Helicopters and RPG launchers

    Two questions. 1. How is the machine gun used on a military helicopter? Is there some kind of lever with a trigger? Is it activated via a button? How is ...

    Apr 10, 2011
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Writing Horses Well

    You bet your gluteus maximus. Wolves and cougars make horses flee. Unless your dragons are the size of insects, your horses are gonna bolt like crazy.

    Apr 9, 2011
  • Research Re: Flash Blindness

    In my story, a character is temporarily blinded with a harsh flash of light. Would her eyes show any sign of it, e.g., would her pupils be extremely constricted?

    Apr 3, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: Anti-Sue

    Feb 26, 2011
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Map or No Map?

    I think it's a good idea to make them.

    Dec 23, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Wolves in Writing

    I'd say that someone like that would be vulnerable to wolves, yes. They'd look like a wounded deer.

    Dec 22, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Writing Horses Well

    "you actually have to PAY to get a book published!" You actually don't.

    Dec 18, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Please Help Me Help These Students

    Voted, and will do so often. I don't know much about South Dakota winters, but Minnesota winters are probably about the same.

    Dec 14, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Parallel Universe: Book 1: Chapter 1 (Edited)

    All in all, I wasn't too impressed with this piece. It reads like it could be powerful and compelling, but as it stands now, it's just awkward. It moves too ...

    Dec 13, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Werewolf Vs. Vampire

    Werewolves. They've only got one weakness, whereas vampires can be thwarted with a pile of seeds. But really, dragons own all.

    Dec 12, 2010


Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?
— George Wallace