User avatar

Maddy

  • Research Re: What makes someone annoying?

    The thing that really bugs me is someone who over-exagerrates kindness to their superiors, and over-exagerrates nastiness to their inferiors. For example, take a bratty child. She sweet-talks when the

    Nov 8, 2010
  • Grammar & Research Re: The Uses of the Comma that are often Overlooked

    Good! These rules, like you mentioned above, are not often said. :) Thanks for explaining this!

    Apr 17, 2010
  • Grammar & Research Re: Punctuation within Dialogue

    Thanks for writing this! Dialogue is my biggest issue when coming to terms with editing my work. I see now where i've gotten it wrong in the past. I am ...

    Mar 28, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: How do I improve on my writing skill, any suggestions?

    Honestly, if someone told me to study a book outside of school, I'd scream. When you read and find something interesting or worth remembering, write it down. Don't study a ...

    Mar 7, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Show and Tell

    Aaah, so I see now what they mean by "Showing and telling". :) This is great!

    Jan 13, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Writing Good Dialogue

    Wow, this is great advice! I often have trouble with dialogue. I never thought to use rhythm to differentiate characters and to make the speech more believable. Thanks for writing ...

    Jan 13, 2010


You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote