User avatar

Maddy

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Sparrowhawk Soar (War For Capture) Revised & Rewritten

    Thanks to the wonderful advice from the talented reviewers here on YWS, I have revised a section of my chapter in my novel and I would now like to see ...

    Mar 7, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: How do I improve on my writing skill, any suggestions?

    Honestly, if someone told me to study a book outside of school, I'd scream. When you read and find something interesting or worth remembering, write it down. Don't study a ...

    Mar 7, 2010
  • WRFF Archive Re: WD's Reviews

    Hey WD, i'd love if you could review a piece of my story. What to look out for is writting on the post. Sparrowhawk Soar (a excerpt 3/4 way through ...

    Jan 15, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Sparrowhawk Soar

    Thanks a heap, Sanareth, your advice was very useful. :)

    Jan 15, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Demon Sits Behind Me at School

    Hello Pudin, I'm Maddy and I'll be reviewing your work today. I am probably not the most nicest critic because I do pull apart stories and get down to business. ...

    Jan 14, 2010
  • WRFF Archive Re: Royal Reviews: critiques from the empress

    Sparrowhawk Soar (an excerpt, 3/4 the way through) Fantasy Fiction The word count of the excerpt is 1,329 Could you please tell me if the flow of the sentences makes ...

    Jan 14, 2010
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Escaping the Whisper Chpt 1

    Hello, my name is Maddy and I'll be reviewing your work. I'm quite a nice critique (but I do rip thing pieces by pieces, as a heads up), and specialise ...

    Jan 13, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: The Showing vs. Telling Game

    Amelia trudged on, looking down at her perfectly shaved legs. The slop of runny, crap-coloured mud had ruined all that time she spent in the morning moisterising. Lightning slashed across ...

    Jan 13, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Show and Tell

    Aaah, so I see now what they mean by "Showing and telling". :) This is great!

    Jan 13, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Writing Good Dialogue

    Wow, this is great advice! I often have trouble with dialogue. I never thought to use rhythm to differentiate characters and to make the speech more believable. Thanks for writing ...

    Jan 13, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Sparrowhawk Soar

    This is another snippet ( It is NOT the beginning of the story, rather 3/4 into, so not everything is explained ) of my novel I'm writting. I need some ...

    Jan 13, 2010
  • Novel Workshop Re: Into the Depths

    Hey Elinor, great story! I love the plotline and you certainly kept me hooked. I have devoured through 41 pages so far, editing and adding advice. It's mainly advice though, ...

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    "Somewhere where I can hear the ocean waves roll and collapse on the sand." ~Talia "The best place for a honeymoon would definitely be the Bull Fight in spain.. or ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Hmm, sounds to me like a book reflecting on someone's shady/terrible past? It reminds me of autumn days and sepia. Probably something that I might read the blurb for. Newborn ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you #2

    Race

    Dec 30, 2009


The first thing I do when I have a good quote is always to put a goat in it. uwu
— Liminality