User avatar

Jiggity

Jiggity

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Ten(+) Rules for Writing Fiction

    Haha, all good points. :)

    Feb 22, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: All Important Groundwork

    Then I went and did this. I then ate a fish. And then my stomach hurt. Things like that. 99.99% of the time, "then" adds absolutely nothing to the sentence ...

    Feb 21, 2010
  • Information Desk Archive Re: The colours! They are gone!

    Maybe this will speed people along to the nomination process - there haven't been very many! It needs a little more exposure, mayhaps? Where the forum is and such? Get ...

    Feb 19, 2010
  • Randomosity Re: Radical Change to YWS Coming

    *can't stop laughing*

    Feb 15, 2010
  • Randomosity Re: Radical Change to YWS Coming

    Yeah. I voted it be $999 a month. That way we mods could be paid and live an extravagant life of ease and luxury.

    Feb 14, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Aliens pt. 1 (And The LORD Spake Unto Abraham)

    Mel, The author's views or religious belief are not in contention and are never up for critique. Fictional writing need never be a reflection of the writer's opinion. Review the ...

    Feb 14, 2010
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hola!

    o.O Talk about an introduction! My god. That wasn't so much an intro as a whole book, your whole life story! Pretty cool though. CELTIC WOMAN LIKE OMG WTFBBQ. Yes. ...

    Feb 14, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Aliens pt. 1 (And The LORD Spake Unto Abraham)

    ^_^ Haha. Hey, Ky. So, we have another piece from you! Excitement. Well, once upon a time, yes? Now, not so much. Your writing is as fine as ever, Ky, ...

    Feb 14, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: At the Edge of the World (3)

    Hello again, I did indeed mention the hair in the last section. Also, no, it needn't be a comma after 'why'. It could be, certainly. But it's fine as is. ...

    Feb 2, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: At the Edge of the World (2)

    Uh, Hi Pen, thanks for your comment. I'm not sure you quite understood what was happening - or even saw the text as it is formatted - 'pickmeuppickmeuppickmeup' is already ...

    Feb 2, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: At the Edge of the World (3)

    Make sure to re-read the end of part 2! I added a bit that you kinda have to read to understand this. -- Ishmael stared at his grandfather. It was ...

    Feb 2, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: At the Edge of the World (2)

    Hey hey, guys, I added a little extra to this as I've been writing a fair bit today. Check it out before reading the next and final addition!

    Feb 2, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Stephen King legendary writer?

    He's a master at coming up with and telling stories, ha - but not a great writer. His prose is generally rubbish. You just gotta put up with it.

    Feb 1, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: At the Edge of the World (2)

    Hey all, Thanks again for commenting. I don't mind that the journal entries are confusing and fragmented because they're coming from a confused, fragmented and unstable mind - that's a ...

    Feb 1, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: At the Edge of the World

    Hey Envy, Thanks for your comments! All good points. This is, I should mention, a short story not a novel based on chapters or anything. I'm splitting it up into ...

    Feb 1, 2010


I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights