User avatar

Galatea

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: whatever title you want

    Icaruss isn't wrong, but his post was. I encourage people to speak kindly to each other here, because one nasty sarcastic comment can completely stop a young writer from flourishing.

    Jun 26, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Shadow Dancing

    wiseman... Thank you for the review. The cigarettes I refer to in the poem are called Djarum Black. They are known as "Blacks" in the smoking community. They contain cloves, ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Shadow Dancing

    Draft 2! To address a couple of concerns: Punctuation- I ignored periods on purpose because I wanted the piece to be one long image, not a series of smaller ones. ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Script » General, General Re: April is Script Frenzy Month!!

    I'm usual... I usually do script formatting like this: BETTSY Blah blah blah blee ( blah blah stage direction blah ) ( blah blah more stage directions blah ) ADAM ...

    Apr 10, 2008
  • Script » General, General Re: April is Script Frenzy Month!!

    I'm on as Galatea, as usual. Glad to have you on board!

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Seduction

    I don't have much time, and I'll review this more thoroughly but: Never EVER under any circumstances apologize for your writing. Ever. Erotic poetry is just as valid as any ...

    Nov 27, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: What's the weirdest book you've ever read?

    I'm with Suzanne on this one. House of Leaves , hands down.

    Oct 20, 2007
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: All Souls

    The only thing that confuses me is the moon's 'gender'. You refer to it as 'he', after referring to it as pregnant. Is this intentional?

    Nov 1, 2006
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Abortion

    ...controversy is cool. Granted. I think what annoys me most is the after-thought. Maybe it wouldn't bug me so much if it hadn't been written to guilt her friend. I ...

    Oct 20, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Shakespeare Style

    Honey, you can't take critiques personally. I said it makes you come across as ignorant...I never said you were. Bob suggested italicising the Shakespeare lines so you don't get accused ...

    Oct 6, 2006
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

    Its one of the most disturbing books I've ever read. The film was rated R for a reason. Books are more graphic, by virtue of our imaginations.

    Sep 29, 2006
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Correspondance--On Shakespeare

    18th century. Play write is correct.

    Sep 28, 2006
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

    Brilliant book. I'd put the age appropriacy line higher, though. more like 17 or 18.

    Sep 28, 2006
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Lolita

    Brilliant. One of my favorites. Nabokov is (was) a synaesthete. His writing really speaks to me.

    Sep 24, 2006
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Recipe of the Holocaust

    I agree with Snoinky. Its a little flat. The holocaust was incredibly INCREDIBLY graphic. The things that were done to those poor people are too terrible to gloss over. Do ...

    Sep 23, 2006


“All stories are true," Skarpi said. "But this one really happened, if that's what you mean.”
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind