User avatar

Catalyn

  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Definitions

    No, you're right. Something is off with the rhythm of the 3rd stanza. Any suggestions as to how I might fix that?

    Nov 28, 2017
  • Poetry » Mystery / Suspense, General Re: Murder Sonnet

    Sonnets are difficult to change when they've already been written. The easiest way to change that line would be for me just to rewrite the first stanza, but I really ...

    Nov 25, 2017
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Footprints in the Woods

    I wasn't quite sure how to mark stanzas, so thanks for the help! (And I'll try out extending that line for the sake of flow)

    Nov 25, 2017
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Footprints in the Woods

    I'm pretty sure woods to wood was just a typo. I'll change out the 'they' and the 'tugging at my heart.' Thanks for the feedback!

    Nov 25, 2017
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Footprints in the Woods

    Thanks!

    Nov 25, 2017
  • Poetry » Mystery / Suspense, General Re: Murder Sonnet

    Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to keep 'darkness every place' just because it fits the rhythm better-it has the same number of syllables right now as the ...

    Nov 18, 2017
  • Poetry » Mystery / Suspense, General Re: Murder Sonnet

    Thanks! I'm pretty sure that's the reaction I was trying to get. This poem came from a dark sonnet competition between me and my friends, so it was written for ...

    Nov 18, 2017


Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman