User avatar

CastlesInTheSky

  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Beggar's Utopia -- Chapter Three

    Eoghan from the XFactor! *squee* He was adorable! I shall love your character forevermore. On with the critique. :wink: I'm kind of doing these chapters back to front, but oh ...

    Jan 5, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Beggar's Utopia -- Chapter Four

    Hi there, Blink! So sorry about the wait. :D The colours attracted, drawing Logan’s eyes open. 'The colours attracted' sounds somewhat detached, because you aren't really using the verb in ...

    Jan 5, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Them

    Hi, If you are even looking at this I bless you. I am entering a contest and I have to print off everything in one day. I really want another ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: The Classics and Philosophy thread

    Everyone seems to hate Charles Dickens! :smt010 *bursts into uncontrollable tears* So, I adore Thomas Hardy , especially for Tess of the d'Urbervilles. Charlotte Bronte , because she wrote Jane ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: What is the Best Book you have read...

    Ahh! Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte [though I doubt anyone could love it more than Kirsten :wink:] Rebecca ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: And The Skies Are Not Cloudy All Day (6)

    Oooh, I really do adore this chapter. I just bobbed out from nowhere; I haven't critiqued the other parts as I'm too immersed in this to be of any assistance. ...

    Jan 2, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Jimmy

    Here as requested, Duc! :D It is strange that the things we remember from our childhood are so often the things that determine the adults we have become. I think ...

    Jan 2, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: The Jane Effect Part 9

    Hey there! :wink: Chapter 8's nitpicks had been covered by your other readers, so I skipped ahead to this chapter, I couldn't resist. So far, I've critiqued all the chapters ...

    Jan 2, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: The Jane Effect Part 7

    Hi Angel! :D Yes, finally some conflict. I found this chapter beautifully written and it has improved in leaps and bounds from your last writings, which I found slightly passive, ...

    Jan 2, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: love and fufillment

    Hey there, yukis! Before you submit a piece of work, it's common courtesy to edit for mistakes. I noticed not all the proper nouns are captalised, some of the words ...

    Jan 1, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: What Real Vampires Would Do

    Hey there, poppy! :D I'm Sarah and I'll be your reviewer for today. Ben shrugged and sat beside on the bench, Insert 'me' after 'beside.' “Cause you know what real ...

    Jan 1, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: summer love

    Hey there dusty, and welcome to YWS! :D The rules over here are that your reviews-posts ratio should be 2:1. In normal English, it basically means that for every piece ...

    Jan 1, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Orli and Eden (2)

    Here I am again - Yay! :D First to review. I Anyway, I love this style of writing. It is very refreshing, and I love the modern gothic style you ...

    Jan 1, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Walking in the dark

    Hey there, Sara! [name stealer!:P] Squall, Demeter and Lily have managed to point out all the nitpicks I wanted to say, so I'm sorry about that. I do think a ...

    Jan 1, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: The Jane Effect Part 6

    Ah, here again. I'm not up to doing a line by line critique,because my fingers are numb, and anyway, this looks to have all the nit-picks smoothed out, so far. ...

    Jan 1, 2009


Treat all disasters as if they were trivialities but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster.
— Quentin Crisp