Random avatar

BrokenSword

  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Rain

    I have to say, I think your dialogue is amazing. I can easily hear everything your characters say. One thing I thought was strange was the Ms. Sal and Amelia's ...

    May 20, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Phantom of the Opera?

    I LOVED Leroux's Phantom. It's one of my favorite books of all time. I read it before I saw the show and I became obsessed with the story (still am). ...

    Apr 30, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Eragon

    Okay, so I finally found a copy of Eragon in my house and attempted to read it, to see if it was more understandable than Eldest. It isn't. It is ...

    Apr 29, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Map Maker

    Ooh! I like it. It reminds me of Sweeney Todd. For some reason, I'd like to see the introduction to the story written from Tim's POV instead of Phyllis'. I ...

    Apr 23, 2007
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Rain

    Wow! This is amazing, I love your writing. It's crisp, refreshing, and I can see everything that is described. I can't find anything to critique. Just this little bit right ...

    Feb 27, 2007
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: The Black Abyss

    I agree with meggstriggerman. The storyline is interesting, but the writing is choppy and rough, and there are a few punctuation and grammar errors. Also, you need to describe what ...

    Feb 26, 2007
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Two Paces Wide, Four Paces Long.

    I enjoyed it very much; the ending was a surprise. Good descriptions and dialouge. However, I think you should have made Hilter/the German soldier that Joseph saved speak German; I ...

    Feb 26, 2007
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Salem Underground

    I'm enjoying this so far, great work; the only thing I have to say is that I thought the ending was rushed, because I felt a little confused when it ...

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: first half of a chapter of a book im starting

    All right, first and foremost, proofread. Proofreading can be tedious (I know I hate reading my own work over and over again) but it is important, because you catch little ...

    Feb 23, 2007


Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist.
— Jane Smiley