Random avatar

Bleusman

  • Writers Corner Re: Writing a cover letter for flash fiction/short stories

    Yes, I'm submitting to journals and magazines. However, a lot of them, such as every single journal that uses Submishmash for submissions requires a cover letter. It's nice to hear ...

    Jul 18, 2010
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing a cover letter for flash fiction/short stories

    a high school student. I've been sending out some of my work to publishers, but I've gotten scared away by the ones requesting cover letters. What am I supposed to ...

    Jul 18, 2010
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello there, exciting people.

    I'm Kyle, a 17 year old writer - and this certainly looks like a good place for me. I tend to write shortish short stories or longish flash fiction, which ...

    Jul 17, 2010


Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown