z

Young Writers Society

The Gryphon's Egg(started/open!)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:37 am
View Likes
Justlittleoleme says...

Hey there everybody, I've decided to try my hand at a little story book writing. I've never done anything even remotely like this so if I'm doing something wrong or you feel like anything needs a little improvement do not hesitate to let me know. I am entirely open to any and all suggestions.
In fact, here is the newly installed Gyrphon's Egg DT : topic89569.html for all your questions, queries, and any and all discussion. :wink:
Below you will find all the general layouts and necessary descriptions, as well as a few rules and regulations. Of course there won't be too many of these. I plan to make this as open to creativity as is within reason. In other words just relax and go with the flow :wink: )

STORY:
Spoiler! :
Our story takes place in a cold and cruel world ruled by a ruthless and half-mad king. He dictates with out thought, tossing his kingdom into horrific wars at mere whimsy, stealing from and murdering his own people, creating chaos just for the sake of it, and throwing any who defy him to his beloved pet, The Wildercat, a devilish and ferocious beast that is just as mad and ruthless as its master.
Our hero is a young girl, the daughter of the rightful king who had been murdered years before by the current ruler. She has been raised among the Katchy, her mothers people, a race of primitive humans native to the planet. For awhile she was quite happy to live among her fearsome yet carefree people, living beneath the protective branches of her beloved Udairnil forest and as far away from the mad king as she could possibly be. But when the crazed king learns of her very existence he comes after her with all he's got, tricking his people into believing that the Katchy were their enemies(not a very hard thing to do actually) . He releases his Wildercat and sends his army in full force, destroying her beloved home and scattering her brave and powerful people with the shear madness of his attack. She escapes, barely, with only the clothes on her back and her own little pet gryphon, Aoife. With the wildercat still on her trail and gryphon in hand, she does something she never thought she'd have to do, leave Udairnil forest and somehow, someway put everything right...

WORLD HISTORY:
Spoiler! :
The layout for our story is the cold and lonely planet of Glyss a tiny little world on the very outskirts of the inhabited universe. At one point it was an active trade station, the last stop for adventurers seeking to make there names among the stars. It was full of life and was for a time a rich community but for unknown reasons the rush of new space explorers trickled out, soon no one visited the planet and all those that left never returned. The old space stations were left to rust over, the rails and ports allowed to disappear beneath a layer of rust and plant life. The existing technology on the planet deteriorated to dust and all records of the planets early history soon faded from all but memory. After a period of 400 years the planet slowly reverted to an early earth medieval state, a condition in no way discouraged by their half insane king

WORLD DESCRIPTION:
Spoiler! :
The planet is relatively small and with the exception of an expansive main land and the many hundreds of islands that dot its surface it is mostly ocean. Human life is only sustainable at the planets equatorial belt where the savagely cold weather that dominates the entire world is periodically interrupted with very warm and beautiful(yet short) springs and summers. 300 miles north or south and a lone human would freeze to death in a matter of hours. The area in which our story takes place is the southward side of the mainland, near the sea and at the very center of the equator. There are two main forests in this area, Udairnil, which is a warm and growing Deciduous forest. The other is Wildernoir, an ancient and black forest home to monstrous beast's of mythical proportions...like the Wildercat for example...Beyond Wildernoir are the Wilder mountains which border the glass dessert, a barren landscape of ice and sand...Between these two forests is a large open grassland where most of our story takes place and at the coast is the Jade beach. To the north of Udairnil, before Wildernoir, there is a wide open expanse is hills called the whoroo hills, home to the Whoroo, kangaroo like natives of the planet

PLANET NATIVES:
Spoiler! :
There are two main species of native peoples on the planet of Glyss. They are the Katchy, Amber's people, and the Whoroo, whorooroo's people.

KATCHY:

The Katchy are very much like primitive humans, they have very powerfully built bodies and prominent canines. The men have manes, much like lions, that extend across their shoulders, down their backs and across their chests, but they do not have beard's like human men. The woman also have manes but they are smaller and less conspicuous. The Katchy have a complex relationship with the Gryphons of that planet, small cat-hawk creatures that they train to hunt for them. Even from a young age Katchy children are taught the art of training these creatures. It is a right of passage for a Katchy child to catch their own Griphon and raise it up them selves. If their Gryphon dies or flies away they are forbidden to ever handle one again. The Katchy live out most of their lives in the Udairnil forest, preferring not to get tangled up with Human affairs.

WHOROO:

The Whoroo are large Kangaroo like people with short tawny fur and long legs that they are quite proud of. They have long ears that either hang low or are held high depending on their mood. Their ears always quiver when they lie so in effect they are incapable of lying...or at least lying effectively. They are mostly fishermen and root eaters, preferring to stick to their hill burrows and the banks of the Green River( a river that passes through the entire territory) but they will on occasion venture into the crowded streets of humans cities to either trade, barter, or quite simply to get a chance to speak to humans whom they find quite amusing. Because of this and their inability to lie they have developed a reputation of being loud mouthed tattle tales.

CHARACTER REGULATIONS:

Spoiler! :
There will be about a 13 character limit which will shrink and expand as the story develops(if you want to play more that two characters contact me, I will try to work it out) . If you want to leave at any time please feel free to write your character out, just please try to do it within the flow of the story. For example don't have you character die of starvation in the middle of a feast or spontaneously blow up in the middle of a fight...unless you just have to that is XD
Please, please, please, no god-modding or "perfect" characters, flaws will give your character life and make them easier to relate to, plus it makes a story more interesting. :wink: Aside from this, I will try to leave as many of the character options open to your own interpretation and description as possible but there may be one or two stipulations for some of the more major characters. I will note these in the Character list below.
Oh and I thought I might mention, All animal characters may or may not speak based on your preference. If you want them to have dialogue then feel free to give them dialogue, its completely your decision. Make them as interesting as you want them to be, what ever, just try to keep them loyal to the human character they are paired with, that's it :wink: ...

CHARACTER LIST:

Spoiler! :
Amber-main character- Justlittleoleme(young female warrior, the heroine of the story)

Breck- main character- mickixoxo (Stable boy, Amber's best friend, met soon after exiting Udairnil forest)

Gwen-main character- Lornydoo (Breck's sister, a shy quiet girl with a surprising independent streak)

Ivan/Iris-main character- Betheny (shady somewhat aggressive character, may or may not be a villain, gender is your choice)

Joseph- character- Open(Breck's father, a stable master)

Keen- character- Audition (Son of a soldier betrayed by king Malcolm ,met later in the story, leader of the rebel Army)

Malcolm-main villain- Audition (the completely evil and insane king, Black hair, wilder cat bite scare across his forearm)

Ariel-Villain- Audition(King Malcolm's equally evil and insane queen, she is sly with slight split personality, switching from a seemingly sweet and beautiful woman to a completely evil and psychotic monster)

Jarthy-Main character- Open(Katchy native, Amber's adoptive father that catches up with them later in the story)

Whorooroo- Main character- Audition( a goofy yet lovable Whooroo herder, think Jar Jar binks but slightly more intelligent and fluffy...but not too fluffy!)

ANIMAL CHARACTERS:

Aoife-main character- Audition(Small cat like gryphon, very aggressive to any stranger met in the story)

Callah- Main character- Open(Breck's dog, completely open to interpretation)

SunGrace- main character- Open(Breck's horse, shared between him and Amber)

The Wildercat- main Villian- Tinkembell (Evil conniving pet of the King, monstrous and black as night with fangs that drip acidic venom said to drive those bitten insane...the king is an excellent example of this)

REBEL WARRIORS:

Keen's head men, We will need about 3 of these but not till later in the story, they are completely open to interpretation, PM if interested.

Sub-characters:

This means Villagers, bandits, crazy random old people, ninjas(just kidding), or any other character that plays a short fleeting role in the story. There is no set number, basically if you need one for what you want to happen in your part of the story make one, its completely up to you :wink:

MONSTERS:

There are many opportunities for truly horrific monsters in this world, some good some evil. I haven't really thought of any really specific ones but the need may come and go, there's really no telling :D

*Note: like I said before, this list may shrink or expand as the story progresses. If you have a character you feel just has to be in this story then feel free to PM, like I said before I am open to suggestions.

CHARACTER TEMPLATE:

Spoiler! :
Name:

Species:

Appearance:

Personality:

Strengths:

Flaws:

Background:

Other:

*Just be as creative as possible :wink:

STORY REGULATIONS:

Spoiler! :
Basically, Keep it clean. I want to keep this remotely PG.

That means:

No cussing

No sex...of course your characters may have a relationship together just please keep it within reason.

No distastefully gory scenes. I don't mean characters cannot get into truly epic battles I just mean keep the descriptions tastefully awesome :wink:

Oh, and just out of personal preference, no magic or witchcraft please, I'd rather just keep our characters feet on the ground in that aspect...

Other than that, Just enjoy yourself, have fun, go with the flow, and bring your character to life!

And that's about it, if you need anymore info don't be afraid to ask and oh, please ignore any atrocious grammar mistakes I may have made while writing this...I was sorta kinda half asleep -_-
Last edited by Justlittleoleme on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 11 times in total.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:17 am
View Likes
Lornydoo says...

Hey there my name is Lorna and I would like to join your story!
I'm new to this whole storybook thing too so maybe we can learn together :)
I would like to be the character Gwen please <3

Name: Gwen Wintera

Species: human

Appearance: Short (Pixie cut) gingery brownish hair , dark green eyes , freckles , needs glasses but never wears them , short height , a small scar on her left wrist (from falling off her bike when she was 5)

Personality: shy but with a small independent streak , quite

Strengths:Has very good hearing , can use a sword and a knife (but very reluctantly)

Flaws: Her hearing can sometimes get her into trouble , too quiet

Background: Came from a very mixed up family . She has always been confused during her life because she tends too hear too much. Mostly she hears things that she shouldn't and ends up taking them the wrong way.

Other:
Last edited by Lornydoo on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I Believe That A Writers Life Is Much More Exciting Then Anyone Else's! xx

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:59 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme says...

Yay! Welcome to the story Lornydoo :D

Now to properly introduce Amber:

Name: Amber

Species: Katchy/human

Appearance: Long tawny colored mane like hair, Hazel blue eyes with a warrior light in them, tanned skin covered with old fading scars, lithely built like a panther, and despite all her ferocious features a gentle shy smile. Her clothes are old fashioned, and earthy colored, made for blending in with her surroundings. She wears no shoes and carries only a single bone carved dagger as her weapon. About her neck she wears a single silver chain with a silver gryphon holding an amber egg as the pendant, this necklace is usually hidden beneath her shirt and is in fact proof of her royal heritage.

Personality: Amber is by definition brave and resilient. She has a natural sense of honor and tends to care deeply for those around her. Despite her warrior like appearance she is in fact a very peaceful individual and quiet spoken. She often tries to approach things diplomatically which can become annoying at times. It is only at the very last possible moment that she becomes the warrior she has been raised to be, dangerous being an understatement.

Strengths: Amber has no problem blending in to her background making her almost invisible even when she's not trying to be. Despite her peaceful nature she is in fact very capable of handling her self in a fight though this part of her is rarely seen. She has very keen senses of sight, touch, and smell but is often unaware that those around her don't share these same abilities.

Flaws: She is actually afraid of crowds and crowded in areas, she is especially sensitive to loud noises. She avoids conflict at all costs and is very naive to the dishonest nature of others, in other words she is overly trusting.

Background: Amber is the daughter of the old king and queen, both murdered soon after her birth. It was only due to the quick thinking of Jarthy, her uncle, that she was able to escape to the protection of Udairnil forest. There she has been raised as a Katchy warrior, trained to survive in even the harshest of conditions.

Other: Amber carries a small tawny Gryphon on her shoulders, the only thing she has left of her Katchy brethren.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:41 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Name: Iris Iridium (female)

Species: Katchy

Appearance: (I may have interpreted wrong, just PM me if I am and I'll change it) As a pure blood Katchy, Iris has a small layer of down like fur which is a pale gingery colour while her main is a darker almost browny red. Her eyes are green with grey flecks around the iris. She is tall and slender with delicate limbs, perfect for moving about the forest. Down her back and arms she has black alomst tiger like stripes that help her to blend in little easier to the forest.

Personality: She has a dark personality, and prefers to be alone with her pet gryphon nammed Yoru. Often she is aggressive to anyone that she dosen't know or like/trust, if she finds someone on her territory in the Udairnil forest she will treat them like prey and stalk them... Although she won't kill them, she still retains some of her Katchy honour.

Strengths: She is fast and agile while moving through the forest, also she is an effcient climber. Also she has a strong will.

Flaws: She is physically weak and finds it difficult to activly help others if it puts her at risk.

Background: As a child she was perfectly normal, until her father died that is. When her father died her mother seemed to make life difficult, abusing her daughter, not caring about the knock-on effects of her actions. When the Katchy elder/high council found out about the beatings they banished Iris' mother, allowing Iris herself to be an independent person in her own right. But only aged sixteen she hadn't yet adapted to life on her own, and her childhood had changed her, darkened her... So she ran away with Yoru.

Other: Yoru is unually large gryphon who shares the same colours and markings as Iris, he also has bright yellow eyes. He will be loyal to th end.

(If I have done anything wrong, just say so and I'll change it as soon as possible)
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:06 pm
View Likes
Mickixoxo says...

Name: Breck Wintera

Species: human

Appearance: dark brown hair, cut short and slightly messy. Light freckles covering his nose. He has light blue eyes and he's slightly muscular, but not bulky.

Personality: He's kindhearted and he doesn't like to fight. He spends his time mostly with horses in the stable, but he enjoys the company of animals in general. His sister is the only reason he would start fighting. If someone threatened his sister, he wouldn't hesitate to protect her. He's slightly over protective, almost to the point of being controlling, but he means all the best.

Strengths: He has good precision and aim and hand-eye coordination. He's good at archery, but only when he needs to be.

Flaws: He hates fighting. He's very much pessimistic.

Background: When Breck was young, his father taught him everything he knows about horses. His father is loving, but distant. He was in charge of the King's stables and as such, had to leave Breck and his sister alone for weeks at a time. Breck took care of his sister and that's where his over-protectiveness comes from as well as his sister's independence.

Other:
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

28 Reviews

Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:33 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

(Well since everyone decided to abandon me for todays start, I guess I'm all on my lonesome)

Iris | King Malcolm's Throne Room

I'd found my way into the castle easily enough. The rumours about the castle being impregnable are most deffinately overated, probably created by the Whoroo people. They always seem to exagerate things. I'd been hidden behind Malcom's throne for what felt like an eternity, with an impatient Yoru twitching restlessly in my lap. Letting out a sigh I scratched his head wondering when I'd finally get an audience with the human ruler. Just then I heard the main doors open and sluggish footsteps drag themselves towards the ancients wooden throne. About time ithought as I stood, careful to remain hidden from sight for now. Letting the guards settle into their postions around the room, I darted about behind them sticking to the shadows almost a ghost in this level of gloom. Yoru flew upward then, to the high rafters from which great banners hung and started gnawing at the ropes that held them aloft. Sharpened toenails echoed through the room then, as the king's beloved Wildercat ambled into the room, taking his place on the king's left-hand side.
"My King," I said from the shadows, "I have a proposition to make. Would you kindly take the time to hear me out?" With a false smile playing on my lips I stepped forewards from the shadows as one of the banners came crashing down in front of the king. Taking advantage of the chaos I moved quickly infront of the throne and knelt. This will teach the halfling to ignore a 'friend'...
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:46 pm
View Likes
tinkembell says...

Name: Delirumorsus (means 'insane bite' in Latin)

Nickname: Morsus

Species: Wildercat

Appearance: He's a fearsome, monstrous creature with almost cat like qualities. At double the size of an ordinairy big cat (think taller than an normal Katchy, even on all fours), Delirumorsus is as black as the night, with a slightly dark purple tail and paws. His eyes are an electric green, but turn black when he's in a particularly evil mood. He has sharp, long retractable claws, and fangs that drip acidic venom - although he doesn't use them often. His fur is tangled and matted, usually smattered with dried blood that he isn't too bothered about, and he has a few scars on his ears. There are other Wildercats in Glyss and if you come across one it would look similar, however Morsus is the scariest of them all.

Spoiler! :
ImageImage

Personality: Delirumorsus has a very twisted and cynical personality, he's quick-tempered and if you bore him you'll be dead in an instant. He also enjoys a good torture, and general destruction. He likes to use sarcasm, and can be quite the charmer when he wants to be but don't take it as a sign that he likes you, he's just trying to manipulate you to his will. Morsus doesn't really feel and emotion is something he hasn't felt in a long time. He won't care if he's hurt your feelings, he doesn't care about anything, his only goal is to be loyal and please the king. He gets hungry a lot, so don't take it personally if he's in need of a snack. If you know his flaws he can be quite vulnerable, especially if you somehow gain his trust (highly unlikely but possible) but as of yet the only person who knows them is himself. To everyone else he's the most feared monster in all of Glyss, and seemingly undefeatable.

Strengths: He's possibly the strongest being in all of Glyss, with a lot of power behind his size, and very fast reflexes. He's an excellent tracker, can blend into the shadows well, and he's able to go for two centuries without food. Delirumorsus's bite can turn you insane within seconds, and even though it isn't true people believe he has hypnotic powers, which means the weaker Katchy's and Whoroo's subconsious's make it true, and succumb to his order. He isn't afraid to kill, and kills often, he also has great leadership skills (mostly because the king's soldiers fear that if they do something wrong they'll be killed) and doesn't take no for an answer. Morsus will never give up when it comes to his King, but he's still his own person.

Weaknesses: In general he's hot tempered so he doesn't give people a chance, he thinks he's invincible (which he isn't) and he sometimes doesn't follow through with promises/threats or takes to long to do so. Delirumorsus can occaisionally get distracted from the task at hand, which gets him in to trouble.
Nobody knows that he has any big weaknesses, so it wouldn't make sense to go using these against him ;) This will be vague my friends, I'm just letting you know that he isn't an immortal undefeatable monster of perfection XD.
~The Katchy symbol of trust.
~Water. As in swimming.
~He can actually be killed, but the means are unknown (rarely dead Wildercats are found deep within the forest, but nobody is ever at the time of death to know how).

Background: Delirumorsus wasn't always a dark evil thing, he was actually quite the fluffly kitten. He's very misunderstood and vengeful because of his past, and it pains him to bring up those memories, king Malcolm is all he has now. He doesn't ever talk about his past, and if you dare to bring it up he'll snap your neck.

Other: He's up for love. Definetly not seeking it, and despises the very thought.You'd have to gain his trust first, and it would take a lot of time and effort - he won't fall easily. It would help if you fit the villain criteria too, and had something in common. If love did happen it'd make poor Delirumorsus quite vulnerable (big weakness) so attack could be easy, but then you wouldn't do that if you truly loved him, would you? Just know that it would be cannibalistc, dangerous love where he could snap at any second and kill you.
His favourite delicacy is baby Katchy.
Human language confuses him so he rarely uses it, prefering the more menacing language of growls, hisses and roars. If you can speak the same way he may be inclined to trust you more.
He has no idea who his birth parents are, or if they're even alive.
Morsus loves to play with his food, rather messily as well.
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

96 Reviews

Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:21 pm
View Likes
tinkembell says...

Delirumorsus | King Malcolm's Throne Room

I was by the King's side in the madness, although the banners covered my views of him I was ready to protect Malcolm from an oncoming attack - whoever was foolish enough to try needed to be dealt with. Wondering how the commotion had happened, I looked up to see a smug gryphon perched in the rafters. I glared at him, emitting a deep growl before ripping the banners out of my way with a paw. It had to be Katchy. My favourite, I mused. I hadn't eaten in a while so this would be fun.
My prediction was correct, although I didn't doubt for a second that it wasn't. A female Katchy knelt before our gloriously destructive King, revenge clearly brewing in her eyes. Sweet betrayal. I liked her already. I stepped forward, mildly amused, and wondered what the topic of their discussion was. Pricking my ears, and cocking my head to the side, I listened with intrigue.
"There's another heir to the throne, one with stronger bloodline. I know her location," she smirked and I watched in horror as the King paled, panicked at the information the worthless Katchy brang. I had to really control myself from ripping out her neck then, tearing her limbs and scattering them recklessly as the blood dripped from my mouth, it was all to vivid.
How could there be another heir, a stronger one? How could she possibly know? My thoughts were broken by Ariel's innocently psychotic voice. I hated her with all of my Wildercat soul, but she was the King's, and I couldn't touch her.
"How could you allow this spy to get in without noticing?" she asked furiously. The truth was that I didn't know, and it was killing me that I hadn't spotted the girl, a mere Katchy should of been easy to sense!
"I didn't believe she'd be a threat, I thought she was with the King's Army. I promise that if she's lying she'll be tortured painfully - my treat." I said, the human language feeling heavy on my tongue. I bow my head and nuzzle at her hand - the closest I could ever come to a kiss - careful not to let my aching canines graze against her skin, hoping it would charm her, soften her.
"You're supposed to be the most powerful Wildercat in Glyss, and yet you let this little mite slip past like you were nothing but a kitten playing with his toys! What if she has alliances out there? What if this is an attempt to overthrow Malcolm? You need to be outside checking the grounds, not laying here like spoilt royalty!"
Now I'm truly angry. If the King didn't love her then she wouldn't have the breath to tell me what I'm doing wrong, what she despises in me - even though she could never despise me more than I her. I roared at her fiercely, hoping to shake some sense into her dangerously crazy mind.
"On it darling." I said, before stalking out of the room.
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore

28 Reviews

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:58 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Iris | King Malcolm's Throne Room, continued

Still knelt before the human king, I heard the wildercat stalk from the room, and felt a smug gryphon land on my shoulders. Being so large Yoru barely fit anymore, so he had to wrap himself around me like a scarf. The amusing thing was that he blended in, making it look like I had an extreemly fat neck. Ah well, no matter.
"My king," I was practically purring, "As I said before, I have news of the halfling princess, the 'rightful' ruler of this land," My head was still bent so I couldn't see his reaction, but judging by Yoru's hiss I guessed he wasn't a very happy man. A woman skreeched then, although I believe she was actually meant to be talking.
"You dare to directly address the king?! How dare the like of your kind even look apon this palace, let alone find yourselves inside!" I tried my best not to flinch away from the pitch of her voice, showing weakness now would not boad well. Narrowing my eyes I stood, and moved face to face with the woman.
"And you dare to threaten me?" I mused. I was taller than her, and she had to look up in order to address me. I smiled a wicked and toothy grin showing off my fangs of a sort. How could this race have survived here for so long? They are so frail and delicate, beyond any Katchy's standards. Turning back to the king, I bowed my head slightly and continued.
"My gracious lord, would you permit me to speak?" There was a forced humbleness to my voice, and I hoped that he wouldn't here it. He started laughing then. I smiled in confusion, cocking my head to one side.
"My lord?" The woman asked.
"A Katchy!" He howled, "With- With murder in it's eyes!" I couldn't coherently make him out for the rasping sound of his laughter, so I just stood and listened. "And- and- and a female at that!" He grasped my wrist and pulled me close forcing me upon his lap. Yoru hissed and spat but the king simply ignored him and battereed him away. "So, my dear. Tell me what you know, or I shall kill both you and this runt of a creature." All traces of laughter had evaporated from his voice, and a deathly seriousness remained. His crazed and high pitch wraith of a wife jumped up and down clapping her hands like a child at the prospect of my death.
"I was willing to tell you anyway, so why the threats?" I hissed into his face.
"You, Katchy girl, would tell me something of such high value with murder in your eyes? And for free?!" Spittle clung to his lips as he spoke.
"Yes, I would. Now kindly release me and I shall speak," The old man let his grip on my arm loosen and I pulled away, starring with dark intent into his eyes, "Thank you, oh gracious lord. Thank you" I said sarcastically, "In the forests of Udairnil, is where you shall find your halfling brat. But be warned, harm my people and in turn I shall harm you," I spat the words but they seemed to have no effect on him.
"Ridiculous child. You shall regret you threats!" The shrill scream of the queen deafend my ears,
"Hush, you silly woman. You see not what I do," The king replied sternly, "Now go Katchy maiden, seek out my beast and tell him he is to care for you... for a time" A crule light glinted in his eyes.

(Feel free to tell me if anything's wrong, I'l change it if need be)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:47 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Fixed!I hope...

Name: Malcolm

Age: around thirty five ish. He's too insane to keep count of his birthdays.

Species: Human (I think O.o)

Appearance:

Personality: Completely insane. Like, legit Belongs-in-an-assylum crazy. His only true love is for his wildercat. Malcolm has a strong attraction to his wife, he loves her, though he shows it in strange ways. He also has a love/fear relationship with the wildercat. He love's the control and power the wildercat brings, though he has a deathly fear of the day he loses the control he has over him.

Strengths: Killing, being completely insane, misusing his power, having slight control over the Wildercat.

Flaws: Things that make sense confuse him.

Background: Malcolm was not a "nice kid". He is the illegitimate son of Amber's grandfather, and the half-brother of the Amber's father(the king he killed). He was raised in the palace as one of the kings own children but he always held a deep jealousy in his heart for his half brother, the true king.
He met the Wildercat when he stole the "gryphon pendant"(the true sign of ruler ship) from his father and ran off with it. He hid in the lower dungeons(in panic) and runs into the Wildercat who has been living there for most of his adult life(300 years). The wildercat attacks him but stops when he see's the gryphon pendant in the boys hands.(300 years ago the wildercat swore an oath to the king that possessed that pendant. He was betrayed by that kings son and locked in the palace dungeons. The power of the pendant had all but been forgotten for all that time, and only through this encounter did Malcolm learn of the power it held over the wildercat's head.)
Malcolm was of course "rescued" by the palace guards and forced to return the gryphon pendant. Due to the wildercat's bite he has suffered near insanity most of his childhood and it has followed him into his adult life, though now it is more of a twisted psychotic intelligence. (he is intelligent and driven, though insanely so :twisted: ) As he grew this "insanity" developed into something much more evil and psychotic. Ultimately he over throw's the "real king" using the Wildercat (who thinks Malcolm is the real king due to their encounter), but when the attack was over Malcolm finds that the King wasn't wearing the pendant that ultimately he would need in order to have any true control over the Wildercat. He fashions a fake which he still wears to this day, though he knows that should the real one ever be brought to light the wildercat would immediately realize the truth, so he naturally fears the day when it is found(though only him and the Wildercat realize the pendants true power).

Other:
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

96 Reviews

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 pm
View Likes
tinkembell says...

Delirumorsus | The Palace Grounds

I scowled. I'd wasted precious time that I could of used to protect Malcolm. There was nothing here, nothing to quiet that excuse of a Queen. Glancing over the wildly uncared for grounds once more, I turned around ready to walk back inside. It angered me that the Katchy spoke of the truth, that there really was another heir. Either that or she was very foolish, and had a death wish. Nobody in Glyss would dare to attempt an attack on the King, let alone by themself - it would be insane to think you'd actually defeat Malcolm, or even get past me. That in itself is an impossible feat.

Scarred ears raised, I listened to the call of a bird. Danger, it screamed to all that would listen, danger below. Ah, that would be me. How unkind of him, a prejudiced assumption. I looked up, smiling as I spotted it. I was still feeling hungry, and now would be the perfect time for a snack. It circled over my head and searched for an escape, knowing that there was no way out.

I waited, the timing had to be just right if I wanted to catch it. As it moved into position, seemingly giving up, I leapt, my big paws grasping the squirming creature as I came down. I set it down on the ground, a claw staking it in place, and snapping it's neck mercifully, I hungrily ripped it apart with my teeth, the blood dripping down my jaw. As if I cared. This delicately small morsel was my first meal in weeks, and I intended to enjoy every last scrap.

Just as I was finishing off, I sensed footsteps behind me. They were Katchy. Female. It had to be the girl. I swiftly turned around to face her, ready to kill the thing.

"Hello, I don't believe we've been introduced. My name's Delirumorsus. Yours?" I asked, sticking out a roughened paw.
The Katchy ignored it, patting her Gryphon instead.
"The King says you'll be caring for me for a while so I thought we should get aquatinted."
"Oh, darling, I'm afraid caring isn't on my emotional spectrum, too overrated if you ask me." I said simply.
Hm, maybe I should of added to that.
"I can pretend if you want though." I whispered, hoping to charm the female.
"I'll pretend you didn't say that."
Harsh.
"Well what a lovely acquaintance! Now, what can I say to further the magnificent bond we have?"

28 Reviews

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:51 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Iris | Castle grounds

"You can say that you won't eat Yoru for a start, or kill him for that matter" I wished no relations with this creature, the fact I had just witnessed it kill made me no more want to trust it than seeing sing and dance. "Is it true?" I asked randomly. I'd heard rumours that the famed Delirumorsus had biten the king, and that was the spark that had ignited his insanity.
"Is what true?"
"That you bit Malcolm? I would call him king, but he is not my king," I spoke matter of factly, a harsh edge to my voice. A soft growl rose from the beast, he didn't like me already. Lovely. "No comment? Okay then... Is there anything interesting for my kind to do around here or... what?" If I wanted to I could possably sit astride the beast before me like a war horse, I bet that would be fun. I was genuinly tempted to try and do so but resisted the urge. Yoru floated away from my shoulders and hovered above Delirumorsus.

96 Reviews

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:58 pm
tinkembell says...

Delirumorsus | Palace Grounds

Swatting the Gryphon away lazily, I looked the girl in the eye, and thought about her question. Anything interesting for her kind? Most certainly not. Unless she's the kind of person I am - into general destruction, pain torture and evil. I'd like that. Wishful thinking though, I thought. I cocked my head to the side, amused by her childish anger. Did she think her behaivour would threaten me?

"Theres a good torture going on in there right now," I said, gesturing a flick of the tail towards the dungeons.
"Or was it that way?" I puzzled, merely thinking aloud as my deep purple tail switched to the left.
"Or, we can watch a hanging, start a fire in the picturesque little Udairnil, murder some Whoroo - delicious specimen, might I add, capture a Draken and break it's wings, or I can take you for a run. Your pick." I suggested.

I hissed as Yoru bit my tail. Of course I felt no pain, but it was beside the point. The scrawny pigeon didn't deserve his life. I delcatley pulled him off, dumping him ceremoniously into the Katchy's arms.

"Let me make this clear. I don't plan on eating your skinny, pathetic hybrid mongrel, but if he carries on, I'll be inclined to kill him. Understand?" I growled aggresively.

Calming myself, I licked the little blood that was on my tail.

"Now, have you decided what you want to do yet?" I asked kindly.

28 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:29 pm
Betheny says...

Don't die!

Iris | Palace Grounds with Delirumorsus

"Take me for a run," I mused aloud, "Wouldn't I be taking you for a run, rather?" There was a smug smile playing at my lips as I turned on my heel, slapping at my thigh indicating for Yoru to follow. I set off at somewhere between a jog and sprint, pretending to be exerting effort. It wasn't long before I heard the great pounding paws of Delirumorsus running behind me as I started to slow down in a foe act of tiredness.
"You'll have to do better, Katchy!" He said as he left me behind in a literal cloud of dust. I threw my head back and laughed for no particular reason save for the sheer thrill of being able to race with the renound and feared Delirumorsus. Calling Yoru to me I slung him forward as he landed on my arm, it would have appeared I were punching air but the effect it had on Yoru was always hilerious. As he flew forward he let out a high itched squeak of joy, or fear, I'm never too sure. Pilling on the speed I caught up with and surpassed the beast, but we ended up running side by side for a time.

After a while I veered left and ran towards the line of trees resembling an ancient orchard, Morsus close on my heel. If I didn't have information useful to his king then I'm sure he would have tried to bite. Leaping into the air in a moment of blind faith, I reached out with all the will in my body for the tree. In passing my hands caught one of the low lying branches and swung, landing in a roll back on the ground. I turned, steping out of the cloud my impact had created and looked about for the impressive cat like creature, but he was no-where to be seen. It was then that the shadow passed over me, glancing up I saw the blackened shape of the beast passing over me.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:16 pm
Gingerhead says...

Greetings, Romans. I know I'm late but could I please try out for the character ARIEL? I swear I won't let you down - I'm quite talented at portraying pscychotic Mad Women with split personalities!!!!!
Down once more into the dungeons of my black despair. Down we plunge into the prisons of my mind.....- Phantom of the opera

Stories don't end because you stopped paying attention.
— SJ Whitby