z

Young Writers Society

The Orchestra

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:33 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

PLOT: The Youths Orchestra is one of the most successful in New York. Nearly every symphonic instrument is in it, and the pieces put together are tearjerking and well played.

And the orchestra consists of young people, ages fourteen to eighteen.

You are one of them. You come from all different backgrounds, and play for all your own reasons. For some, it's life. Others, a secret that nurses their passion. Whatever the Orchestra is to you, it's there. And no one can stop you from playing in it.

RULES

No god modding.

All new characters. If used it before, don't use it here.

Keep swearing to a very minimum.

Romance is encouraged, but the line is drawn.

CHARACTER SLOTS

Girls: Lea Black- Cello (me)
Audrey Henderson- Harp (Chupa)
Evelyn-Flute and Violin (Fox)
Tabitha- Violin (Shadow)
Lilia Mao-Tin whistle (Raz)
Tessa-Piano (Mizzle)

Guys:
Mikey Henderson- Double bass (Chupa)
Xavier Mellish-Viola (Retro)
Lukas Black (Me)
Ian- Guitar (Shadow)
Milo-Piano (FicFan)
Jack-Drums (Stori)

Character Template

Name:

Age (14-18):

Instrument:

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Other:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have fun!
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 12 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

57 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:46 am

Name: Lea Black

Age (14-18): 16

Instrument: Cello. She plays piano too, but rarely; cello is her main instrument, and the one she knows better.

Appearance: Short red hair, brown eyes, thin.

Spoiler! :

Personality: She's quiet, and keeps to herself. Once you get her to open up, she's sweet and innocent, but her shell is hard. She's very passionate about her music, and nothing will get between her and it. It's her life, and her escape. She seems not to hear anything else while playing.

History: When Lea was twelve, her house burned down, and she managed to save only her cello case, with it inside. She set off on the street, with only a couple hundred dollars in her pocket and her cello. She started playing on the streets- that's how she was found and put in the orchestra. Her family is dead. She's alone. It's what drives her to play- the ache.

She's gotten over it by now, but she still taps into it sometimes, and now boards at the Orchestra, which offers boarding for kids who don't have a place to stay. She's been playing cello since she was seven. She's truly incredible, and sometimes closes her eyes and won't respond to anything until she's played a piece, usually a freestyle. She's the best of the best in young cellists, and certainly one of the best cellists, ever.

Other: always wears a purple knit beret.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:58 am
ForsakenAngel says...

I'm in!

Name: Tabitha

Age (14-18): 18

Instrument: Violin
Spoiler! :

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Imagewithout that top piercing.

Personality: She is quiet, and she likes to be quiet and listen to others talk. She rarely says a thing, and when she does, people listen. She likes to meat new people, and she loves to show off her talent, but bot like she's so proud of it and thinks she's better than everyone else. No, she is proud of herself, considering her parents don't accept their daughter waisting her time with it. She loves to play, and she enjoys the music. She likes Hello Kitty too!

History: She grew up in a rich family, though they weren't her family. She was adopted, and she is on a search to find her real parents, while keeping to her music, which makes her feel like she fits in somewhere. She has two younger sisters, and three older sisters, who are her adopted sisters, and one younger brother, who is her real brother.

Other: This is her necklace and teddy bear!
Spoiler! :
Image Image
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:11 am
retrodisco666 says...

Name: Xavier Mellish

Age (14-18):16

Instrument:Viola

Appearance: Tall, Aryan, Medium build.

Personality:Very nice and lovable. He is always there for you if you need him.

History:Started taking lessons at the age of 5 and progressed from there. He comes from a loving caring family.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:18 pm
Fox says...

Name: Evelyn

Instrument: violin and/or flute

Appearance: She has bright blue eyes and is quite small for her age: http://media.photobucket.com/image/cute ... -girl5.jpg

Personality: She takes what she does very seriously and works hard, practicing every day. She's really kind and sweet, but has a bit of a temper. She doesn't like when people distract her and is very quiet.

History: Music is her life. She's played many instruments, starting with flute when she was three. Then she learned violin (those are her favorite). Her parents were thrilled that she was into that stuff, and were glad to get her lessons, but couldn't afford it. She taught herself all of the instruments she played. Her mother died in a car accident, so it was just her and her father, since she was an only child.

Other: Up for love
Last edited by Fox on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:06 pm
Mizzle says...

Name: Contessa Grace Charleston

Nickname: Tessa

Age (14-18): 17

Instrument: Classical Piano

Appearance: She has fair skin, a rich ivory color that compliments her wavy, mid-length blonde hair that has currents of underlying dark brown. Her eyes are a deep blue. She's 5''4, and very slim and tiny for her age. Her hands are fairly large, but not too huge, the perfect size for the art of classical piano. See the picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: "She lives in a fairytale, too far out for us too find," would describe Tessa's general personality; she's distant, and doesn't speak often. Often you can find her sitting in deep thought, with a music notebook in front of her. She's quiet, and won't stand up for herself against anyone. She's the quiet girl on the sidelines that no one throws a second glance at, but she secretly wishes for things too change. The one time she's confident is when her fingers touch the keys of the piano. Harmony.

Likes: the piano, dark chocolate, classic books, rainy days, and her cat (see below).

Dislikes: her past, loneliness (though she's accustomed to it), seeing people cry, and being hurt.

Strengths: She's been called the next Mozart; she composes her own musical pieces for the piano, and plays them beautifully. A child prodigy, they had said when she was merely seven--now look at her! She's also very good at listening to people's problems, and school--especially math.

Weaknesses: She cries easily, and is very gullible; she's partly blind in her right eye, but no one knows that.

History: She was born on August nineteenth, and placed in an orphanage when she was two years old. Her mother had died in a car accident, and her dad committed suicide after losing his wife. Tessa lived at the orphanage until she was five, when a family of three--a father, a mother, and a one month old son--adopted her. At the age of six, they enrolled her in piano classes, and that was when her talent was discovered. She was eleven when she became well-known, and at age fifteen she joined the Youth Symphony Orchestra. Her parents let her do whatever she pleases, but she visits them at Christmastime, and writes letters to them once a month. She kept her true parent's last name, though.

Other: Has an orange tabby cat named Zoe, but it stays at home with her adoptive parents while she travels with the Orchestra.

Extra: Up for love.
Last edited by Mizzle on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:22 pm
Razcoon says...

Name: Lilia Mao

Age (14-18): 15

Instrument: Tin whistle

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Sweet, creative, cute, sensitive, cries easily, can't stand up for herself, bipolar, but usually happy as long as she takes her meds.

History: She grew up as the younger sister of two, always put down by her older sister Mercy. Which is ironic, considering her name.

Other: None
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

57 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:24 pm

WE NEED GUYS, PEOPLE.

Seriously.

We have three times as many girls than boys.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:37 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

I'll save a spot for a guy. Any ideas for an instrument?
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:39 pm

How bout some sort of string instrument? If you're doing guitar, make it acoustic.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:49 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

OK, I'll post a profile as soon as I can!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:52 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Audrey Henderson (Aud)

Age (14-18): 16

Instrument: Harp

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Audrey is very... quiet. She doesn't talk much, and she's truly a gentle soul. She always has a smile on her face, and doesn't let anything bring her down, for the most part. She loves her brother with all her heart, especially after all he's done for her. She's very graceful, and just like the harp, light and harmonious, calming and peaceful.

History: Audrey grew up pretty normal. She had a happy life, happy family, friends, and even a dog named Sparky. That was... until the housefire. When Audrey was ten, practicing the harp in the family's music room upstairs, an electical fire egnited downstairs, blowing up the kerosine bottle that sat beside it, strictly for Audrey's mother's art projects. Her mother was killed instantly, as was Sparky. Her father, who was with Audrey when the fire started, was in a panic to save her mother's body, and threw Audrey from the second story window. Audrey broke her arm, and her ankle upon impact with the ground. Her father became caught up in the flames, and died that night as well. When the firefighters finally came, Audrey told them that her parents were her only family, and she had nowhere else to go. Upon hearing this, the fire chief took her in to live with him, his wife, and their son Michael.

Other: Up for love, and she has a huge burn scar on her back, but she doesn't let anyone see it, which is why she's so self-concious when she changes with the girls.

~~

Name: Michael Henderson (Mikey)

Age (14-18): 18

Instrument: Double bass

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Him with bright green eyes

Personality: Michael's the exact oppisite of Audrey. He's loud, clumsy, sometimes dramatic, and usually jumps into things without thinking about the pros and cons. He's a do'er not a thinker, and that's usually his down fall. He's quick to anger, and quick to get into fights, but he is one of the most loyal friends someone will find. He's helpful, loving, and protective to his friends, and will gladly stand up for them.

History: Mikey grew up extremely normal. His father is a firefighter, and his mother was once in the orchestra as a harpist. From the time he was old enough, Michael played the double bass, and he loved it. Many people considered him... strange for being a guy in the orchestra, but he didn't mind it. He and his sister, with her amazing harp skills and his professional-like double bass playing, won almost every talent show, or competition they ever entered, and finally, went into the orchestra together

Other: Up for love?
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:21 pm

If you could, and not already doing so, please try to make a guy character! The ratio is still way off.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

57 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Name: Lukas Black

Age (14-18): 17

Instrument: violin

Appearance: Blonde, tan, green eyes. Tall and muscular.

Spoiler! :

Personality: He's bold and friendly, and very popular. No one he knows other than Lea and the orchestra know he's in it; he's the golden boy, known for sports and his family's wealth. He's the guy all girls swoon over; he practically has a fanclub. He keeps the orchestra a secret; he values his rank too much to let himself be known as an orchestra geek.

History: Luke was raised in a wealthy family, and attended private schools all his life. It never made him snobby, though; he's still generous and caring. No one would think that Lea Black, the shy, quiet, cellist is related to him. He saw a symphonic concert when he was nine, and fell in love with the violin. He picked it up the next week, and has been playing it ever since.

Other: Is Lea's cousin.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:51 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I'll take a guy spot. i'll post in a minute. I just need to do something real quick
Live, Love, Laugh

Nobody wants to see the village of the happy people.
— Lew Hunter