z

Young Writers Society

Freedom

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue May 11, 2010 7:06 am
sylverdawn says...

I finally got my computer back, Yes :lol: :twisted: I was reading some stuff about dictatorships and I came up with this idea, the plot is fairly open so you can take it in almost any direction, I've just set up the world.

Freedom-

plot: Freedom? There's no such thing. Imagine you live in a world where your every word, every step, every blink of your eyes and beat of your heart is watched. The C-chip was a revalutionary invention, one designed to wipe out crime, war, terrorism. Create the perfect world.

Everyone has one of these chips planted in their necks, the government watches constantly. From birth to death your life is mapped out by the Organization and if you don't fit into the accepted norm, if you don't CONFORM, you dissapear. Forever.

It has been just over twenty years since the C-chip was invented. You were the first generation to have them from the very hour, the very minute of your birth. For the rest of the world, freedom is a distant and fading memory. For you, it's nothing more then a fairy tale, the equivalent of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy.

But the world is slowly dying, progress has been brought to a stand still, although the public doesn't realise it. Since the C-chip their has been no crime, no blood shed, at least none that the world knows of, but their are no more great works of art, no more insane inventions.

As if time has stopped in the eye of the storm. Something has to change, someone has to change it. The year is 2034, what will you do?

--------
rules: The usual rules, apply here, no god moding no killing off characters. But remember, if your character has not had their C-chip illegaly removed (This act alone is worth a death sentence) then you must act like a perfect happy little robot, your true personality showing only in your thoughts, watch your words unless your willing to take the plunge.

For those who have had their chip removed you're free to be yourself, but keep in mind that you are a FUGITIVE.
--------
character: Please follow this character profile.

Name-
age-
gender-
type- Robot/Ghost (Basically do you have a chip or not)
role- (Only robots need to fill this out, basically the job you've been given by the government, you will recieve only enough education for this job and nothing more. Although their are a few Ghost's working for the government.)
appearance-
history-
personality-
abilities- (Their are psychic abilities in this world but to have them is abnormal, a death sentence, so they're a deadly secret, also you only get one, choose wisely.)
other-

---------
My Profile-

name- Raven
age- 18
gender- male
type- Ghost
role- Rebel/Fugitive

appearance- http://media.photobucket.com/image/silv ... d.jpg?o=21

history- Before the C-chip his father was a Navy Seal, when the army was disbanded he did odd jobs around the town. In secret he taught Raven everything he knew about survival and combat. By the time he was thirteen Raven was a black belt in several different now illegal martial arts. He was an expert marksman with the training of a sniper. Raven was born with near perfect muscle memory that allows him to copy a move after seeing it just once.

When he was thirteen, someone finally caught on to what his father was doing and he vanished. The government tried to take Raven too, but in the struggle, Raven's emotions reached a peak. His ability woke and raged out of control killing everyone around him and destroying his chip at the same time. He's been on the run ever since drifting from rebel group to rebel group.

Because his ability allows him to access, destroy, and basically use C-chips like his own personal toys, the government is determined to capture him alive. One of the higher level psychic abilities that they are determined to obtain.

personality- Raven's a very hotheaded person he would lose it over the smallest things, but like all children born after the C-chip he has immense emotional control. He realises that he can't solve everything by simply bulling your way through a situation. A brilliant and cunning tactician he can figure his way out of any situation, but Raven lacks the patience for long term strategy. Very much a lone wolf. More will be revealed with time.

abilities- he can create and control lightning and his body is constantly charged with it like an electric eel, I won't reveal more then that 'cause it's more interesting this way.

other- up for love, goes by the code name 'Flash'
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue May 11, 2010 8:16 am
Apple says...

Name- Rosette Locke

age- 17

gender- Female

type- Ghost

appearance-
Spoiler! :

history- Rosette was born into a moderately wealthy family. She was the youngest of a twin birth, her elder brother Oren was the first to get the chip. All her life, Rosette had had thoughts of rebellion though was often to scared to word them or even think of the freedom it would offer her.

Oren was reigned in her family as the golden child, with Rosette always trying to match him. Though, she was never good enough. Rosette was always told to be a dreamer and someone with her head to high in the sky. When she was fourteen and someone came to her with an illegal way to remove the C-chip she jumped towards it.

It was then that her ability became apparent and it was when her brother fell towards the floor at her feet imbetween a fight that she was a threat to the ones she loved and that she would have to leave them for good.

personality- Rosette plays her emotions like a puppet. If others are angry she will turn uncontrollable, if others are happy she will be bubbliest person you have ever met. Though she acts like a robot Rosette is a very cunning person who can often be considered an arrogant clown. She often comes across clue less and in retrospect she often is.

Abilities- Rosette can kill with touch and intention. Rosette has the ability to kill someone or render them useless if she come in contact with them. In other words, if she touches anothers heart it will cease to beat and they will fall dead. Though, she can only kill them if she is one with her opponent (same emotions that the emotive clouds are one).

other- Rosette carries a picture of her twin brother around everywhere with her. She hates herself for what she does and it shows in her eyes. She is up for love.
I spy!

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Tue May 11, 2010 2:09 pm
ultraviolet says...

Hi!

This sounds really cool. Only one question: exactly how do the C-Chips work? Like, can they see through your eyes, or only hear sound, or what? I'm going to join either way. I just want to know, because it will make it clear whether my character can do something. Thanks! :)

:elephant: LOVE --ULTRAVIOLET
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue May 11, 2010 7:41 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name- Saphire (friends and fellow rebels call her Fire) Mark
age- 15
gender- Female
type- Ghost
appearance- She has long black hair down past her waist and pale skin her eyes are a piercing dark green her lips are pale and she is thin but not to thin she is about 5 11 Has a smile that she shows rarely but when she does everyone who sees it is instantly happy
Role: Rebel/Fugitive
history- When she was born her mother and father hid her before the goverment could put the C-chip in her so the goverment has no idea that she even exists. Her parents were killed a few years ago and since then she has believed in freedom and free will and fighting for what you believe in. She thinks that the dictator is a pompous idiot who has no idea what human nature is like. SHe has a baby brother who has no idea that she is even alive and she hates the goverment for making him a robot. She has tried to kill herself multiple times but has never been able to complete it because one of the rebels and once her baby brother has come by and convinced her that there is still something to fight for. She hates the entire goverment because it is human nature to be defiant and free but they took that away and she hates them for it.
personality- She is a firm believer in freedom and free will. She is a very sweet and well mannered girl is very kind and understanding and brilliant, she is curious but doesn't express her curiousty, she is very well thought and sarcastic she isn't afraid to speak her mind she is also very sweet, funny, optimistic, sassy, bold, courageous, and a good listener. She can make friends with anyone or anything with in a few minutes. She can be childish at times . She is often depressed or in pain but she fakes that she is fine so that everyone else around her will feel fine. She has a very quick temper. She is very good at keeping her face a blank mask and her emotions in check.

abilities- She can control all forms of the elements.
other- She likes to come up with poems and songs that expresses how she feels. She has a beautiful singing voice and can play the piano,flute,violin,guitar,piccolo and all cousins of the violin as well. She can sing and not hypnotize people. She loves to draw. She is very good at keeping peoples spirits up especially young children.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Thu May 13, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

66 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 7:58 pm
sylverdawn says...

*I guess I didn't explain the C-chip well enough, it monitors sight and hearing, so that It knows what's happening around you, as well as spreading, something like an electronic net through your body, it monitors your heart beating, your lungs breathing, and the tiniest movement of your body.

Even a single C-chip constantly takes in a massive amount of data. Unless your willing to ditch your chip you have to be completely paranoid about every little thing. The only thing it can't monitor is the brain, so feel free to think your own thoughts.*

novel.php?id=1157

262 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 8:12 pm
ultraviolet says...

Thanks! That clears things up. I'll be back in a bit with my profile. :D
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Reviews: 0
Tue May 11, 2010 8:31 pm
Tomoko says...

Name: Sarah Madison

Type: "Robot"

Appearance: Slender body, a bit small in stature, fair skin, dark brown hair, hazel eyes

History: Sarah has always been the perfect little girl. She never questions authority, never speaks out against her parents, and always does just as she's told while wearing a big smile. This is how everyone else views Sarah. However, only Sarah herself knows how miserable and lonely a person she really is.

When Sarah was learning about world history in school at the age of eight, she became intrigued by the many inventions, art, and ideas contrived by the people of the past. As her teacher quickly passed through that lesson, she dwelled on it for years after. Sarah immediately began to make her own works of art. She painted and sketched everything she could think of. She was so ecstatic to discover how vast her imagination was and how exhilarating it was to draw out what was hidden within it. There was so much more she wanted to do as well, such as learning to play a strange stringed instrument called a violin, and to learn about the unbelievable freedom of love. It was a brand new world for the young girl, and she had never been so excited in her life.

Sarah's newfound hopes and dreams were quickly crushed by her parents as soon as they discovered what Sarah had been doing. They were horrified at the thought that Sarah would want to rebel and deviate from the path to her future life as an accountant, nonchalantly doing whatever she pleased. Her sketches, and her self-esteem, were torn to pieces. From that point forward, her parents had her take more intense classes of government and economics.

The more Sarah sat through these classes, the more she loathed the government and the way it stripped people of a free life. The only safe place for her was within her own mind, where she constantly painted out new pictures. Were these pictures ever to be made real, they would be destroyed. And that was the way she came to think of her "real self." At twelve years of age, concluding that she could never be a "real" person, Sarah tried to stab herself with scissors, but broke down just before doing so, unable to bring herself to do it.

Now Sarah lives as a husk, a smiling little doll of modern society, excelling in her roadmapped life, while secretly inside, she is a hopeless and distraught soul, all alone within herself, longing for freedom.

Personality: Sarah appears to be a perfectly happy girl. She is a great student and polite in every way. Under this mask, however, she is distraught and miserable. The only time she's happy at all is when she thinks up new stories in her free time, and she will seem completely blank when she does this. Sarah has waited her whole life to be free to express herself, and she's sure that it's then that she'll ever truly be happy.

Other: Sarah has no knowledge of the C-chip. I do not plan for Sarah to be a wrecked and unhappy person for long, because I want her to meet a Ghost and eventually be "saved" from society. Right now, I don't think Sarah will have any "special abilities (other than her imagination and creativity)," because I just don't like that idea... but, that might be changed later. Should I change the profile to suit her new personality once she is "saved" in the story? Also, I'll put "up for love" here, because it seems like everyone else is.
Last edited by Tomoko on Tue May 11, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Harajuku Vomit Princess"

262 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 9:03 pm
ultraviolet says...

Name: Liberty Connor Smith

Type: Robot

Role: Works at a library. This is a very important job because she monitors the material that is given to the public. She got this job, even though she’s sixteen, because it was her mother’s job and her mother taught her how to do everything, since there are very strict guidelines. Her mother passed away when she was fifteen, because the government saw her as rebellious when she accidentally let a book slip that the government did not approve of. Ever since she has hated the government with a passion, but is unsure at this point what to do.

Her mother gave her the name Liberty Connor--Liberty = Freedom, Connor = Much Wanted--so that she may never forget freedom is everything, and is also a privilege, not a right. She is going to have to fight for it.

Appearance: Though she wishes she could look normal--brown hair, no piercing or tattoos--she looks like the picture, except for multiple piercing, and a couple tattoos. (Ignore name at bottom.)

Spoiler! :

Personality: Although she acts--other than her choice of fashion--like a good little robot, inside she is screaming to be saved. She’s well behaved on the outside, but to herself is very sarcastic and is constantly wishing to rip some heads off. If ever given the option to become a ghost, she would take it in a heartbeat, even if it meant death. Because someone has to oppose the government, and, as they killed her mother, she is more than willing to be the one.

Abilities: She can push her thoughts into other people’s minds, and hear other people’s thoughts, but only if they are involving/directed toward her.

Other: Enjoys reading as it is an escape from her miserable world. Would write, but she would quickly get arrested if she penned her thoughts or opinions.

~asofterworld.com

66 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 10:54 pm
sylverdawn says...

Once we have another guy character we can start the story, right now I'm the only one :( also Tomoko do you think Sarah and Raven could be together, I think they'd make an interesting fit.

novel.php?id=1157

Reviews: 0
Tue May 11, 2010 11:14 pm
Tomoko says...

sylverdawn wrote:Once we have another guy character we can start the story, right now I'm the only one :( also Tomoko do you think Sarah and Raven could be together, I think they'd make an interesting fit.

[Do you mean, be together after the story has begun? I think it'd be a good idea in that Raven could free her and give her a life, and things could progress from there.]
"Harajuku Vomit Princess"

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue May 11, 2010 11:52 pm
fictionfanatic says...

can you save me a spot please?
Live, Love, Laugh

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed May 12, 2010 3:29 am
Threnody says...

name- Sophie
age- 18
gender- Female
type- Robot
role- She is the prima ballerina in a very famous travelling dance troupe. They provide government approved entertainment for many people throughout the world.

appearance- Sophie is tall and willowy with a typical dancer's build. She has curly white/blonde hair, a fair complexion and odd amber eyes. When off stage, Sophie wears typical acceptable dress but wears her hair in elaborate styles. Sometimes she weaves ribbons into it so it looks like her hair is purely ribbons, she nets it in gold thread and other odd things.

history- She started dancing ever since she was little. Her parents were extremely supportive. When the C-chip got installed, they followed the crowd and didn't protest. The government allowed Sophie to join the troupe and that has been her given job over the past years. She has seen very much and comprehends very much.

Obviously, since she first got the chip in, there has been a glitch. The computer skips over somethings, doesn't register others and completely misses a lot. Though Sophy is monitored the same as the rest, some things on her personal profile just aren't there. More and more are going missing and it seems as if her chip is just burning itself out slowly into Sophie herself ceases to exist.

Sophy has always understood more than most people. She has thorough understanding of the sociology of the day, and notices a lot of things most people don't.

personality- Sophie seems normal at first, but when you start to talk to her, you see there's more than meets the eye. She's quiet but observant and can see a lot of things most people wouldn't notice. She says things that seem surprising to some. She's spontaneous and alive and very energetic. She cuts to the chase and nothing seems to surprise her. She's clever, not very book smart though.

abilities- She can read people very deeply. She can tell their personality just by looking at them. She can determine weaknesses and strengths, hopes and dreams just by meeting their eyes. She thinks it's just a talent, but it's something more.

other- up for love
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

66 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 12:17 am
sylverdawn says...

*Alright we can start the story, those who haven't made a character, can just join in.*

Raven Lawe-

The city was just like any other. People busily rushing to work, or buying stuff, no kids older then nine playing in the parks. Sighing Raven tapped his ear piece to cut out the static. "Are you sure there's a rebel camp in this city Tash? The place practically screams robot central."

"No I'm just sending you on a wild goose chase because I think it's funny." The sarcastic reply made him stifle a snort. "From what we can tell the Ghost's in this city are hiding out in the sewers. Thank god the government can't organize a manhunt. If the public knew how often the C-chip fails there'd be a panic."

Raven's lips quirked upward in a smirk. "That and they'd look incompetent."

"That too." Tash replied. "Still this city is crawling with government agents. Get in there and find whats up. Live up to your reputation and do it fast 'Flash'."

"Already on my way, I'll call you when I've got something." Raven hung up and started walking towards town.

novel.php?id=1157

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu May 13, 2010 12:35 am
fictionfanatic says...

Name- Tiffany Tyson. Goes by Tiff

age- 17

gender- Female

type- Ghost

appearance- Pale grey eyes framed by thick black eyelashes. Her hair goes down to the bottom of her back and spirals in ringlets. Her skin is pale but her lips are full and bright red.

history- Tiff started out as a robot but when she heard about the rebels it was to late. She found a way to remove the C-chip and she's now here. She has no idea where her family is but she doesn't care either.

personality- Tiff gets attached to people but she's good at dealingwith seperation if she doesn't like you. Her face usually has the same expression on it. A genuin smile. And it's there no matter what the circumstance is. And she's not exactly outgoing but she's not one to blend with the crowd or hide in the back either

abilities- she can control the movement of a person's body. In other words, she can make you move how ever she wants you to.

other- Up for love
Live, Love, Laugh

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu May 13, 2010 12:44 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Saphire Mark
I walked through the city my black sweatshirt hood pulled up and casting a shadow over my eyes. I hated this place this whole goverment I shoved my hands into my pockets and continued to walk. I passed a silver haired boy and said quietly to myself a poem I had made up " No one hears your screams the only way to get away is your dreams in them you take flight but now your tortured screams haunt the night." I continued to walk going to no place in particular having nowhere to go. I found my way into a park and sat onto a swing and started to swing slowly my hands in my lap.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

It's Monday and you folks are beginning to wonder about the show, aren't you
— David Letterman