z

Young Writers Society

Fashion Designing by ME!

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:36 pm
MiaParamore says...

I haven't posted any of my designs for a while and tam_ara seemed to be liking it and many others did. So would love your reviews on that.
Let me know what you guys think!
Attachments
rsz_scan0002.jpg
I hope you like this one!
rsz_scan0002.jpg (53.46 KiB) Viewed 652 times
rsz_scan0004.jpg
My yellow sundance!
rsz_scan0004.jpg (69.69 KiB) Viewed 763 times
rsz_scan0016.jpg
This is sort of inspired by Sue Wong creations Sort of! There's my contribution, guys.
rsz_scan0016.jpg (60.46 KiB) Viewed 768 times
Last edited by MiaParamore on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:01 pm
Maki-Chan says...

I really like the first one. The colors are bright and happy. ^_^ you going to create these?
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:07 pm
Sins says...

Hey shubhi!
Here to review as requested.

I've got to say, I'm seriously impressed with these! :smt005

I'm no fashion designing expert; not by a long shot. I do love fashion though, and I was really interested in these. I liked the ideas, the styles and the colours.

My favourite design is definitely the first one. I love colourful things and this is seriously colourful. My favourite part is where the skirt puffs out on the bottom. You've used all of the colours in the top half and scribbled them into the second half! Skins likes :wink:

My favourite thing about the second drawing is the style of the jumper thing. I like how it covers only one shoulder. I also like the colours you've chosen. The mint green and the black work really well together. Plus, it looks nice and warm!

I'm not going to critique this, mostly because I would have no idea to begin. Sorry! Think of this as a complementary review. :lol:

Keep designing! Seriously :wink:

xoxo Skins
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:14 pm
Lava says...

Hey Shubhi!

Well let's head straight to my comments(which will be only on the designs.).

1. I like the top-yellow diagonal thing. The orange waist-strap should be more clearly defined. It seems a little crooked and not really neat. Also; the neatness needs to be improved upon on the other horizontal lines.
The bottom: The squiggly lines make me confused. It looks good on paper but what is it supposed to be in real life? How would it look if it has to be tailored and with what?

2. This seems to be done in a rush, but I do like your idea and colours. The girl's right shoulder is broader than the left. It's like the right side is very square.
The way you've drawn the off-shoulder sleeve is not natural. Look at some pictures and see how it naturally falls.
Also, you need to show folds of the cloth as the horizontal stripes won't generally be aligned with the stripes on the sleeves.
The belt could do with more definition.

Good job. You definitely have potential. Keep it up!
~Lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:15 pm
Areida says...

Hey shubhiloves2write! Can't say that I would ever wear either of these things, but I definitely like the colors that you chose. I especially like the black and turquoise combo in the second design. I don't think I've ever seen any fashion designs posted on YWS before, so this is way cool. Thanks for posting!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:37 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Hey shubhi!
I'm really glad you posted these! I agree with the others, the first one is the best. I love how it's really flared at the bottom and has a shoulder thingy at the top. The colours really compliment each other, and it looks cool!

I like this one, but I think you should have coloured it in a little neater before posting it up. Still, I like the shoulder thingy, and the limited colour usage is great. I really like the shoes, they really look great with the outfit.

Anyway, well done and thanks!

~Tamara
x
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:15 pm
eldEr says...

OooooOOooo!! I really did like those! The only things I have to say are:
In picture one, her leg seems really thick. Otherwise it's a really cool design! It's so bright!

In the second picture, as lava pointed out, her one shoulder is quite a bit too broad. I however, don't think it looks that rushed. I thought it was really pretty :)

Excellent work!
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:27 pm
curiousvampire says...

OMG! They're both pretty good and I love the second one. I would so wear it! Very impressive designs indeed. :)
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

204 Reviews

Reviews: 204
Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:16 pm
crescent says...

Hey Shubhi. Can I call you Shelby? It's easier to remember.
I apologise for possible meaness.
They are nice designs but you may want to work on your models' figures. For the first one, one of her legs seem to be a thick and the head sticks on the neck funny. The shoulders are also uneven like in the second one, although that one's a bit less noticible. You have good eye for colours and good shading skills though. I really like the outfits.

-Cressy
Please take care to use good grammar when making a post!

"grammer" 1519 matches on YWS *twitches*

Rydia is the ruler of the world. :(

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:55 pm
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

wow not that i know one thing about fashion, but i really love these! i'm very impressed! i don't have anything bad to say about the designs :) I have to mention though that the girl's legs on the first design were way too large. You did a good job on your proportions everywhere else, though. And for the 2nd one, if the stripes were meant to be gray, you should've colored them with a pencil instead, because the scribbling was a little distracting. You should make the belt a lot bolder, too. If these were rough drafts of your design, you did a great job :)
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:26 pm
WritingWords says...

Okay...your designs are ah-mazing! You should be a fashion designer when you grow up! :D I absolutely love your first design. The bursts of color are really cool. For the second one, it looks more serious and mature. I like it. But there are a few odd things. For the second design, what happened to the right arm? Did it disappear in the sleeve or something? And I don't really like your shoes for both. Don't just scribble random shoes that match the dress! Both of the models' feet were drawn at an awkward position. Perhaps you can redraw it and adjust the feet a little? Overall, I really liked it. Be sure to comment on my Will Review For Food topic for more reviews!
Please follow me on all my writing quests by clicking "Follow" on my Profile. Thanks!

Popularity Wars Chapter Three is now here:
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post735878.html#p735878

Please review!! Love ya!

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:23 am
lilymoore says...

Okay, because these are fashion designs, I’m going to do this review a little differently.

As far as the way they are drawn, the second one is my favorite. The proportions are well drawn besides the fact that her legs do seem a little too long. The first one, however, seems a little less proportionate in both her face and her upper legs.

But the as far as the design goes, I’m in love with both. The first one is so vibrant and bright and the contrast of the fitted top half with the puff and extravagance of the skirt. The second one, I love for its baggy shape as well as the choice of pattern. The only real comment I would make on this one is the length of the sleeves seem too long. Long all good, but these seem almost too long. Also, the belt seems to be placed a little too low. When belts are worn for fashion, they are generally worn a little higher up near the waist, rather then what seems more like her hips.

All and all, these both seem like wonderful pieces and I would definitely catch myself wearing the second one for sure (not that the first one is bad, I just like darker more dramatic colors).

*likes*
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:54 pm
MiaParamore says...

LOL. I didn't notice the legs of the first model. :lol: I should correct it, its looking as if someone has stuffed something inside them. Thanks for the reviews everyone. And crescent, you can call me anything you want. I like Shelby. :wink: Thanks a lot!!!!
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:57 pm
deleted3 says...

you really like off-the-shoulder designs! :-) well i like the second one more I think, but that's because its more my style. What's the skirt material made of in the first design? i'm interested in what would make it squiggle like that... I imagine the first dress would be worn at a fancy dress party. the second one, I could wear to work :lol:

keep designing!
Love to Live, Live to Love <--- My Motto
http://ekarimbvundula.blogspot.com <--- My Blog
Follow me on:
https://twitter.com/EtherealEmber <--- My Twitter

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:22 pm
captain.classy says...

As a fashion designer myself, I was very drawn to this post. ^^ let's get started here...

So, how can I put this... costume. It looks like the costume a girl clown would wear mixed with a bubble gum flavored ice cream cone. It's a bit intriguing, but would never make it in the fashion world.

I liked this one a lot, and would wear it. Sweater dresses = my love. All I have to say is that these colors and the shape and all that mumbo jumbo is not original, and has been used countless times before. You could find a dress like this in any store.

You definitely have potential, and obviously passion. Keep designing!

Classy

She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.
— Atticus