Young Writers Society

Pictures 7

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:59 am
Juniper says...

Her name is Pepper :) She got in my way, so I zoomed and shot. xD

Now. Landscapes

"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:00 am
tori1234 says...

love the kitty!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:54 pm
MeadowLark says...

Hey June!

1) Cute cat! I love cats and her eyes really stand out. Though, it may have been better if the rest of her body was in the picture and maybe if it wasn't so zoomed in. But that's just my opinion >_<

2) I love this picture. No idea why. It has an old touch to it, most likely the grey wood, the lamp hanging beside the door and the old design of the door. If it weren't for the metal fence or the gas meter thingy by the lamp, it would really have that old look to it. You took it at a nice angle.

3) Awesome sunset! Love the colours right in the middle of the photo there and how the trees are all black and you can't see every detail or the colour of them. It has a neat effect. Also, the way you can barely see the house in the picture has a neat effect. Like searching for something that's there but you can't see it...The clouds add a wonderful addition. Good job!

3) Another neat picture! I like how the vegitation gives the picture a slight "frame" on the side there. Although, in the top left corner, it's rather bright and some branches of the spruce are kind of blurry. The house in the centre is real fancy looking too xD

4) The lights in distance are rather bright but they give off a neat little yellow hue around them. The branches to the left have a webish feature to them or like a net. If that white fence wasn't there, it would give it more of an oldish feel to it. Of course though, the powerline and the cars don't help ^_^

5) The willow looks like a fan, the way the branches spread out. It is a willow, right? The picture looks slightly burry and staring at it makes me feel as if it was raining when you took it. I don't know, that's just my opinion. What are those white things at the end of the driveway? I know you can't do anything about them, but they're rather distracting ^_^

6) I love how this picture is dark at the bottom and changes shades and colours the more it goes up and then it seems as if it goes back to normal. Like the water is copying the sky >_< Pretty neat effect. Also, love the ripples in the water and the docks (?) along the shore.

7) Not a big fan of the wall on the right there but the ripples and reflections in the water have a neat look.

8 ) This one is rather bright compared to the last water scenes. It looks rather cluttered on the shore there with all the houses and such. But again, I love the ripples and the way the powerpole looks squiggly in the water. (Do not have an obsession with water ripples).

Overall: Really neat pictures June! Most of what I said are just my personal opinions but I enjoyed viewing them. I know, not a helpful review but they're good. Good job!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:25 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

June! Thank you ever so much for providing a distraction from my AP homework! :D

1. Aww, so cute! A little blurry though, but I guess that's because of the zoom. Also, it's a little odd how her whole body isn't in the picture.

2. This picture, for some weird reason, gave me the creeps. It felt like this little old cottage in the woods where no one's lived for forever. And yes, I do have an overactive imagination.

3. Pretty! This on also has a creepy old-time feel to it, but the sunset makes it better. Also, I like the sort of layering effect the clouds have.

4. Nice... But I feel like you're trying to make the house the focal point of the picture, but the trees got in your way. I'm not really sure I like the angles here...

5. I like the lights in the background. Do I see a gas station? It seems out of place with all the trees, but in a good way. Gives a nice contrast.

6. How did you manage to get above the tree and the house and whatnot? I like it; it's a creative angle.

7. A little blurry, but nice reflections in the water.

8. Again, it's really blurry, and the old rotten-wood fence in the foreground takes away from it.

9. This one's better. I like how everything looks really light and kind of washed out. Like the sea ate it (again, Pen exhibits symptoms of oddness, xD ).

Good job, June. :D
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:42 am
chasingcolts21 says...

Hii, June, I'm reviewing your work. Don't kill me. -hides-

So...nice pictures. Pepper is cute and cuddly. Haha.

A few of the landscape pictures were a little blurry, so be careful. I know most photo editing programs have a blur tool.

I like how, in the boat ones, you capture the reflection. It's very nice.

The sunset is amazing, but it's peculiar how the bottom of the picture is dark.

I'm sorry, there wasn't much left to review here. Good job, you earned a star and a cookie. -gives them to her-

Bravo,
Colt
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:55 am
Linx says...

Hiya June! You tell me to review this, so I'm going to do it the best that I can. ^^

1. Your kitteh is so adorable! I love the shot, but it looks kinda fuzzy to me. If it was sharper and more focused, it might look better.

2. I love this picture because it was at a different angle than most people who take it.

3. I love how everything looks darkened but the sky. It looks beautiful that way. But if the building had been lightened up, too, it probably would look even better. Like, everything is dark besides the building (the main focus) and the setting sky.

4. I love this picture, but I wished there was more clutter and bushes in front of this view, because it looks really cool having the house just peek out through all the branches. Great angle!

5. I like this picture, but I feel like there is nothing that you are focusing on. It's just, there. Maybe if there was a little girl or man in the yard of that house, it would look better. But for me, it was like there was nothing to focus on.

omg, random smilie! :D

6. Again with this picture, I think it would work better if it was more clouded up. It's a good picture, but I think it would look even better with some more fog and stuffs.

7. I absolutely love this picture, and it's not only because I love the ocean and beach and stuff. It's a great picture shot at a great angle, in my opinion. And it's so pretty. It's like blue, then some brown and white in the middle, then more blue. I love it!

8. This is another great water picture, but I think it would have looked better if the houses and boats in the back would have been clearer and more focused.

9. I just love this picture. And it is probably because I love water too much. ^_^

So, gold star, darling!

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

I exist as I am, that is enough
— Walt Whitman