Her food reminds me of my moms cooking
However, her kiss reminds me of my dads saying

If you find the right one, hold on tight, because
Every other one will just be all right
Attachments
The things I do for Love.doc
Tell me what you think.
(24.5 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Together we stand and together we fall. So lets all unite and stand up with a helping hand and help each other out, because if one of us should fall, it is our duty as our neighbors keeper to help the person back up.
Thank You!!

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:53 am
Teague says...

Hey babyboymilky!

First of all, welcome to the site! My name is Saint. I'm a Fiction Moderator 'round here, so if you ever need anything in the Fiction forums, give me a holler!

Second of all, you MUST do two reviews for every one piece you post. This keeps the site in balance and ensures that everyone will get a critique. Not to mention a lot of people like to repay critiques by giving that person a critique back!

Third of all, it's not a really good idea to post your work as an attachment, with the exception of the Advanced Critiques forum -- how do we know you're not posting a virus? It's best to do it text-only. ;)

While I have your attention, be sure to check out the Site Rules & Regulations.

Welcome again, and I hope you have a good time!

-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:11 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

awwwwwwwww...i liked it.
"Hello, is this thing on?"

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:13 am
Sam says...

Hey, babyboymilky!

Welcome to YWS. ^_^ Make sure you do as Saint said and make some reviews--it's a bit daunting at first, but you'll find that they really help you improve.

The problem that I had with this poem was that I didn't get to know your thoughts and feelings as a person at all. I got the idea that someone was cheating, but I didn't quite know who, due to the fact that...well, it was quite confused. This was all because of the rhyming scheme. You've forced yourself into a rhyming scheme that you can't keep up with, and it shows, because you've augmented the lines to fit and...it doesn't.

My advice? When you're first starting out with poetry, avoid the rhyming. It's really hard to make work unless you really know your way around words.

With that said, you should probably scrap this poem. Sounds terrifying, but trust me, your next poem will be all the better. ^_^ Keep in mind to not use rhyme, and to let us understand your feelings as the narrator by using language effectively. If you haven't a clue how to do that, read some poetry to get yourself started.

Good luck!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:58 am
Incandescence says...

babyboymilky,

This is awful. S1 starts off with the stereotypical rhymes of love/dove and the subsequent narrative is almost embarrassing to see - cliché follows cliché until the end is reached.

The continual mismanagement of punctuation and spelling fits right in with the rest of this effort. Throw it away.

Best,
Brad
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:04 am
Snoink says...

My inner feminist inside of me is tempted to scream. This is such a shallow representation of a woman... especially of a beloved woman. It really doesn't say anything, just goes in a circle saying, "Oh, I'm in love, but I have an ex, but I don't really love her, but I sent her an email, but I love my girl because she has good cooking."

Er... okay.

So it's not really romantic and it's not really conflicted and it's not really... anything.

Focus! You need to figure out what you want to say and then say it. Don't just ramble on and say whatever rhymes. There's got to be a purpose in poetry, always.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:19 am
ink_on_fire says...

ewk. Lol, you have a funny perception of love...I'd hate it if someone I loved came up to me and gave me this. It'd be pretty freaky.

Because she is the one who has the key to my master glove

Whats that? It certainly does not sound romantic.

That why my girl and I never had sex involved

I think you meant thats. And that kinda sounds wrong...

I could go on but like Brad said, it's not worth it.

I hated this lol.
Even though she thinks, I am cheating
She is still a great woman in the kitchen

Uh uh.

Anyway, work on everything :)

Peace V
Smile - ur alive

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:38 pm
Fand says...

If a man I was involved with wrote this about me, I would kick him to the curb.

Save this sort of personal drama for your blog, dear. It does not in any way make compelling poetry. Though it could be at least not mind-numbing if you had any idea of how to write poetry. Line breaks and couplets a poem does not make!

Much, much better luck next time.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:50 am
Tag says...

Hey dude

You owe YWS four critiques for the two poems you've posted.

Also, this made me laugh. I'm not entirely sure if it was meant to be humerous or not though...

To be honest, I don't think you're a love writer, nor a poet. You should try crime writing, that's just a vague idea looking at your writing style.

Keep trying.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:12 am
Anonamuse says...

Nice job. But you might need a little more work, seems like it was a little forced, just a little. Don't stop writing, you can only get better as time goes by.
Apartment 37 where flying cell phones, and burnt frying pans are the norm.

"Tinks a disneyCENSOR"

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:28 am
arianamw@gmail.com says...

I think this is reeeeeaaaallllyyyy bad. I'm sorry but the language was awful and it seemed very sexist?

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:41 am
Areida says...

Hey babyboymilky!

It looks like you've already gotten some excellent feedback here, and I agree with most of it. Even as a non-poet (which, if you think about it, most of your audience - i.e. the world - is going to be), I can see that this is probably best dumped.

Learn from what the others have told you: don't try and conform to a rhyme scheme if you're just starting out, dig past the surface for original material, find your focus, avoid cliches/stereotypes, and unless you're trying to be sexist, either to prove a point, or to be ironic, or any other reason: don't. It's not attractive, it's not sympathetic, and it just plain doesn't work.

I know you've gotten a lot of harsh criticism, but don't think that means we all want you to give up. No, no, no - far from it. The fact that so many have stopped in to offer their suggestions should actually be a compliment to you, that they (A) cared enough to take their time to do so and (B) that it wasn't so awful they just gagged and hit "back." So take heart! I'm sure your future attempts will be better.

Don't give up! :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:36 am
Ailam Remard says...

She needs to be changed to she's in many sentences. Not very proper english. I myself wasn't a fan. I'm sorry.
Buh-Bye!

I cannot separate the aesthetic pleasure of seeing a butterfly and the scientific pleasure of knowing what it is.
— Vladmir Nabokov