z

Young Writers Society

Jurassis Park 2042

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:34 am
MadHatter says...

The original Jurassic Park storybook was a smash hit so I thought I try again.

PLOT
A religious activist group called the Dinsoaurians, or "Dino-freaks" as they were called by most people, waged war on the civilized world in 2010. They claimed that the re-creation of dinosaurs was proof that God wants the world to return to how it was in the beginning. So they have taken dinosaurs (Off the island the first SB took place on during the same time they were there) and released them into the world. The cloning accident we touched on in the first SB created an "army" of dinosaurs so large they populated North America completely by 2012. T-rex's ran rampant in the cities, feasting off it's inhabitants, Spinosaurs gorged themselves on the cattle and people of rural communities. It was devastation. But what came next was worse. After the initial attack of the dinosaurs, the Dinosaurians released the Super Raptors we talked about in the 1st SB. They soon killed off nearly every human in the vincinty of the the release zone. North America and South America were first, then Europe and Asia. Australia and Africa were last to go. By 2029 the entire world was ruled by the dinosaur once again. (Which is why no one came to rescue us in the first SB)

Nowadays, the remaining humans have become caveman-like. They live in "packs' and try to protect themselves. Some live in old skyscrapers, high above the reach of the T-rex. Others live deep underground. But all are menaced by the elite and evolved Super Raptor. All fear it's green coloration and it's posion spit.

Lately the humans have been wanting to take back there Earth. They don't know how, but they want to. But they do know that they have to ban together to free themselves from the "dinosaur slavery." 2042 will be the year the dinosaur menace will be done in.

RULES
-No God-Modding
-Please stay true to Jurassic Park. No aliens, mystical creatures, or anything other than humans.
-One or two characters, no more.
-Third person view please.
-Swearing is accepted, but keep it down
-Keep sex scenes down to a minimum of none! No sex scenes!
-Have fun
-Use profiles.

Name: Harvard Johns
Sex: Male
Appearance: Harvard has black hair and brown eyes. He wears what used to be a suit.
Personality: He is a leader. He wants to see his people survive and defeat the JP menace forever. He would die for his tribe. He is very passionate and prideful.
History: Harvard was, of course, named after the college. When the T-Rex attack on New York struck, Harvard was heading to a meeting which is why he wears a suit. Along his face runs a scar the he got from a raptor attack.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:24 am
BigBadBear says...

Awesome. Loved the last one, I'll love this one.

Name: James Rowling

Appearance: Tall, dark and deep black hair. Blue eyes.

Personality: Quiet. He almost never speaks, but will when he has to voice his opinion. He will follow a true leader and make no complaints. He is very strong, and knows how to use guns or any other weapons.

History: Lived in a New York apartment with his finance. When the T-rex attacked, she was killed and he was left in rubble. Doctors managed to bring him back.

Awesome! When do we begin?
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

141 Reviews

Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:27 am
MadHatter says...

*Now if we want. I personally want more people to join before we start but if you want too, go ahead.*
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:01 am
piepiemann22 says...

(I'm in)

Name- John Rivers

Age- 19

Appearance- http://kanyel.deviantart.com/art/The-Co ... t-50301195

Personality- Optimistic and out going. He still believes there is a god to save them and that he needs to do his part. He is always ready to do his part and put forth all he has. He can sometimes be reckless and that gets him in trouble many times over.

History- Was born during the JP era. His parents are now dead and has found refuge in New York City. He lives with James and Harvard trying to fix the problem.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

141 Reviews

Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:17 am
MadHatter says...

Harvard slowly crept in the weeds near the wounded raptor. Just moments before his tribe had hit the beast over five times with poison drenched spears. A few still stuck out of the dying dinosaur, looking like large spines. It called for help, but help would not come. It forgot it was in T-Rex territory, a good mile away from the pack, and dying. Soon it would be their meal. "Commander." He heard Johnson whisper over the COM-link.

"What?"

"Do we move in?"

"Not yet. Wait for the opportune moment-" A large roar broke the silence. Oh my god. It was a Rex. The large creature flew around the corner of the building. It crashed into the wall of a skyscraper, but straightened it's self back out and charged. "ABORT ABORT THE MISSION!" The tribe all took off for safety. Harvard looked back just in time to see the wounded raptor get devoured by the Rex. It was a very gruesome.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:18 am
Via says...

Yea...you guys definitely need some females up in herre. :)

Name: Keeryn Tisuma

Appearance: http://a387.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/54/l_88d578d2ff0d85d9a89c5eea0597b13a.jpg

Personality: Very out-going but still very sympathetic. Not afraid to try new things. I little reserved to get too close to people.

History: Keeryn is from Kenya, Africa and was on a cruise with her family to the Carribean when their boat veered off course and ended up in Manhatten. The ship was then attacked, leaving no survivors but herself and her 5 year old nephew, Meeka, that she knows of (not saying there for sure were none). Since then they have been living on the 'streets', more like underground in the subways, with a few others.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

141 Reviews

Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:31 pm
MadHatter says...

Harvard and his men were not having a good day. The Rex obiviously was very hungry today. After devouring a raptor, three men, a dog, and a passing triceratops, the damn thing would not leave them alone. It constantly menaced them, stalking them like a cat would too mice. And it just so happened this Rex was special. It was the first Rex ever introduced into modern society. After years of living with dinosaurs, Harvard had had his fair share of Rex expierences. And he had seen this one before. It was the one that had devoured his entire office, including his pregnant wife. "Men, get the guns. Instead of running today, we take it down."

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:34 pm
piepiemann22 says...

John watched as their raptor was devoured by the Rex. He sighed, "We can never get a break can we. Our technology is very limited at this point, so we went through all of the trouble to bring it down by hand and look."

Harvard placed his hand on his shoulder, "It's okay, take it down. It has harassed us for the last time."

He made his way with the rest. James was at his side and they looked at each other. John smiled and James just shook his head and pressed forward, "What's wrong with him?"

Harvard looked back, at James, and at John again, "It's not easy losing a loved one. Some people take it harder than others."

"Maybe, but if we succeed.."

Harvard cut him off, "Lets stay quiet till we get back."

John sighed as they continued on. He reached the place where they had left the equipment and took his own weapon, "Lets go."
I will always fight back, no matter what.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:12 am
RoryLegend says...

hmm sounds cool

Name. Reese Dunn
Age. 19
Appearance. Long blonde hair, usually pulled back when she is nervous or thinking, deep blue eyes, slender but muscular build, tan complextion, scar across her collar bone.
Personality. meek, timid, would like to think she could be the one out in all the action but really isn't, relys on John, James, and Harvard for protection most times, is very affraid of the dinosaurs and angry at the people who did all of this, usually quite, untrusting but very trustworthy.
History. She got a nasty bump on the head and can only remember bits and pieces of her past.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

141 Reviews

Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:51 pm
MadHatter says...

Harvard looked at the meager amounts of ammo gathered before him. They had only a few rounds left for the bigger and much more needed weapons. The pistol ammunition stock was great. No suprise. The pistols did little damage to the dinosaurs they used them on. They would penatrate the skin, but do little else. That's why they relied on spears and other sharp objects.

"Get those big guns ready. As soon as you see it's disgusting blood covered face, you unload unto that bitch." Their plan was simple. They would use the carcus of a hardasaur to lure the Rex into the valley once there the men at the guns would shot the massive creature as much as possible. Once it was weak enough, other men would go close and throw the poison tipped spears. There was much room for fault, but none of that matter right now. As long as that Rex was dead, they were happy.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:39 pm
Via says...

Keeryn, Meeka, and a few others stood below the citystreets just at the bottom of the stairwell to the subway. There was a small fire going in a garbage can and a few scraps of garbage lying around that had obviously had food in them at one time. The group stood just underneath the ledge where they could quickly turn and escape a possible attack, but also not be completely cut off from the world.

Keeryn took a seat on the bottom step, Meeka immediately taking one on her lap, and they looked up to the sky for a moment together. It seemed like a beautiful day out. The wind was blowing, the sun was shining--but Keeryn knew if she were to travel up the stairwell and look around she would have a different view of things.

Meeka fiddled with his shoestrings while people mosied around them. They had been here quite sometime and had yet to really meet anyone. It wasn't really a "social" crowd--more of a "stay alive" crowd. A few people here and there had become somewhat friends to Keeryn and Meeka, but mostly they helped each other survive without words. Meeka, especially, had been quite since the wreck. But, Keeryn didn't blame him nor did she force him to speak. They had both lost everything on that ship: she her parents and siblings, and he his parents and grandparents. Keeryn understood his want to disconnect from the world--she felt it too. Meeka would not go anywhere without Keeryn now, always had to be touching her to feel safe. If you asked her, Keeryn would probably say it drove her nuts...but really it made her feel safe too.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

141 Reviews

Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:22 pm
MadHatter says...

"FIRE!" Harvard screamed as the large beast charged them, roaring triumphantly as it approached it's prey. But all of that changed once the bullets made contact with it's legs. The rex bellowed as millions of rounds poured into his body, felling him at once. The earth shook as it's massive body hit the ground. Blood poured from the wounds, covering the Rex and ground. It tried to get up, but fell over, slipping on the blood. "Begin poisoning." The men slowly moved in, spears in hand. Harvard was among them. As soon as they got to a reasonable range the men threw their spears. They wizzed through the air, slicing into the side of the Tyrannosaurus. It howled as one pierced it's backbone.

It's all going so perfectly, Harvard thought to himself. Any minute now the poison would begin to act and the Rex would quickly die. "AIII!" Harvard spun around to face the noise.

"My god..." A pack of Super-Raptors flew through the bushes, dragging a man behind him. One of his legs was missing and blood gushed out of his slashed chest. Harvard could tell he had only moments to live. They would not have to worry about him. "Change of targets. Get those super-raptors down!"

114 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:15 am
RoryLegend says...

Reese:

I was sitting on a ripped chair with my knees pulled up to my chest. My hands were skaing but they did that a lot these days. I hated it when the boys went out and left me all alone. I was so afraid of being attacked by one of the dinos. I would sit here and wait until they were all back, not moving, not making noise, not really feeling okay.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

141 Reviews

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:08 am
MadHatter says...

Harvard sat in his room in the Fortress (A fortiefied Empire State Building), his leg bloody and torn. Just hours before nearly the entire hunting party had been slaughtered by the Super Raptors. Those things were smart. They had tricked the fleeing humans into a valley in which the raptors could kill them easier. It had been a miracle that he had escaped.

"Harvard?" Doctor Pruitt walked in.

"Yes."

"I have some...uh...news. The Dino-freaks are at it again."

"What the heck are you talking about?" Harvard half sobbed, the pain of having his men slaughtered finally setting in.

"It seems they've...um...transformed themselves into half-dinosaur half-men. We just got a message from them."

114 Reviews

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:08 am
RoryLegend says...

reese-

I was getting tired of losing people. So many people I had known were dead because of the recent attack. The boys were back safe but my stomachs was still in knots. "half-dinosaur men" I heard someone mutter to Harvard. That did not help my stomach at all.

-Benjamin Mee

Bananas
— looseleaf