Looming like the darkness,
Over hill, or tree -
Knoll and lane.

Shadows bowing,
Stretching and winding
Like that road we walked;
Memory lane?
Or just a coincidence?
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:59 pm
PenguinAttack says...

Heys LizzyG. It took me a few reads but I think I like this. ^.^ Actually, I know I do. It's a little quirky and you have a level of description that just makes me imagine the scene. Lovely.

I would suggest the use of "or" in the fifth line of the first stanza. It fits in a little better with the line before it and give a further idea of the blurred line between the memory and the coincidence.

Mmm, indeed, I like this, shot and to the point but thoughtful and a little cryptic; some of my favourite things. Keep up the good work. ^.^

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:32 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

I like this! It's short and simple. A very 'cute' poem if I may say so. Nothing negative to say really... great job!

~Yoyo 8)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:59 pm
Cold And Broken Halleluja says...

Very good -I love the 'cranberry splashes' part. I'd have to say it's real descriptive. Lovely! ^.^

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:27 am
MischiefMaker says...

I liked the imagery in this; you did a real good job.

The rhythm worked with the flow so that the whole thing worked together; I like how it was so short and sweet.

:)
Newton Faulker;
I see you as a mountain, a fountain of God
I see you as a descant soul in the setting sun
You as the sound of desire, of this love
I’m gone

Reviews: 1
Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:29 am
Lethe says...

I like it!

Its interesting how you made it give off a kind of vague or cryptic (Like PenguinAttack said) feeling even with the sharp imagery which is some thing I've always tried to do in the past.
(I don’t know if that made any sense to any one but me)

Anyway, enough embarrassing myself. I can't give any constructive criticism but I guess its always nice to know that some one likes your poem. ;D

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:51 am
Flemzo says...

It was... short. I'm still not sure if that's good or bad. It's good, because it's not a lot to read (which is great for my short attention span), but it's also bad, because with a poem this short, you really have to strain to fit your meaning into as few words as possible, and you run the risk of being too vague. This is borderline "too vauge"; I read through it a couple of times and still haven't found what you were trying to say, but I'm also kind of dumb, so it might be obvious for someone else.

To start off, "Cranberry splashes" was a great line. I'm not quite sure on the use of "lane" in the last line of stanza one, since you use it again in the second stanza. Maybe "alley" or something to that effect?

"Shadows bowing" in the second stanza kind of screws me up, because i'm now sure if they're "BOH-ing" or "BAU-ing". If it's the latter, then maybe "bending" would be a better word choice (again, I'm kind of dumb, so leave it if you must). Also, do shadows really wind? I don't think I've seen a winding shadow before. Your semi colon in the third line seems out of place. I'd go with a colon, since "Like that road we walked" leads into "Memory lane".

Overall, this was okay. I'm still lost at the meaning you're trying to convey, but maybe it'll come to me tonight in the shower. Great job.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:51 am
MadHatter says...

It was short, sweet, and to the point, plus it was good. I think you conveyed your point fairly well in such a short poem. I did find it a little too short to understand it on the first read, but after about two times it made sense. I hope you continue writing poetry.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:38 am
chocoholic says...

I liked it. It was short, but your descriptions are nice and the ending is deep. Good job.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

It's crazy how your life can be twisted upside down inside out and around and you can get sushi from safeway still looking like a normal person
— starchild314