Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Commas (SPCC)

Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Commas (SPCC)

Because commas have feelings too.

  • 1 forum topic
  • 21 wall posts
  • Created Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:18 pm

← Back to Forum

The Oxford Comma

4 posts in this topic.

  1. I went to the store and bought cheese, milk, and cookies?

    or

    I went to the store and bought cheese, milk and cookies?

    Discuss.
  2. First. It just sounds better.
  3. First! Strunk and White said so.
  4. Yay! Two in agreement means I don't have to go into my rant about why that comma is absolutely necessary! (Why, yes, I am a grammar nerd.)


I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings