z

Young Writers Society



arrow

by soundofmind


listen to the song here (best recording I could get at the moment)


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 171
Reviews: 5

Donate
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:32 pm
emjaccrn wrote a review...



Firstly, I want to say the melody of this is perfect, especially with your voice. It's very dark, but not overly dramatic. I love it and it's so calming.
Secondly, I love the lyrics. The rhyme scheme is unusual, but it goes so well. I love it so much.
The metaphors are amazing and you used great figurative language!
Thirdly, I usually like doing critiques so it's not just generic, but I'm not able to think of something I'd say you need to do better. I love this!




User avatar
49 Reviews


Points: 29
Reviews: 49

Donate
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:16 pm
View Likes
lelu says...



Brilliant. This really works in ways my songs seem to not. Very cool. I just realized all my good descriptive words seem boring. Anyway, I like your song.




soundofmind says...


haha, no worries. Thank you so much for your kind words!!



User avatar
107 Reviews


Points: 402
Reviews: 107

Donate
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:21 pm
View Likes
Persistence says...



My name is Oliver Queen. For five years I was stranded on an island with only one goal: survive. Now, I will fulfill my father's dying wish: to use the list of names he left me, and bring down those who are poisoning my city. To do this, I must become someone else. I must become something else.




soundofmind says...


lololol omg (it%u2019s been a while since I saw the show lol)



User avatar


Points: 61
Reviews: 1

Donate
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:29 am
View Likes
scaredycat93 wrote a review...



I love how the lyrics contrast with the melody and overall tone of the music. The lyrics are poignant and sharp and dare I say piercing, but the melody is soft spoken and beautiful and it works so well.

I personally love the first three stanzas and I feel the introduction of "him" toward the end takes away from the feeling of "I will pierce the storm". Is this song about independence or about turning to another lover?




soundofmind says...


Thank you for your review! The song is pretty open to interpretation haha



User avatar
147 Reviews


Points: 10085
Reviews: 147

Donate
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:12 am
View Likes
Carina says...



b00tiful like usual




soundofmind says...


why thank u carina




When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio