Imagine a Day in Secret

by soundofmind

Listen here.

Imagine a day in secret
Where you're spending all your time
And nobody follows and nobody falls behind

Imagine a day when someone
Approaches, and reads your mind
And you get along quite nicely
In the meantime

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:21 am
Casanova wrote a review...

Heya, Soundofmind! Casanova here to do a review as promised!

Anyway, let's talk about flow and punctuation. In the first stanza/verse thing(I forget what to call a set of lines in lyrics) in the last line. To format it with the recording that you have of this, I would suggest placing a comma right after,"follows," as I think that might flow better for you. Anyway, onward.

Imagine a day in secret
Where you're spending all your time

I feel like you could add more between the second line and the third line. There seems to be no connection besides,"a day," and I think it would be a good thing to expand on that a little. I know lyrics aren't the same as poetry(hey, I write both), but I would still like to see a little bit more description within the lines to add a little bit of spice to it. Anyway, onward.

The second lines are really good, but like the first set, I would like to see more description. Or, well, more story telling. What I mean is, you end it with,"in the meantime." In the meantime of what? Of the day? In the meantime means you're usually waiting on something, so what are you waiting on? Is it something important? Is it something good or bad? Is it someone? I would like to know exactly what I was hearing, and what it was about. I think that it would be a good thing to know.

Anyway, I think you have a very short, yet interesting, set of lyrics here that I would love to see expanded on. Write more and add to it, describe, let us know the full story, and yes, please show us the recording of the finished product.

Also, as a side note, I love how SOUNDofmind used SOUNDcloud. To me, that was genius.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on this one and I hope it helped.

Keep on doing what you're doing, and keep on keeping on.

Sincerely, Matthew Casanova Aaron

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:07 am
CocoaCat wrote a review...

Sup, soundofmind! It's your girl, Caitlin; coming at you!
Now, usually, I'm reviewing in order to stock up on points that I most likely will never use, but right now I'm all compliments.
This was a beautiful piece, that's probably why it's in the literary spotlight. You are really good at writing, keep it up!
That's a wrap (this was painstakingly short and probably choppy), peace out fellow writers!

soundofmind says...

Thank you so much! Can I ask what you liked about it? What did you find beautiful specifically? I'm just curious, and would like to hear your thoughts in more depth!

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:18 am

This review isn't going to be super long, but I hope I can help you either way. To start off, I really like this! The message is really sweet and nice, and I appreciate a happy song. There's so much negativity in the world right now, that I really enjoy a brighter meaning.

One thing that I notice in this is that I'd kind of like seeing this in a longer form - you could talk about becoming better friends, or something about happiness and such. It's at a sweetlength right now, but I feel like you could really go places with this poem of you added more.

Another thing I'll say is that I don't really think every line needs to be capitalized. I don't know if you wrote this on purpose, which is perfectly fine, but if you didn't mean to, then I'll say that I don't think it's necessary. All capitalized letters don't bring anything extra to this poem.

And you sound really good! I like how you left a recording to listen to. That's really cool and nice of you!

Overall. I really like this poem, and I hope I understood it correctly. Besides that, I don't really see anything bad about this - it's short and sweet. Thanks for the burst of niceness! Good luck with future writing and I hope you have a lovely day! I hope this helped a little!

soundofmind says...

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you liked it! :)

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:55 am
veeren says...

that was <3

soundofmind says...

aa thank you so much :,)

"Yesterday you said tomorrow, so JUST DO IT."
— Shia Labeouf