Operation: Ugly Girls

by panic at the rodeo

Operation: Ugly Girls

By: Samantha Walters

Wednesday, October 10th

My second official day of being grounded for life (and yes, I am counting). No phone, no TV, no fun. I think that’s all parents ever do; take away our fun.

Wednesday laying in my bed after school

My life is so boring. What the heck are you supposed to do when you’re grounded? It’s not like I’m going to clean or work or something like that...

Five Minutes Later

Painted my toenails, not that you’ll ever get to see them when I wear my knee-high boots...

Thursday, October 11th

Oh Gawd!!! I am happier than a squirrel on drugs that just found her secret stash of acorns! My crazy mother decided to un-ground me. About time.

Rang Anni. Argued over whether green or red went better with black. Anni said she’d be over in five.

Thursday afternoon in my room

Pushed Anni up the stairs again. Laughed. I am such a terribly great friend... Teach her to wear green and black into my house. Without me, she’d get nowhere, especially up the stairs.

Anni sat on my bed reading a Rolling Stones Magazine while I messed with my hair.

“You are so lucky you’re un-grounded.”

“ Why?”

“ Because now we can commence operation dress like preps for a day.”

“ You named it operation dress like preps for a day?”

“Yeah.”

“Lame.”

“Well... It’s the truth. That’s what we are going to do!”

“Yeah, but you’re supposed to give it a really cool name like... Operation Ugly Girls.”

“Ugly girls?”

“ Well, yeah! Preps are so freaking ugly!”

“ They are?”

I rolled my eyes, groaned and laid across Anni’s legs on my bed. Eventually, Anni had to leave and I got my bed to myself. I snoozed almost instantly.

Friday, October 12th

Probably has to be the craziest thing I have done to date. Outside of when I ended up getting grounded for life. That was definently crazier. I wore a blue and white striped skirt, white heels, and a little black tank top to school today. I pulled my long black hair back into a ponytail and wore brown eyeliner. Anni made me take off the black lipstick as soon as I got to school. I almost cried.

About mid-biology class I got passed a note from one of the jocks... CREEPY!!!! I didn’t expect what happened to happen... He told me I was hot and I freaked! This was supposed to be Operation Ugly Girls! Told Anni what he said and when she saw me freak out she just rolled her eyes at me. I am never EVER doing this again!

Friday @ Home

I am re-grounded because my mother says she never wants to see me dressed like a “Prostitute” again. Life is not my friend.[pre]

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

First Impression: So this one was a pretty funny little short that you've got here. Its certainly got some really fun elements to it and I like how silly it is in some points which again adds pretty well to the overall humor of the whole thing.

That is pretty extreme statement to start things on but it is definitely right on par with usual teenage feeling so points for an accurate depiction there.

Wednesday laying in my bed after school

Five Minutes Later

Interesting description that you chose there but it does showcase some things about here character so that's a good thing.

Well that is a very interesting description that you had the protagonist give herself. It is definitely lending itself well to really showing off what kind of character she is so at least that is definitely a plus point here.

“Ugly girls?”

Honestly neither of those titles sound all that cool but I guess that's just my opinion.

Well it certainly is a pretty good description that you have here. Its very easy to picture what went on there/

I am re-grounded because my mother says she never wants to see me dressed like a “Prostitute” again. Life is not my friend.

Well that was kind of a predictable ending that's for sure but it is a pretty fun little short that you have here.

Overall: Overall it was a fun little story to read and I think you've got some great descriptions sprinkled in there along with some fairly realistic sounding dialogue and thoughts for the age of the characters you are bringing to life. Good Job!!

alwaysawriter wrote a review...

That is something one of my friends would do; I'd be the one convincing and begging her not to. Anyway, I liked the story. I had trouble finding what day began, though, so maybe you could try doing this:

Wednesday laying in my bed after school

or

Wednesday laying in my bed after school

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.
— Oscar Wilde