tomorrow is the day ... finally

by localcreation

Well, in less than 24 hours I'll be roaming the halls of Pennsbury high school once again with a little more confidence in my step and a good outlook on this year's outcome. I think that the Juniors and Seniors are getting a half day and, if so, um ... woot! I'll probably go to smoker's corner and see if anyone else is there because I miss everyone so much and will probably need a cigarette. :) And, if not, then ... well ... woot anyway. One, because I'll get to see more people but two (more importantly) I'll get to see my classes and see what I have.

Shopping today was a lot more fun and a lot easier than I thought it would be. I got a lot done and even purchased a voice recorder to help take notes. I hope I don't have any of the same teachers that I had last year, though. Maybe Mr. Myres would be cool but, seriously. Mr. Hawk? Mr. Short? Come on people. I didn't know a school could be so desperate for teachers. Well, Mr. Short was pretty cool and a good teacher. He just wasn't very ... warm. Teachers are supposed to be able to connect with their students and, um, he did anything but connect. He disconnected. He disconnected so much that jumping out the window wouldn't have been far enough from us.

I hope that at least one of my teachers this year has the emotional capacity of a dog.

If you can't get out of your comfort zone, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't make things quick and easy to feel better short term. Make a change and then you'll feel better longer term.
— Frinderman