these things I'll never say

by localcreation

There are certain people you just keep coming back to. I feel that you are one of those people. I fear I will never stand up to you for the things you do to me and the people I love. But sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same. You tear people down and, when you do so, all they can see are your flaws and your mistakes. You like the idea of being stripped down to your cold, hard past and having people reveal you for who you really are? You think it's cool to be a bad ass and treat people like shit and act like a 4-year-old? Well how does it feel now? Not so good, I'm guessing. When will you realize how many people you've hurt and find that you have no heart and don't care that you've put a dent in their love for you. Not everyone will always be there for you and if you continue going down this past, you will find yourself more empty and more alone than you've ever been. You steal, you cheat, you lie and what do you get out of it? Nothing; that's what you get. I love you but I won't let you treat me like your own personal shit bag forever. One of these days. I gave you my love and guidance and, now how you've repayed me, denied me, and betrayed me. Pretended you loved me so that I would do things for you; clever trick. I yearn for you to look at me and see more than what you see now. I yearn for you to see a friend, someone you truly love. But, alas, I fear I will never see that in your eyes. You say you want to be just like her, pray to wake up one day and be her clone. But have you ever taken a look at her face, into her eyes. She's in pain and she's been like this for years. She stripped because she had to, did drugs to cure the pain if only for a moment. She is hurting. Is that what you wish and pray for? Endless pain and self-loathing. Your life is a broken cord that is permanately shy from the guitar, it will never be fixed unless you start putting the peices of your life back together now.

When the lights all went out, we watched our lives on the screen. I hate the ending, myself, but it started with an alright scene. It was the roar of the crowd that gave me heartache, it was a lie when they smiled and said you won't feel a thing. Will it matter after I'm gone because you don't act like it will. You're just a sad song about a boy who was never satisfied with the life he had so he embelished it with lies and hate. The same boy who would sleep around, do drugs, and then still find time in his life to take from his friends and fight with his parents all night long. I'm just waiting to get the call, waiting for another hospital stay. I'm waiting for them to take you away. This never meant anything to you.

You'll be pleading for your life in the end when you've taken too many pills or have done too much acid. Fate won't be quite as forgiving. I know that I can't make you stay or change but where's your heart?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry and I don't know whether you'll live or die.

Can you imagine feeling all calm and then your fingers get numb. "What is the season", "where are we at", and "what is my name again"? Trees start shinking, turning once normal plants into only roots and soon back into seeds. Different colored clouds coming at you from all directions, now you're freaking. Your toes are numb now, you body is shaking. This shit is crazy. Why do you crave for a bad trip just so that you can tell people that you were "so fucked"?

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
— Martin Luther King Jr.