Stephanie

by localcreation

I love you. I always have. You are my world. My existence depends on each breath you take and every smile you show. I don't think I could live without you. You are the only person who tells me like it is. I'm nothing and I know this. I need you to remind me. Call me every day just to scream it through the phone at me. Scream it until you can't even whisper anymore. Let it out; tell me who I am. Tell me who I am not. Hands reach out from all directions to try and save me from your honesty. Hit them away and save me from a life of lies. Call me every morning to wake me and remind me that every day that I live, every second I exist, every step I take is a waste of precious oxygen that someone else more important could be breathing. But, do me one favor; don't tell me that one little lie that you love to torture me with. Those three words that you say over and over again every time we talk, after you finish telling me how worthless I am. Don't lie and pretend that you mean it because I fall for it every time and I believe those words you spill from your hating eyes. You despise what you see when you look at me and don't try to cover it up. Don't try to say "I love you". That's my job.

"Be yourself" is not advice. It's an existential crisis waiting to happen.
— Hank Green