Home » Literary works » Other » Lyrical

Have a heart

by arianaSarroyo

Have a heart

Reach out to someone in need

Have a heart

You don't have to live a life controlled by greed

Cast your cares away and have a listen

Take a moment aside and have a heart

Imagine yourself in someone else's condition

You may not have all the answers

You can still question why

Just have a heart

Don't sit by and let anybody else's die.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:36 am
Vivian wrote a review...

Is it wrong that I think this poem is kind of funny?...

Hey Ari, Vivian here on your request. I liked the poem from the first stanza and the name. But it did not live up to my expectation, oh well I didn't really pay attention to what I was expecting anyways. ;p Also I liked the rhyming and the words that were lighter than the rest of the poem. Oh and I've started following you, Thank You for following me! ^O^

No, it's not wrong. I'm just curious as to how you thought this was funny :-( It definitely did not intend for you to take it as a joke :-(

Vivian says...

Oh no that's not it I just tend to laugh a lot. I'm the type of person that's always having too much fun. Plus I like rhymes and their always funny to me. Reminds me of the silly stuff from Dr. Suess. It's not your fault :l I'm sorry.

Oh okay... :)

lyricalrebel says...

Hi, lyricalrebel here to review your work entitled "Have a Heart"
The message of your poem is obvious and good-natured which is beautiful. You have conveyed the calm emotion gently and your poem is to reach out to everyone. The flow of your poem is good.
"Cast your cares away and have a listen"
These lines bothered me actually. Have a listen is not correct, it would go properly if you removed "have a" and just quick with "and listen"
Someone else's is wrong. The right word is someone else.
Use punctuation marks, too like full stops or commas.
All in all, your poem sounds good. Keep it up! Cheer

lyricalrebel wrote a review...

Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:29 am
NightWalker wrote a review...

Hi there,arianaSarroyo,here I am to make my review on your poem.

I like the theme of the poem which shows the importance of the heart in people's lives.Not been covered by greed but are willing to share with each other for a balanced/meaningful life.

#Have a heart

Reach out to someone in need

Have a heart

You don't have to live a life controlled by greed--It is a very beautiful lines which have a deep meaning in it,also enable to convince the reader how importance of love to those in need.

#Just have a heart

Don't sit by and let anybody else's die.--I love the ending of the poem which called us not just looking at their misery , but to help them immediately.
Overall,there is something strong idea inside of your poem.The tone of voice is not too pushy, but enough to alert the reader to take a lesson from here.
Good job and keep writing here in YWS.
Thank you,cheer
~NightWalker.

Act in the valley so that you need not fear those who stand on the hill.
— Danish proverb