Forevermore part 1 + 2

by ZJmarr

'kay, I wrote this a year ago, during my summer vacation, on my 1995 Packard bell. I'm working on getting the third chapter transferred onto my laptop, and thinking about what I should do for my fourth. The large space midway through the story is a chapter break. There are only really 2 main characters that I switch between, but I'm not very far with this one yet. The setting is Kobe, Japan. It also has some japanese words in there.

Definitions/proununciation:

Inukabaka = Ee-new-kah-bah-kah

Seisho = Seh-show

Saikuron = Sigh-koo-rown

Mushi-mushi = moo-she -> basically, it's a greeting. like, when you pick up a phone, you say, "hello"

Xavior = ex-ay-vi-or -> that's Travy's first name, but I use a different version of his middle name when I refer to him.

Ryou = Ree-oh -> that's Travy's brother

She could still hear the shaking of her brother’s voice telling her about that dreadful day. She was at school. Her parents were at their small apartment. They were fighting again, and her brother was in the room he and she shared, trying to ignore them. They roared at each other, getting louder and louder than the other had been. Until finally, her drunken, smoking father snapped, and threw a knife at her mother. Her brother said that he heard the thud of the knife into her mother and the blood spatter on the walls… The phone was in the room and he called the police. Soon after, they dragged the murderer away, to jail.

She shook herself back to reality and tried hard to concentrate on the day’s lesson in mathematics. But she couldn’t. The teacher droned on and on, without any emotions whatsoever. The grim words stuck into her mind. He finished up the lesson and gave the days’ homework to the twenty students in her class. All of them, cruel, ignorant, and demonic towards her. Not one of them, or anyone in Japan, were her friends. She only had her spoiled, evil little brother, Jakonn. He was going to live with his friend Damean, but Damean’s mother wouldn’t allow her to stay there, too. She had to find a different place to stay.

True, once she did have a friend. A real friend, at that. She had lost him though… She has never been able to keep a straight face thinking about that accident that happened four months ago… Her friend, and love, Shawn, had died in a car crash… His parents survived, but he died upon impact. She had no one in the whole world to understand her. Not one person. All alone…

Math was the last class. She was done with school for the day. She left her suitcase in her locker and took her backpack with her. She left the school and headed for the cemetery. To Shawn’s grave…

She stood before it, unable to show how sad she was. She re-read the gravestone again…

Here lies Shawn James Inukabaka,

Killed in a tragic car accident

Born: March 13th, 1990

Died: July 20th, 2007

Below this, was a picture of a clover on a necklace. A replica of a necklace he wore day and night. It was with him…She reached up and put her hand on the wolf charm on her necklace with sapphire blue beads. Shawn had bought it and given it to her for her birthday on the 8th of July that year.

She quietly sang the only English song she knew, the song Shawn had taught her when he left back for America 3 years before he had died…

“I miss your smile,

I miss your kiss.

I miss your arms,

I miss your bliss.

I miss your warmth,

I miss your love.

And now you’re gone,

Forevermore…”

While she sang, tears rolled down her cheeks. She whispered quietly to the grave, “Why’d you have to leave me? …I have no home now…No love…No pets… Nobody… and… my name… you adored it, too… Seisho… Saikuron…”

(Author: next chapter. told by another character)

Travy shook off the wave of fan girls. He hated them. He hated being popular, yet loved being special. He wanted to do something unbelievable that’ll make them disappear and leave him to peace. He headed home, to practically a village on the outskirts of the city. His family’s home. Every single branch of family were there; aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, second cousins, siblings, parents, and he himself.

He continued walking and as normal, he looked around at the cemetery. For no reason at all.

He stopped dead in his tracks.

A girl, about his age, was standing there. He had never noticed her at school, but he knew she was there. Her fiery red hair stuck out like a sore thumb. Something… dripped off of her face, and silently fell to the ground… a tear…

He put his backpack down, and jumped over the fence, which was quite high in the first place. He went up to her, not even sure what to say to her in the first place.

My pet peeve… is seeing girls cry… the ones I don’t know, at least…

“Are you okay…?” he softly questioned.

She literally jumped, surprised that he was there. I guess it’s my wolf-like stealth…

“Wh-where did you come from?” she stammered.

He said with confidence yet softly, “I was walking home and I saw you here… cry-”

“Just leave me alone… like everyone else…” she said rudely.

“Why aren’t you at your house, with your family?” he asked.

She whipped her face and glared at him, with her shining emerald green eyes.

“My home? What home? What family?” she spoke with anger cracking in her voice.

“Oh… sorry I brought it up… sorry I bothered you…”

She snorted and looked away.

There’s something different about this girl… Almost…

He shook his head, declining that she would be a messenger.

Only every other generation is a messenger… and they’re always boys… young boys… like me… but still…

He took out his cell phone and took a few steps away from the girl, out of earshot. He pressed speed-dial 7, and waited listening to the dial tone.

A man answered, with a shaky voice, “Mushi-mushi?”

“Mushi-mushi, Grandfather.” He answered back.

“Ah, Xavior. What can I do for you?”

“I have a question for you...”

“Go ahead, I’m all years.”

“Can a young girl be a messenger?”

There was a long silence on the other line.

“Impossible. Why did you ask when you know the answer to that, my boy?” the man answered finally.

“Well, I was thinking of the old legend… that and there’s this girl… she just has a different aura than all the others… almost like one of us…” he trailed off.

“Hmm……. That legend? Yes, now that you mention it, then this girl you speak of might be her. Why don’t you bring her here. Then we’ll find out.”

“She’s also got nowhere to go to. From what I understand, she has no home… Do you think Grandmother will allow her to stay with me? We still have that extra room from when Ryou moved out and into his own place.”

“I’d have to ask her… Ah, what timing! Hold on a moment.”

He waited a few minutes for his grandfather to answer. He looked back at the girl, who was still there. The same place she had been when he had turned to call his grandfather.

His grandfather spoke onto the phone again, “She said that we’d need to get a mattress first, since Ryou took the mattress with him. I may have an extra one… I’ll get your father to bring the mattress over. Let her get relaxed first, then bring her to me.”

“Oh, one more thing.”

“Yes?”

“From what I gathered, she’s alone, scared, and isn’t very social right now… You have any advice with how to go about this?”

“You could hug her.”

“Grandfather!” he yelled. Kind of softly.

“Oh alright. You could just grab her hand and lead her here, and hope that she’ll follow. Either that, or take her by the hand gently and tell her that you have arranged a place for her to stay, and that you would escort her there is she would wish so.”

“I’m not-”

“You asked me and I gave you my own advice.” His grandfather said sternly.

“Alright, grandfather…” He said with a sigh, “See you later then…”

If you don't know it's impossible it's easier to do. And because nobody's done it before, they haven't made up rules to stop anyone doing that again, yet.
— Neil Gaiman