To us, for better and always better.

by Youbeaucupid

It's officially 12:00, April 10th 2024.

Happy birthday, dear future/present me. This is a letter to my future self, a reminder of who I was and who I am.

I know that life might be throwing us some curveballs right now, but I want us to remember something: things always get better. Yeah, life can be a rollercoaster, full of ups and downs, twists and turns, but it's all part of the ride.

Our anger? It's our friend, not who we are. It's okay to be angry, upset, or sad. Remember, it's just an emotion, and we're allowed to feel it, no matter who says otherwise. we're human, and emotions are part of the deal.

And hey, there are going to be days when we feel like it's all just too much. Days when we wonder if it's even worth it, if maybe it would be easier to just disappear. But listen to me, there's a calm after the storm. Every time. we've weathered storms before, and we'll weather all that come after.

So, as we celebrate another trip around the sun, I want us to hold onto hope. Hope for better days ahead, hope for new beginnings, hope for all the amazing things, places, and people that await us. Because no matter how tough things may seem right now, there's always a silver lining waiting to be found.

Keep your chin up, keep pushing forward, and never forget that we're capable of achieving greatness. We've got this, Cupid. Believe in us, and remember that I'm cheering you on every step of the way.

Happy birthday, my dear self. Here's to the end of me, and the starts of you.

With all my love, Cupid. Past, present, and future.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:49 am
SofieR says...

Hey there! Sofie here with a review.

I just love the concept of writing to your future self. I have done this in the past, and this motivates me to do this again. I really like the point you made about how anger can be a friend :)

Youbeaucupid says...

Aw I'm glad you enjoyed it, I've been doing this for quite a while now haha! I always go back to my old letters and remember who I was before, and who I am now and it's such a wonderful feeling!

Glad I could inspire you to write one! xD I hope you have an awesome day/night Sofie. Much love, cupid <3

Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:37 am
KaavyaK wrote a review...

This letter is amazing, it made me also decide that I should write a letter to my future self.

"I know that life might be throwing us some curveballs right now, but I want us to remember something: things always get better. Yeah, life can be a rollercoaster, full of ups and downs, twists and turns, but it's all part of the ride."

The above lines written by the author are quite powerful. They are making the readers understand how practical the author is.

"Keep your chin up, keep pushing forward, and never forget that we're capable of achieving greatness. We've got this, Cupid. Believe in us and remember that I'm cheering you on every step of the way."

Awesome lines. You really have the talent of bringing your thoughts into words. This letter totally made my day, may this letter also make other readers' day happy.

Your writing skills are excellent.
Always remember: 'Where there's a will there's a way."
So, keep on writing more and more letters and lessons to your future self and keep sharing these letters with us.

Waiting for more.
Keep it up.
Merci.

Youbeaucupid says...

Ah, thank you so much for the review Merc!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! <33

Courage, my soul! Now learn to wield the weight of thine immortal shield...
— Andrew Marvell