16+ Language Violence Mature Content

Props and Mayhem (A Fanfic)

by TheBrokenAngel

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language, violence, and mature content.

Props & Mayhem (Mike Fuentes Fanfic)

Chapter One

"Rycka! You ever heard of a band called Pierce The Veil?" my manager, Alice, asks. I put down my camera and stare at her as if she's crazy.

"Of course I have, Alice. You know that. I listen to them all the time." I say.

Alice smiles and says, "Good. You're boarding a plane for San Diego tonight. They asked for you specifically. They want you to take some pictures of them before and during their concert. They also want a photo shoot. Their manager will explain everything when you get there you'll be there for about two weeks working with them."

"O-okay." I stutter incredulously. Alice smirks and tosses me an envelope before walking away, her studded black heels clicking against the tile floor. I open the envelope and stare at the contents: a round-trip plane ticket, a VIP backstage pass, a concert ticket, and $1,000 in cash. I smile and shake my head.

I grab my camera and walk towards the venue; I'm about four hours early. I take a deep breath and adjust my Pierce The Veil tank top. My black skinny jeans hug my hips, and my combat boots clunk against the pavement. I quickly pull my red and orange hair up into a ponytail.

I show my pass to the security guard, who gives me a small smile. I walk straight towards the stage, where I'm supposed to meet the guys. I smile to myself as I admire the stage setup. I hear footsteps walking towards me, and I smile as the boys appear on the stage. I feel myself falling backwards and thrash my arms around.

Somebody grabs my waist, keeping me from hitting the ground. I look up to see Mike Fuentes' shocked face, one strong arm around my waist. I giggle nervously and say, "T-Thanks."

He smiles and says, "No problem, cutie. I'm Mike Fuentes, drummer for Pierce The Veil. You must be Rycka James." He sets me up on my feet and backs away a little.

"Yep. I-I mean, yes, sir." I stutter nervously.

He chuckles and says, "Please, just call me Mike. This is the rest of the band. Vi-"

"Vic Fuentes, lead singer. Jaime Preciado, bassist. Tony Perry, guitarist. I know. You guys are like, my favorite band." I say softly, a blush creeping over my face.

"What's your favorite song?" Vic asks skeptically.

"Probably Props and Mayhem, from Collide With The Sky, released in 2012 by Fearless Records." I say happily.

Tony smirks and says, "I'm impressed. Most of the time our photographers and interviewers have never even heard of us."

Mike smiles and says, "Girl knows her stuff."

Vic smiles and says, "That's definitely a good thing. We're all big fans of your work, Rycka. You're really good at capturing a band's real attitude. I mean, when you photographed Falling In Reverse, I could definitely tell exactly what each of the boys was like. Especially Ronnie. You're a great photographer."

I blush and say, "Um, thanks. I'm really lucky to have a job that brings me face to face with artists and bands that I love so much. I mean, honestly, you guys have saved me so many times. A few years ago I never would have imagined that I would get a chance to actually meet you guys. And now, here I am."

"Yeah. Here you are." Mike says, a smirk on his face. I blush as my green eyes meet his dark brown orbs.

I clear my throat and say, "Should we get started?"

Jaime smiles and says, "Hell yeah."

"Okay. What kind of pictures do you guys want?" I ask, turning my camera on.

Vic smiles and says, "We'd like to get a few group shots and some individuals. We'll leave everything up to you."

I nod and say, "We'll start with individuals. I'd like to get shots of all of you with your instruments." Everybody smiles and goes to their designated instruments. I start with Vic. "Vic, act like you're playing your guitar and singing." I instruct.

He does as I say, except he actually plays his guitar and sings. I laugh and take a picture of him. I get a picture of him smiling as he looks down at his guitar, his hair falling around his face. I snap a few pictures of Tony playing Bass and Jaime playing his guitar. Then it's time for Mike.

"Mike, I want you to play your drums and act happy." I say.

He smiles and says, "I don't have to act happy if I'm playing the drums. This is my passion we're talking about." He starts playing his drums, and I get a few pictures. I smile to myself as I look at the pictures.

"Great. I think I might do a few special affects on some of them. Let's get the group shots." I say.

I stand to the side of the stage, taking pictures of the boys as they play. They finish their last song and run off the stage. Mike smiles and lifts me up in a hug, his sweaty body pressing against mine. I laugh as I hold my camera above my head. "Watch the equipment. Wouldn't want the pictures to get ruined." I say.

Mike smiles and says, "No. We wouldn't want that."

"Okay, guys. I'm going back to my hotel to work on the pictures. I'll see you guys tomorrow morning at ten." I say. I start to leave, but Mike grabs my wrist.

"Wait. I was wondering if maybe I could get your number. You know, so we could talk later tonight." he smirks.

I smile and hand him my phone. He types in his number and hands it back to me. He smiles as our hands brush and says, "You know, you're really pretty, Rycka. Maybe we could hang out sometime?"

I blush and say, "Yeah. Sometime." He smiles and hugs me.

"Goodnight, Rycka. I'll talk to you later." he says. He quickly kisses my cheek and darts to the tour bus. I blush and look down at my phone. I laugh as I see his name. Mike "Drummers Do It Harder" Fuentes

Chapter Two

My phone rings just as I edit some fire onto Mike's cymbals and the tips of his drum sticks. I answer it after smiling at my caller ID. "Well, hello, Mr. Drummers Do It Harder."

"Hey, Rycka. What are you doing?" he asks. I can hear the smile in his voice.

I smile and say, "Just working on some pictures. What's up?"

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go for a walk and get some ice cream with me." he says it casually, but I can hear the nervousness in his voice.

I smile and say, "Sure. That sounds fun. Just give me few minutes to look presentable."

"Okay. I'll meet you at the hotel in about ten minutes." he says. I hang up and quickly jump up from my bed. I quickly put on a tight black Ice Nine Kills shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans with my black combat boots. I run a straightener through my red and orange hair, apply some eyeliner and mascara, and put on some perfume. I adjust my snakebites and put a pair of size 2 floral tapers in.

I put my phone in my pocket and take the elevator to the lobby. I find Mike leaning against the reception counter. He's wearing a black Asking Alexandria t-shirt with the sides cut out, black jeans, black converse, and a black snapback. He smiles when he sees me and says, "Hey, Rycka. You look gorgeous. Love your shirt. Ice Nine Kills is one of my favorite bands."

I blush and say, "Asking Alexandria is great too."

Mike holds his hand out to me and says, "Shall we?" I take his hand, and he laces our fingers together. I blush again as we walk through the streets of San Diego. "So where are you from? Where did you go to school?" he asks.

"I was born in a small town in West Virginia. I moved out of my parents' house when I was sixteen and went straight to New York City. I finishes up high school and went to NYU to study photography and art. Now I live here, in San Diego, for most of the year. About five months out of the year I go up to New York for work." I say, sighing as I finish.

"Wow. I never would have expected you to be from some back woods town in the sticks. You seem so... punk rock." he chuckles.

I laugh and say, "Yeah. I never really fit in there. I always liked rock and alternative. My favorite color was black, and I drew creepy pictures and wrote poems about suicide. I guess you could say I was an outcast."

"Well, you're not an outcast anymore. I mean, I've met a lot of bands that have been photographed by you. They all think you're really talented and down to Earth. You're anything but an outcast in our community, Rycka. You're famous." he says.

I smile half-heartedly and say, "Yeah, maybe in the punk rock community. But in the photography community, I'm not. Yeah, other photographers admire my work, but only because I can capture a band's essence in a single picture. But as soon as a photographer from another company sees what I look like, I'm that outcast girl again. God, I hate it so much."

Mike grabs my face in his hands and stares directly into my eyes. "Listen to me, Rycka. You're beautiful. If other photographers are going to judge you because you look different, they're stupid. You're prettier than any of them ever will be." he whispers.

He presses his lips to mine, and I wrap my arms around his neck. I let my fingers play with his soft hair as our tongues twist around each other. He pulls away and leans his forehead against mine. He smiles and kisses the tip of my nose. "Rycka, this is crazy, but will you be my girlfriend?" he asks.

I smile and say, "This is crazy, but yes." Mike smiles and kisses me softly.

"Come on; let's go get some ice cream." Mike says.

"So do you have any pets or anything?" Mike asks. He sips his chocolate milkshake and smiles at me.

I lick my chocolate mint ice cream cone and say, "Yeah. I have a random ball python. His name is Asgard."

"Fan of Marvel?" Mike asks.

I smile and say, "Why of course. What about you? Any pets?"

Mike smiles down at his milkshake and says, "No, but I am a fan of Marvel."

I laugh and say, "Good. If you didn't, I'd probably have to kill you." Mike laughs and bops my nose.

"Now you wouldn't want to murder your boyfriend, would you?" he asks, feigning innocence.

"I would if he didn't like Marvel." I giggle.

Mike smiles at me and says, "So what are your hobbies? Besides photography and watching Marvel movies, that is."

I laugh and say, "Well, I collect band merch. And tattoos. I think I actually have more tattoos than band merch."

"But I only see like, two tattoos." Mike says.

I laugh and say, "You can't see most of them. I have a lot on my back, ribs and hips, and a few on my feet. I actually have an appointment in New York City in a few weeks to get one on my hand."

"What are you getting?" he asks curiously.

"I'm getting a Japanese cherry flower that starts on my wrist and ends on my palm." I say.

Mike takes my hand and turns it over in his hand. He traces over my veins with a smile on his face. "Nice. It'll look really good on you." he says. Then he grins cheekily and says, "When do I get to see the rest of your tattoos."

I smirk and say, "I don't know. Could be tomorrow. Could be next week. Or next month. Or even next year."

"Whoa, now. I didn't say anything about us being together that long." he says with a laugh. I laugh too, and Mike absently traces patterns on my hand. "You know, maybe you could go on tour with us next time. I mean, we don't leave for four months, but then we'll be on the road for almost a year."

"I don't know, Mike. What about my job? I can't just leave for a year." I say.

"Almost all of our stops on the next tour have other bands. You could take pictures of them. Or you could just quit your job and work for yourself." he suggests.

I laugh and say, "I don't know. We'll see." If only he knew that I've been trying to start my own company for almost a year.

Mike smirks and says, "If you won't go on tour with me, then I guess Pierce The Veil will just have to hire you for the entire tour. Then you'd have to go." I laugh and roll my eyes.

Chapter Three (A Few Weeks Later)

Somebody knocks on my door, and I run to answer it, only to find Mike smiling with a bouquet of flowers. He smiles and says, "Hey, cutie. I haven't talked to you in like, two weeks. I thought I'd bring you some flowers."

I laugh nervously and say, "Um, thanks. How did you find out where I live?"

He blushes and says, "I may or may not have stalked you on Facebook. Why didn't you call or text me after you left?"

"I didn't think you really liked me. I just thought I was some girl that you'd forget about after I left." I mutter. Mike rolls his eyes and kisses my cheek.

"You're crazy, Rycka. I asked you to be my girlfriend; there's no way I would forget about you." he says.

I smile and say, "I'm being rude. Please, come in, Mike." I move aside to let him in, and he takes in the foyer and winding staircase.

"Wow. This is... gorgeous. I love the crystal chandelier. You know, looking at you, I never would have guessed you would live in a place like this." he says.

I blush and say, "This is just the foyer. The rest of my house is just a normal, two-story, Victorian style house. Come on; you need to meet Asgard." I grab his hand and lead him to the living room, where Asgard is slithering around in his terrarium. "That's Asgard. Don't touch him; he doesn't like anybody."

Mike smiles and says, "Don't worry, I have no intention of touching your python." He blushes nervously and says, "That's not what I meant. I mean, I don't want to touch your snake. Agh! I-I mean I would not like to physically touch your pet rainbow ball python."

I laugh and say, "Calm down, Mike. I get it."

He sighs and says, "Good. I don't want to embarrass myself anymore. Oh, by the way, I kind of, sort of, maybe, kinda, sorta made us dinner reservations."

"What? Why didn't you tell me? When? Where?" I ask frantically.

He laughs and says, "Well I would have told you, but I haven't talked to you in two weeks. And really, we can go whenever we want. It's at my parents' house."

"What? Oh my God! I have to go try to look at least somewhat presentable." I say nervously, running my hands through my hair.

Mike laughs and grabs my hands. "Relax, Rycka. You look beautiful. Besides, my parents would like you even if you showed up in a burlap sack." he says, pressing a kiss to my lips.

I take a deep breath and say, "I still want to look nice. Give me twenty minutes to change my clothes, do my makeup, and straighten my hair."

Mike smiles mischievously and says, "Only if I can watch. After you change, of course."

I roll my eyes and say, "Okay. Fine."

"I really like your new tattoo. And the infinite sign on your hip." Mike says. I sigh as I stare at my reflection. A black crop top, skinny jeans, combat boots and eyeliner.

"God! Why can't I just look half-decent?" I yell.

Mike chuckles and says, "You look beautiful, Rycka. Don't stress so much." His hands grip my hips, and he kisses my forehead. "With you dressed like that, I'm almost tempted not to even go. I'd rather just stay here and kiss you."

"God, I look like a slut! Ugh!" I squeal.

"You do not look like a slut. I'll tell you what. I'm going to go call my parents and tell them we can't make it. We can stay here and order pizza or something. Just calm down." he whispers.

I take a deep breath and say, "Okay. I mean, I feel really bad, but maybe I just need time to prepare myself for your parents."

"Don't worry; they'll love you. Now come on. Let's go find a movie to watch." he says.

It's midnight before we know it, and Mike sighs deeply. "I should probably head home. It's getting late." he says.

"You could just stay here. I mean, it's not like my parents are here to tell you no. And my bed is huge. You could stay for tonight." I whisper.

Mike smiles and says, "Okay. But only if I get to cuddle with you all night." He picks me up and carries me up the spiral staircase to my room. We lay down together, and Mike kisses me. He tastes like pizza and stale cigarettes. "Goodnight, beautiful." he whispers.

Chapter Four (On Tour)

"Come on, Ry. It's time to go." Mike says.

"Hold on, just let me grab Asgard." I say. Pierce The Veil's manager agreed to let me bring Asgard along on tour as long as he didn't cause any trouble. Thankfully, Asgard is a pretty mellow snake that only ever slithers around is terrarium and eats.

I let the ball python wrap around my arm and carry him onto the bus. Mike had a special enclosure built out of bulletproof glass. It's also bolted to the floor, so it can't move. I gently reach my arm into the terrarium and pry Asgard off. I smile as I lock the door, and I turn on my heels, only to come face to face with Tony. "Whoa. Um, sorry, Tony. I-I was just putting Asgard is his enclosure." I stutter.

Tony laughs and says, "Calm down, Rycka. It's just me. You act like you just smacked the president or something."

"I-I'm sorry. I still can't get over the fact that I'm on tour with Pierce The Veil, or that Mike Fuentes is my boyfriend. I'm still a little starstruck." I explain.

"But why? You've photographed so many other bands. How is it even possible for you to get starstruck anymore?" he asks.

I think about my response carefully for a few moments and say, "It's hard to explain. I mean, do you ever get starstruck when you meat a band that you really like? Like, let's say you're the biggest fan of Jackyl in the entire world, and one day you got to meet them, or go on tour with them. Wouldn't you be starstruck?"

Tony nods and says, "Yeah. Guess I never thought of it that way. Oh, right. I came in here to tell you that Mike wants you to meet him in the back room. He said preferably without Asgard."

I laugh and say, "Okay. Thanks, Tony." He gives me a smile and walks out. I take a deep breath and fix my blue and purple hair. I saunter into the back room, only to find Mike playing Call Of Duty. I lean over the back of the couch he's sitting on and wrap my arms around him.

He pauses the game and says, "Hey, Ry."

I smile and say, "Hey. So what's up?"

Mike pulls me over the back of the couch so that I'm laying down with my head in his lap. He smiles cheekily and says, "Nothing's up. Just wanted to spend some time with you. And play COD."

I sit up and say, "I wanna play." Mike laughs and hands me a controller.

"Vic is gonna be mad that I let you play instead of him, but he'll get over it. Especially when he sees your hair. He's going to fucking love it." he says with a cheeky smile.

"Okay, Mike. Just start the game." I say. Mike laughs buts starts the game. We play for what feels like hours, and then all of the boys pile into the back room.

"Mike! I thought you said you wanted to play alone! Why does she get to play? I'm your fucking brother! She's just a dumb bimbo. No offense, Rycka." Vic whines.

I giggle and say, "Don't worry, Vic. None taken."

Mike laughs and says, "First of all, she's not a dumb bimbo. Secondly, even if she was, she's still a hell of a lot better at COD than you." Vic glares and sits down beside me.

He leans over to whisper in my ear. "Stupid bimbo."

I laugh and say, "Stupid Mexican." This causes all of the boys to laugh, and Mike saves the game before turning the Xbox off.

"Alrightyo, boys. Whose the man with the plan?" Mike asks.

Jaime chuckles and says, "The bus stops in about an hour for the first venue, which is L. A., but the show isn't until tomorrow. We were all thinking about maybe going out to a club or something. You guys in?"

"Nah. I think we might just walk around the city for a little bit. Maybe go to the beach or something." Mike says, winking at me. I blush and look down at my lap. Vic laughs and playful pushes me. I goggle and punch him back. "Vic, I'd be careful if I were you. I've wrestled with that girl plenty of times. She might not look it, but she's a fierce little mother fucker." Mike warns.

Just as he finishes talking, I tackle Vic to the floor. He turns until I'm straddling him and holding his fists down. Somehow he rolls us over so he's on top, but I kick him off. We're both laughing as we wrestle, and Mike is shaking his head at us. "You know, if Vic was a girl, this could be pretty hot. But since he isn't, this is just plain funny. I mean honestly, Vic is getting his ass beat by a girl." Jaime says.

I laugh and roll off Vic to lay in the floor. Both of us are breathing hard and staring at the ceiling. I turn to meet Vic's brown eyes and say, "Truce?"

"For now. Truce." he says. We shake on it and try to catch our breath. I crawl over to Mike and sit in his lap. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my temple.

"Not only is my girlfriend better at COD than you, she's also a better wrestler and a better singer. And she's prettier." Mike says.

"Okay, I'll give her COD and wrestling, but there's no way she's a better singer than me. Tony, put in Band Hero. Jaime, would you mind playing guitar?" Vic asks.

I smile and say, "No, Jaime. I want to play guitar."

Vic laugh sand says, "Okay, here's the deal. You play guitar for me, and I'll play guitar for you." I nod and grab the guitar. Vic picks a song we both know, Whore by In This Moment. I shake my head and start playing the guitar. Vic scores a 1800 on the song and gives me the microphone. I smile and start singing.

"I'm the girl you've been thinking about, that one thing you can't love without. Yeah, I'm the girl you've been waitin' for, I'll have you down on your knees, I'll have you begging for more. You probably though I wouldn't get this far. You thought I'd end up in the back of a car. You probably though that I'd never escape, I'd be a rat in a cage, I'd be a slave to this place. You don't know how hard I've fought to survive, waking up alone when all that's left is to die. And you don't about this life I live, or these words I write, or these tears I cry! So how can this be? You're lying to me. As I look in your eyes, I know just what that means. I can be, I can be your everything. I can be your whore!"

I find myself dancing as I sing, and Mike grabs my waist. I smile as I finish the song with a 2000. Mike smiles and says, "I told you she was a better singer. And she's way hotter." Vic grumbles and turns off the game.

"Whatever. You're still a dumb bimbo." he scowls. I laugh and lean into Mike's chest.

"Come on, Vic. Let's go get ready to go clubbing." Tony says, dragging Vic out of the room. As soon as the boys leave, I turn in Mike's lap so that I'straddling him.

"Why do I feel like we aren't really going to the beach?" I ask.

Mike laughs and says, "I don't know. I mean, I have every intention of going to the beach. After we make out for a while." He gives me a cheeky grin, and I can't help but laugh.

Chapter Five

"So what's your favorite tattoo that you have?" Mike asks. He grabs my hand as we walk along the street.

I think for a second and say, "Probably the one on my ass."

"What? Why have I never seen this tattoo?" Mike asks incredulously.

I laugh and say, "Because it's not real. I just wanted to see your reaction. My favorite tattoo is probably the one on my rib cage. The lyrics from Remembering Sunday by All Time Low."

"Wait, which lyrics?" Mike asks confusedly.

I laugh and say, "I can see now that all of these clouds are following me on my desperate endeavor to find my whoever."

"Oh yeah. I like that one. But I really like the two rips on your back. Although I don't really understand them." he says.

"I got those a few years ago. Their supposed to look like I had wings ripped out of my back." I explain. My feet hit cool white sand, and Mike leads me towards the water. He pulls me down so that I'm sitting between his legs.

"Cute." he says, kissing my neck.

Mike kisses me and says, "I'll be right back. Wait here." He disappears into the club Vic, Tony and Jaime are supposed to be in. I lean against the brick wall and wait for him to return.

"Rycka? Oh my God! It is you!" a familiar Brazilian voice says. I turn to see Jane walking towards me in a black leather ultra-mini-skirt and a tight tank top that barely covers her breasts. She throws her arms around me, and I can smell the alcohol on her. "Oh my God! I've missed you so much!" she says.

"Really? Because if I remember correctly, you said you never wanted to talk to me again. You're the one that walked away. You're the one that left." I say.

She giggles and says, "I know. But I'm really sorry, baby. I really am. Listen, why don't we go back to my hotel and have a little fun. I could make you feel so good." She presses her body against mine and kisses me roughly. I try to push her away, but even drunk she's stronger than me.

I feel somebody rip her body away from mine, and I watch as she stumbles. Mike is glaring at her. "She's taken, bitch. Don't even think about it." he growls. Jane laughs and walks away.

Mike turns his glare to me. I shrink against the wall and say, "Calm down, Mike. I can explain everything. I promise."

"Yeah, I'm sure you can. We'll talk about this on the bus. Besides, the guys aren't coming home for a while." he says. He storms off, and I follow after him. He lets me go into the bus first, and he slams the door behind him. "What the fuck, Rycka? I leave for five minutes and you start making out with some whore in clothes that are two sizes too small? What the hell?" he yells. He throws a glass at the wall, shattering it into a thousand pieces.

"She was my ex, Mike! It's not like I wanted to kiss her. She threw herself at me!" I yell back.

"Why didn't you push her away?" he shouts, throwing another glass.

"I tried! She's a lot stronger than me! Do you really think I would have cheated on you like that?" I scream.

"No, but it sure as hell looked like you were enjoying that kiss! God, it's like you don't even care about me! Do you?" he screams, moving towards me.

"Not when you're acting like this!" I yell back. He pins me to the wall and glares at me.

"Acting like what, Rycka? Acting like your boyfriend?" he growls.

"No. Acting like an asshole." I counter.

"So even though I'm an asshole, me being this close to you doesn't affect you at all?" he hisses. His face is just inches from mine. I can feel his warm breath on my face.

"Not at all." I growl.

"What of I kissed you right now? That wouldn't do anything for you? What if I ripped your clothes off and pinned you to the wall?" he questions.

My breath hitches as I say, "N-nothing." He slams his lips roughly onto mine, and I melt into him. He kisses me roughly and smacks my ass. I moan against him and dig my nails into his back. I feel his hands curl roughly around my thighs, his nails biting into the sensitive skin. I wrap my legs around his waist as he bites my neck. I let out a moan and pull his hair.

I rest my head on Mike's bare chest, both of us breathing heavily. Somehow we ended up on the floor, surrounded by broken glass. I have a couple scratches on my back, and Mike cut his hands a few times. I feel his bloody hand on my hip, and I look up at him. "Wow." I say.

He smirks and says, "Yeah. If the makeup sex is that great, then maybe we should fight like that more often. Or maybe you should just run into that girl more often."

I laugh and say, "Um, how about no. How about we don't fight, and I don't run into Jane anymore, and we just have great sex like that."

Mike laughs and says, "I like that idea better."

"Dude, why was there glass and blood everywhere? What did you two do last week?" Tony asks me. We're playing World of Warcraft while the others are out getting breakfast.

I blush and say, "Well, we got into a little fight. Mike kinda broke a few glasses. I guess we just forgot to clean up after we made up."

Tony smiles and says, "Judging by how red your face is, I'm guessing you guys had some pretty intense makeup sex. Was that your first time?" I blush harder and try to focus on the game. Tony chuckles and says, "I'm going to take that as a yes."

The guys walk through the door, and Mike places a bag of McDonalds in my lap. He sits down beside me and rests his head in my lap. I laugh and turn off the Xbox. "What time is the show tonight?" I ask.

"We go on at about seven. Are you watching from side stage?" Jaime asks.

I smile and say, "Of course."

Chapter Six

All Time Low runs off the stage from opening, and Alex immediately wraps me in a hug. "Oh my God, Rycka. It's been forever since I talked to you. When are you taking pictures of us again?" he asks.

I laugh and say, "Whenever you guys hire me to do it. What have you guys been up to?"

He flips his sweaty hair out of his eyes and says, "Just touring. And now opening for Pierce The Veil." Mike kisses my cheek as he runs out onto the stage. Alex looks at me skeptically and says, "What's up with that?"

I laugh and say, "We're together. We have been for almost six months."

Alex laughs and says, "Congratulations. Jack is going to be so upset. He's always had a huge crush on you." Just as he says it, somebody wraps me in a hug from behind. I turn to see none other than Jack Barakat smiling at me.

I laugh and say, "Hey, Jack. God, I haven't seen you in like, a year and a half."

He smiles and says, "I know! I've missed you. What are you doing here?"

"I'm dating the drummer." I say with a smirk.

"What? Why didn't you tell me? Mike is going to kill me if he saw me hug you." Jack says frantically.

I laugh and say, "No he won't. Just calm down Jack. God, I can't believe that we get to hang out for the next six months!"

Alex laughs and says, "I know. Listen, kiddo, we gotta go change. We'll be back soon." The boys hug me again before running away. I laugh and turn to see Vic running towards me.

"Ry! We're about to do Hold On Till May. Will you sing Lindsey's part?" he asks.

I laugh and say, "Sure." He smiles and pulls me out onto the stage.

"Okay, everybody. This is Mike's girlfriend, Rycka James. I'm sure most of you have seen her photography in AP magazine or online. Anyway, she's going to sing with us tonight. So show the pretty lady some love tonight!" Vic shouts. The crowd goes crazy, most of them screaming my name. I laugh as the boys start to play, and I wait for my part.

Vic turns to me and starts singing. "If I were you, I'd put that away. See you're just wasted and thinking bout the past again. Darling, you'll be okay."

I smile and sing. "If you were me, you'd do the same. Cause I can't take anymore. I'll draw the shades and close the door. Everything's not alright. Cause I would rather."

Vic gives me an encouraging smile and starts singing again. I turn to smile at Mike, who smiles back at me. The song ends, and Vic smiles at me. "Okay, everybody. My brother Mike would like to make an announcement." he says.

Mike smiles and comes to the front of the stage. Vic hands him a microphone and stands back. Mike takes my hand and smiles at me. "Rycka James, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I know we've only been dating for six months, but I'm completely in love with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" he asks, pulling a diamond ring out of his pocket.

I can't breathe. Tears well up in my eyes, and I struggle for breath. I can't breathe. I feel my knees buckle, and I fall to the ground. Everything goes black and silent.

I wake up to see Jack, Zack, Alex and Mike standing around me. "W-what happened?" I ask. My head is pounding and my chest hurts. Mike takes my hands and kisses my forehead.

"Well, we were on stage, and I asked you to marry me. You suddenly got really pale and passed out. Our paramedics team brought you in here and checked you out. They said your blood sugar bottomed out. I told the guys they had to finish the show. Rian took my place behind drums so I could stay here with you." Mike explains.

"Did I at least answer you?" I ask.

He laughs and says, "No."

"Oh. Well, I definitely meant to say yes." I say.

Mike chuckles and says, "Good, because I already put the ring on your finger. Listen, the guys are on their last song. As soon as they get done, we're taking you to the hospital to make sure you're okay."

I nod and say, "Okay. Just please don't leave me."

"Don't worry, Ry. I'm not going anywhere." he whispers, pressing a kiss to my hand.

"So I think we've found out what's wrong with you." the doctor says.

I squeeze Mike's hand and say, "Well, my dear. First of all, we believe you you may be in the early stages of cancer. We're going to right you a prescription for a pill that should fight the cancer away. You'll have to take it twice a day for two months. Secondly , it's a bit early to tell, but we think you're pregnant."

She hands me a slip of paper and leaves the room. I feel my entire world crashing down around me. "Pregnant... Cancer..." I whisper.

Mike squeezes my hand and says, "Oh my God. Rycka, I'm going to be right here for you. We'll cancel the tour and go home to San Diego. Please say something."

"No. You're not canceling the tour. She said the medicine will fight the cancer. I'm going to be fine, Mike. And we're going to continue on this tour, and then have a baby and get married." I say.

"Are you sure?" he asks skeptically.

I squeeze his hand and say, "I'm sure. Now let's go get these cancer-fighting drugs and go back. And Mike? Let's not mention this to the boys unless absolutely necessary. The cancer part, not the baby part."

"Baby. Wait, whoa. Did I just completely miss that part? All I heard was cancer. Baby?" he asks.

I nod and say, "Yes, Mike. She thinks I'm pregnant. She said it's too early to know for certain, but she's pretty sure I'm pregnant."

"Is it mine?" he asks softly.

"Of course, Mike. You're the only person I've ever... You know. I mean, we don't have to keep it. If you don't want to." I say, looking down at my lap. I feel somebody's arms around me, and I look up at Mike. His deep brown eyes are glassy, but he's smiling.

"We're keeping the baby, Rycka. There's no way I would ever get rid of it. I just... can't believe I'm going to be a dad." he says, his hand on my stomach. I smile as a tear rolls down my cheek. Mike wipes it away and kisses me softly.

"Oh my God! I'm gonna be an uncle!" Vic yells. I laugh and place my hand over my stomach.

Tony hugs me and say, "Congratulations, Rycka. I better be the god father."

"Don't worry, Tony. You and Jaime are the god fathers." I laugh. Tony smiles and kisses my cheek. Vic runs over to me and pulls me into a hug. He's smiling from ear to ear.

"I'm going to be an uncle!" he yells excitedly.

"Yes, Vic. You're going to be an uncle. Calm down, and please stop yelling at my fiancée." Mike says. He wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head on my shoulder.

Chapter Seven (Two Months Later)

"How's my baby? How's my fiancée? Is everything okay?" Mike asks. I only got back from the doctor's office five minutes ago.

"Everything's fine. Everything's great." I say with a smile.

Mike kisses me and says, "Good."

I take a deep breath and leave the envelope on my pillow. I grab my bag, quietly close the bunk room door, and try to silently leave the bus. I find Tony in the kitchen, staring out the window. "Rycka? Where are you going?" he asks softly.

I fight back tears as I say, "Home. I can't stay here anymore."

"What? What are you talking about?" he asks worriedly.

"I can't hurt Mike like this anymore. I have to go." I explain.

Tony grabs my wrist and says, "Come on. Before you leave, let's go for a little walk. I think you need somebody to talk to about whatever is going on." I sigh but let him drag me out of the bus.

We walk through the empty street for a little while, holding hands, before Tony starts talking. "What's really going on, Rycka? Why are you trying to sneak out of the tour bus in the middle of the night?" he asks.

I take a deep breath and say, "I don't want to hurt Mike. I love him so much. I just don't want to hurt him."

"If he wakes up in the morning and you aren't there, he's going to be devastated, Rycka. By leaving, you're only going to hurt him. He's so in love with you that if you leave, it's going to kill him. Maybe literally." Tony says.

"You don't understand, Tony!" I shout.

He pulls me towards him until our faces are just inches apart. "Make me understand." he growls.

Tears roll down my cheeks, and I squeeze my eyes shut. "I'm dying, Tony. I have cancer, and it's killing me. Mike thinks it's cured, but it's not. It's worse than it ever was. And it's not only killing me, it's killing the baby too. It's taking advantage of the growing cells. The baby is almost completely made of cancer at this point. But Mike thinks everything's okay."

"Rycka, you have to tell him. If you just leave, he's going to think you hate him. But if you tell him what's going on, he'll understand. He'll do everything in his power to help you get better." Tony says.

"You don't understand! I'm not going to get better! Nothing can help me! It's inevitably! I'm going to fucking die! And I don't want Mike to have to deal with this! It's my battle, not his! I've been in a relationship with a dying person before! Trust me, it's going to hurt a lot less if I just leave now! He'll have a chance to get over me before I die." I cry.

"Listen to me, Rycka. This is not going to be easier for him. And I swear to God, if you leave, I'm going right back to that bus and waking him up to tell him where the hell you're going. You can't do this to him! Okay? You can't. He needs you more than you could possible imagine. And you need him. So we're going to go back to that goddamn bus, you're going to lay down beside him in that bunk, and tomorrow morning, you're going to explain this whole goddamn thing to him." Tony says.

"I can't, Tony. I just can't. I can't tell the love of my life that I'm going to die in a few months. I can't tell him that he's not only going to lose me, but that he's also going to lose his baby." I whisper.

Tony sighs in defeat and says, "Then don't. Don't go back. Just leave. Go back to fucking San Diego, rip his fucking heart out. But I can promise you, as soon as he finds out where you are, he'll come for you. And you can bet your fucking ass I'm going to tell him exactly where you are."

I choke out a sob and fall to the ground. Tony sits down beside me and holds my hand until I can pull myself together. "I don't want to leave him, Tony. But I don't want to hurt him." I whisper.

"Listen to me, Rycka. If you tell him what's really going on, he'll love you through this. He'll make damn sure you make it through this. He won't let you die. So just go back to the bus with me. You can wake him up, and maybe you guys will go for a walk like we did, and you'll tell him what's wrong." Tony says.

I nod and say, "Okay." Tony pulls me off my feet and hugs me tightly.

"I'm going to be honest with you, Rycka, because you deserve it. I'm completely in love with you. But Mike is like my brother, and I would never do anything to hurt him. Or you. I can see that you guys are head over heels in love with each other. But please, just let me do this once in my life. Mike never has to know, and after this I'll never do it again. But I have to right now." he whispers.

He wraps his arms around my waist and presses his lips softly to mine. I'm stunned at first, but then his words sink in. I sigh inwardly and let him kiss me. He gently pries my lips open with his own, and our tongues dance together. After a little bit, he pulls away and leans his forehead on mine. "Thank you, Rycka. For letting me do that." he whispers.

I take a deep breath and say, "Just don't do it again. I mean, if I wasn't with Mike, we could definitely be a thing. But I am with Mike."

Tony blushes and says, "I know. I understand." He turns to walk away, but I grab his arm.

"Tony? Thanks for talking to me. And for being my best friend. And for just being there for me." I say softly.

He smiles and says, "You're welcome, Rycka. Now come on. Let's go back to the bus."

Chapter Eight

We arrive at the bus just as Mike bursts through the door. Tears flood down his face in a torrent, and his brown eyes land on me. "Rycka!" he yells. He throws his arms around me and cries on my shoulder. "Please don't leave me. Please." he whispers desperately, squeezing me tightly.

"Mike, please, calm down. Just let me explain everything." I say softly.

"I'm going back to the bus. Remember what I told you, Rycka." Tony says. I nod and try to pry Mike off of me.

"Mike, please. Just calm down and let me explain." I beg. I'm crying now too, and Mike refuses to let go. "Mike! Get off of me!" I yell. He cautiously lets go of me, but he looks at me as if I might run away at any second.

"Rycka, please don't leave me. I need you. I love you so much. Please don't do this to me. Please don't leave." he cries desperately.

I sigh and say, "I don't think I'm going anywhere, Mike. But there's so much I need to tell you. Can we go for a walk?" He nods, and I take his hand in mine. We walk until the bus is out of view, and I sit down on the soft white sand of the beach. We stare out at the ocean, together physically but in completely different universes mentally.

"Will you please tell me what's going on, Ry?" he asks softly.

I take a deep breath and say, "There's so much to tell you. I just don't want to hurt you."

"What are you talking about? Why do you keep talking in riddles tonight?" he asks confusedly. I look down at the sand as a tear rolls down my cheek.

"I'm dying, Mike. The cancer is taking over my body. I have like, two months to live. And it's not just affecting me. It's taking advantage of the growing cells and killing our baby too. There's nothing I can do about it. I'm just going to die. We're just going to die.

"That's why I was going to leave. I've been in this kind of relationship before. It hurts like hell when you lose somebody that way. And I didn't want you to have to go through that kind of pain. I was going to go back to San Diego and die alone with our baby. I was going to call you when I got there, explain everything. I just had to go." I explain.

"Why didn't you?" he asks. He doesn't ask it in a disappointed way. Just curiously. His voice is rough and shaky, and I can tell he's on the verge of tears, but I don't look at him.

"I was about to, but Tony wouldn't let me without talking to him first. He made me tell him everything. He told me I couldn't just leave without at least giving you some explanation. He said that by leaving I was just going to hurt you more. So I came back. I told myself I was just going to tell you everything and leave. But when I saw you, I knew I wasn't going to leave. I knew I couldn't." I explain. As I say it, I know it's true. I know I can't leave now.

I finally turn to look at Mike. He's staring at me, his brown eyes carrying mixed emotions. Hurt. Compassion. Confusion. Shock. I sigh and look at the ocean. "Rycka, please look at me." he whispers. I blink back tears but look at him. His lips crash onto mine, and he kisses me with more passion than I've ever felt. Our salty tears mix into the kiss, but Mike doesn't pull away.

He only pulls away when neither of us can breathe anymore. He pulls me into him, and we cry in each other's arms for a little while. He holds me tightly, as if that's enough to make the cancer go away, enough to save my life. He takes a shaky breath and tangles his hands in my hair.

"You're not going anywhere, Rycka. You're not. You're going to be okay. W-we're going to get you help. Y-you're going to be okay. You're not going to d-die. I'm going t-to make sure of that. Y-you're going to be okay, Rycka." he whispers shakily.

I look up to see him crying. "I wish that were true, Mike. But it's too late. I'm going to die." I whisper.

"No you're not, Rycka. I'm going to save you if it's the last thing I do." he says.

"But you can't save the world from the creatures that don't die." I say half-heartedly.

He laughs and says, "I'm going to save you. Trust me, Rycka. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Mike." I whisper. He kisses me and pulls me onto his lap so that I'm straddling him. He's kissing me with just as much passion as the last kiss, holding me so tightly I can barely breathe. I can feel his heart beat through my shirt, which soon joins his on the sand.

"Tonight I'll make you feel beautiful once again." he whispers. He softly kisses my neck as his hands press firmly into my back. I let my hands tangle themselves in his hair. "I love you so much, Rycka." he whispers.

"I love you too, Mike." I whisper shakily. His lips return to mine as our pants find a place on the sand. "Please don't let go of me, Mike." I whisper.

"Never." he whispers against my lips.

A Week Later

Mike clutches my hand as a nurse hooks me up to the chemicals. I automatically taste copper in my mouth, a taste I've come to associate with the chemo. She smiles sympathetically and says, "I'll be just upstairs if you need anything, sweetie. I'll be back soon to check on you." I thank her and turn to Mike. He has tears in his eyes, and I press a kiss to his forehead.

He's so sweet. He hired an in-home nurse for my chemo so that I wouldn't have to go to a clinic three days out of every week. He smiles and says, "I love you so much, Rycka."

"I love you too, Mike." I whisper. He takes a deep breath and presses a kiss to my hand.

"You know, I'm kind of upset that we lost the baby, but it's okay. Because I didn't lose you. I can survive losing a baby that hasn't even been born. But God, if I lost you, I don't know what I would do." he says softly.

I sigh and say, "You haven't lost me yet, Mike. But I can't promise you that I'm going to make it out of this alive."

He squeezes my hand and says, "You can't promise that, but I can. You're going to be fine, Rycka. I promise."

I smile and say, "Okay. And I promise, as soon as I'm better, we can make another baby." Mike smiles and says, "Deal."

"What do you want for dinner, Rycka?" Mike asks softly.

"Nothing. I'm not hungry." I say sleepily.

He grabs my hand and says, "Come on, baby. You have to eat. What if I make some chicken salad and some homemade brownies?"

I sigh and say, "Okay. Just please let me sleep until then. Sleep fights cancer." Mike laughs and kisses my forehead. I hear him rummaging around in the kitchen.

Chapter Nine (A Few Months Later)

I sit on the table, nervously twiddling my thumbs as I await the doctor's diagnoses. Mike grabs my hand and kisses it. "Calm down, baby. You're okay." I give him a worried smile as the doctor walks in.

She smiles and says, "Good news, Rycka. It seems the cancer has disappeared from your body. I want you to go through two more day's worth of chemo, just to be sure. I also want you to come back every two months for check ups. Congratulations."

"Oh my God! Thank you so much!" I squeal, attacking her in a hug.

She laughs and says, "No need to thank me, dear. Just doing my job."

Mike wraps his arms tightly around my waist and smiles down at me. I giggle and wrap my arms around his neck. "You're officially cancer-free, Rycka. We should celebrate." he says.

"What do you have in mind?" I ask.

He laughs and says, "I was thinking dinner with the guys. At my parents' house."

I take a deep breath and say, "Okay. Um, let me go take a shower."

He smiles cheekily and says, "Can I join?"

"Of course." I say.

Mike zips up the short black dress and smiles at me. "You look so beautiful. But your hair is a bit of a mess."

I laugh and say, "I know, I need to straighten it really fast. And then put on eyeliner and mascara."

He rolls his eyes and says, "You don't need any makeup. All it does is mess with perfection." He presses a kiss to my cheek and smiles at our reflection in the mirror. "We need a picture of this." he says.

I laugh and say, "Okay. But after I fix my hair." He laughs as I turn my straightener on and brush through my blue and purple hair. I quickly straighten it and put on my makeup. I turn to Mike and say, "Okay. Now I'm ready."

Mike takes his phone out of his pocket and wraps his arm around my waist. I wrap my arms around his torso and smile at the camera. He snaps the picture and smiles. "Perfect. Come on, baby."

"Hello, dear. Oh, we're so happy to finally meet you. My, my, Mikey. She's gorgeous!" Mrs. Fuentes says.

Mike blushes and says, "Mom, stop. You're going to overwhelm her."

"She went on tour with you boys for about two months, Mikey! I don't think we're going to overwhelm her. But I'll back off. Welcome to the family, dear." she says.

I blush and say, "Um, thanks." Vic, Jaime and Tony crash down the stairs together, each of them in a suit, and tackle me in a hug.

"Congratulations, Rycka!" they yell simultaneously.

I laugh and say, "Thanks, guys."

"You look beautiful, Rycka." Tony says with a smile.

I blush and say, "Thanks. You look good too." Somebody knocks on the door, and Tony smiles.

"I got it." he says. He quickly opens the door, revealing a short girl with pale skin and dark brown eyes. She has large gages and lots of tattoos. She's wearing a short pink dress with floral print. Tony hugs her and kisses her forehead.

"Who's this, Tony?" Jaime asks.

Tony smiles and says, "This is my girlfriend, Zoey. Zoey, these are the guys, Mike and Vic Fuentes and Jaime Preciado. That's Mike's girlfriend, R-"

"Rycka James. I love her work." Zoey gushes.

I laugh nervously and blush. "Thanks." I say softly.

"So good news. Your cancer hasn't return, which is great. And your test results show that you are pregnant." the doctor says. I turn to Mike, who is smiling so widely I think his face might split open at any second. The doctor smiles and leaves the room, shutting the door behind her.

Mike jumps out of his chair and shouts, "Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! Yes!" He picks me up and spins me around in a circle. He sets me down and kisses me. "Yes!" He grabs my face and kisses me for a really long time.

I laugh and say, "Come on. We have to go tell the guys!"

"No way!" Jaime says.

"Congratulations!" Tony and Zoey say.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes! Yes! I'm going to be an uncle!" Vic yells, dancing around the room. I laugh as Mike wraps his arms around my waist from behind. His hands rest on the small knot on my stomach.

He kisses my cheek and says, "I love you so much."

I smile and say, "I love you too, Mike."

The End

Morrigan wrote a review...

Hello, TheBrokenAngel,

Here is my honest opinion. It's filled with good intentions.

First of all, this is categorized under "art." This should be categorized under "Novel", and you're going to get more feedback if you post the chapters separately. It's very difficult for someone to read someone's rough draft straight through for five chapters.

Second, your pacing is much too fast. You need to slow it down and fill it up. This has enough idea behind it for a full novel, but you squeeze all of it into five chapters.

I'm not a big fan of fanfiction, and to be honest, I have no idea who you're talking about here. But I want to remind you about character. Make sure you're staying true to the original characters while you are writing the fanfiction, or else it becomes unentertaining, even for people who know very well who you are talking about.

I hope that this review proves useful to you! Happy YWSing!

Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:53 am
OliviaLEmerson wrote a review...

I only did the first two chapters, so sorry. :[ I have a very small attention span.

CHAPTER ONE
"I smile and shake my head..." "I grab my camera and walk towards the venue..."

I think you should lead into this, or add a breaker, instead of just jumping into a new scene. Explain the scenery, the flight, the characters feelings.

"I blush as my green eyes meet his dark brown orbs."

Awkward phrasing. Would be better off with not using the word orbs, it makes me think of sorcery.

Overall: short chapter and gives obvious undertones of romance

CHAPTER TWO:

Sixth paragraph. We don't need the description. Especially of the hair. You told us that already in chapter one. Also, we don't need to know her ear size. Let some things be to the readers imagination.

You use the word blush a lot as well. You don't need to say "blush again", as I would imagine blushes fade slowly. Maybe if she blushed harder, it would make more sense.

When they kiss, it would be much more effective if you leave out the tongues twisting together part. I dunno, I just get grossed out by that, tbh.

Maybe have Mike ask her out AFTER they get to know each other. It seems a little faked and rushed otherwise.

Overall: things are going very quickly. Might wanna turn it down a bit. But this is your story, and also a fanfiction, so I understand you'd rather not be technical. I'm just very nitpicky cx Happy writing.

Thanks for the review. The advice really helps. Also, there were page breaks in the original writings, which were on Word, but they got deleted when I posted the story. Sorry.

Ah, okay. But don't be sorry about it, haha. It is your story, afterall.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:35 am
kevin25a says...

Really awesome story, I'm about to murder my photos from reading it . Really good job. I look forward to your stories in the future. You have earned a fan and another follower too.

Thanks, man! Always happy to hear that somebody enjoys me work! Makes my job a little easier. I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading my story and leaving a comment, especially since you liked it :)

All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe