Hells Tools Plot Outline

by Swires

When I started Hells Tools it was the only time I had done an outline to a story. Im posting it here just to see if I actually did it correctly or whether I was too brief etc....

1. Masus, after being not human has finally been on earth to have a form, he takes the dagger from the man in monk’s robes and thinks he has killed him- The monk still alive returns to his previous life. He goes to the docks and kills a fisherman on his path to the farms.

2. Protagonist introduced, a Thief who has stolen a sceptre from a rich noble, on the run.

3. Thief goes home proud, wife tells him that he must go and sell or hide it elsewhere. He sets off for the monastery.

4. The monk from scene 1, who already knows the thief from previous deals, takes a look at the sceptre and warns thief of its dark power. The thief still wants to sell it and is ignorant to its danger.

5. Monk travels back to thief’s home in order to buy it in a safer place (the prior would punish him else) The monk and thief only find thief’s family dead from an attack from Masus who had been following the thief after the second Hell Tool. Thief wants to avenge Masus and sets out on journey to capture Hell’s Tools before Masus and destroy them before the world is destroyed.

6. Raptor and Spero retrace Raptor’s steps back to the Noble’s house the Sceptre in. Expecting to see a trashed manor by Masus they find it unharmed, instead they spy and find Masus and Italan (Another Death Mage, yet respected Lady) plotting to find the sceptre and steal the kings orb(which is really another Hell Tool) and kill someone in the family.

7. Raptor and Spero take off to the Kings Palace, only not to be let in by an awkward guard. Raptor challenges him to a duel and wins. They enter the Palace to find the King is on a voyage.

8. Masus and Italan enter the Palace easily, Spero forces Raptor to hide with him (Masus thinks Spero is dead). Felicity and Louis are then kidnapped by Masus when they do not tell the location of the orb.

9. In a rushed hiding Raptor sees that the sceptre was left on a table, Masus sees and takes it, too greedy to find Raptor.

10. The dagger fits into the sceptre and becomes a more powerful weapon.

11. Raptor wishes to follow Italan and Masus, Spero disagrees and feels it wise to plan.

12. The guards think that Spero and Raptor are the bandits who kidnapped Louis and Felicity and through them in prison after interigation, they don’t believe that Italan is the culprit (Shes a noble).

13. In the cell they meet an old spinner, she is wise of the world and makes a riddled prediction where the orb is Located, also tells them of a fourth tool, a new crown. Tells they need one named “Hope”

14. An old coal miner knows of Hope and accompanies them to the coal fields in search of his old friend.

15. Raptor solves the riddle (or thinks he has). They escape from the prison.

16. The guards chase Raptor away through the city; they have a roof top gun battle.

17. In a happy rage they ride to the coal mines in search of one named “Hope”, the only hope there died years past.

18. They realise that the riddle was to easy, they go to the library to search for meanings and words and eventually get to learn that Spero means Hope in the old language. They set off to the Monastery and know exactly where the orb is.

19. A stream of monks are in the streets and aim to stop Raptor’s progress, Raptor is caught, Spero hides then follows them back.

20. Eebrus is found to have the orb, he demonstrates its power of youth by making himself younger.

21. Eebrus, a prior yet another Death Mage stops them and he and Spero have a fight of the wits. The fight is knowledge of poetry, the idea is that one is drived insane trying to understand what the other is saying. Spero wins and Eebrus flees. However Spero has grown old and weary by using his wit and becomes useless from then on.

22. They take the orb and set off, not knowing where they are going, they fall into a well and find a tunnel leading under them, they follow and find a temple, blood washed all over and Masus torn robes in the centre. They follow the tunnel.

23. A mysterious woman is met, gives raptor an amulet. She tells them she knows much of the world and was robbed by Masus only this morning. The mysterious woman is actually the spinner, she is but a theme that changes form. The amulet is nothing more than a broach to bring out the best in people.

24. They go out of the tunnel, leading away from Vericon, finding clues of Louis and Felicity lying around, then they see blood, thinking all hope is lost Felicity comes screaming towards them.

25. She tells them that the fourth tool is her brother “The Crown” and that Masus is to use him to unlock the gates of hell and Italan wants to summon an army from it so they can conquer and rule the world as immortals. However without the orb he cannot.

26. Raptor and the coal minor, in a moral quest, he knows he cannot face Masus alone, he sets off for a little while at the lake.

27. A trail of blood was left by Felicity, Italan follows it to the sleeping Spero and Felicity and captures them, without the orb as raptor has it.

28. Raptor goes back, seeing his friends and the orb are gone, he takes it upon himself to train in magic and combat, the miner as his only companion tells him of his true identity and how he is a migrant from a land a far (Floating Isles/Daggered Heart) and has worked as a coal miner in these lands for his father needed money. He swears to teach him of magic and combat.

29. They venture back to the palace, they take the royal boats, however a horse drawn boat is in harbour. They are taken across the seas onward to the land of Naught, the winter desert.

30. Sea armies pledge allegiance to Raptors cause

31. A huge sea battle takes place with water demons. They send waves to another tribe of water race.

32. Raptor and Rum wash up in Naught Hull.

33. They try to explore the icy desert and come across remains of old civilisations.

34. The sea armies come from the war and greet them properly.

35. A tribe of Magical Indians are found.

36. Raptor learns magic from the Indians

37. Raptor learns how to fight from the sea army.

38. Raptor falls in love with a magical Indian

39. Raptor marries a magical Indian

40. Raptor saves Indian from a storm

41. Raptor hears stories of why the storms exist – Danaz God of Evil causes it.

42. Raptor sets off up the mountain.

43. Raptor challenges Danaz to a fight with his new skills.

44. Raptor wins and leaves his rifle at the top of the mountain and becomes loyal to the sword.

45. Raptor divorces the wife.

46. An opposing tribe appear.

47. Raptor is caught in the middle of a tribal massacre (through magic) caused by Italan.

48. He challenges the tribe master to a duel of magic, he gets beaten but the tribe master shows him respect and allows the other tribe to live.

49. Rum tells Raptor of messages he has received from the main land and tells of a dark omen in Vericon, he is reminded of Masus.

50. Raptor travels through the air back to Vericon.

51. They see it is dark and only one light shines, they head towards the light and find Masus who captures them and forces them to watch hells opening.

52. The orb, sceptre and dagger fit together, Louis - The crown holds Hell’s Tools and becomes aflame, Masus uses him to open the earth to hell with Spero and Felicity watching.

53. Eebrus (who is now undead) comes and also celebrates. A dark ritual of the three is performed before Hell is opened. – Several animals are slaughtered and there blood to paint out 3 concentric circles on the floor. Each mage sits in one of the circles and chants dark poetry, the animals bones and flesh are separated and placed on the floor, Wine is drank mixed with animal blood, the blood is then mixed with oil and set alight, the concentric circles burn, Hells crown is placed in the centre circle and hell opens.

54. Masus in Greed throws his companions down there so he doesn’t have to share his earth. The world goes bleak.

55. Raptor calls on the amulet he was given by the spinner and his chains are unleashed. He challenges Masus to a battle of the sword, Masus refuses and tries to kill Raptor with sorcery, the amulet gives him strength and in a final blow he sends Masus down into the pits of hell.

56. However, due to lateness an army rises from hell, an army of fire, the water soldiers come across the land and a huge battle is fought.

57. Raptor suffered many wounds from the battle and dies knowing he has sought vengeance on the person who killed his family. Louis is released from his Hell’s Tools which are thrown down into hell as well. The bleakness goes, Felicity and Louis are returned and Spero rides back to the monastery as a prior.

58. The spinner/alley cat/ mysterious apple woman tells them that she is the dagger of the lands, she carves fortune and will whilst the opposite, Danaz feeds greed and desire.

If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
— Lemony Snicket