z

Young Writers Society



the closed window this story has now been updated a little

by Soldier boy jack


Prologue: The closed window (working title) (updated a little)

Dan stood in the open, window his heart racing, wondering if he would survive the night. Many dreadful, things were pounding in his head, as he left the window his reflection caught his eye, how he hated his looks, startlingly blue eyes, white blond hair and his pale skin, an albino. As he walked away from the mirror, he realized that he was no longer alone.

" Daniel, that was your last chance to be a z-file, you know the consequence of not obeying a direct order, don't you?," Michal's high pitched voice was propelled around the stone room, making it sound like there was 100 people in the room.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
4107 Reviews


Points: 254788
Reviews: 4107

Donate
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:49 am
KateHardy wrote a review...



Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night(whichever one it is in your part of the world),

Hi! I'm here to leave a quick review!!

Anyway let's get right to it,

Dan stood in the open, window his heart racing, wondering if he would survive the night. Many dreadful, things were pounding in his head, as he left the window his reflection caught his eye, how he hated his looks, startlingly blue eyes, white blond hair and his pale skin, an albino. As he walked away from the mirror, he realized that he was no longer alone.

" Daniel, that was your last chance to be a z-file, you know the consequence of not obeying a direct order, don't you?," Michal's high pitched voice was propelled around the stone room, making it sound like there was 100 people in the room.


OKay...well here we have another prologue on the much smaller side of things here, although I do have to say for this one, it is not one of those prologues where it manages to be effective in a smaller size, in fact it seems this one has a proper abrupt cut off there with no real planned ending in sight. It certainly is an interesting choice.

The starting paragraph is done nicely, especially when it comes to getting our attention as readers. I think you've done quite well there in terms of that particular situation. It seems like an unusual description for someone to have and the way that people seem to be reacting to it suggests there is something about it that is perhaps not being revealed just yet. And then of course that last beat here which suggests this person seems to almost be running away from something, something that seems to perhaps be the cause for all of this change really nails home the intrigue here. The only issue is that it just ends there without really going into any more of the details here and that makes this a much weaker prologue.

Aaaaand that's it for this one.

As always remember to take what you think was helpful and forget the rest.

Stay Safe
Harry




User avatar
33 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 33

Donate
Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:22 pm



thanks for the help on grammar




User avatar
189 Reviews


Points: 3183
Reviews: 189

Donate
Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:01 am
tinny says...



Most grammar mistakes here could be easily spotted by the spell check on microsoft word. It's my saviour for when I'm lazy and can't be bothered checking though it myself.




User avatar
820 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 820

Donate
Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:31 am
Myth says...



You could always ask a teacher for extra classes/books to help or your parents.




User avatar
33 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 33

Donate
Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:48 pm



thanks again for the help but i'm going to blame it all on my English classes because we never get to work on grammar.




User avatar
90 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 90

Donate
Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:46 pm
RoxanneR wrote a review...



There's not much to work on, but that can be expected as it's just a prologue. But still, it's pretty short.

Sorry, but again the grammer is really bad, for example capital letters at the beginning of sentences and where to put commas and all that stuff. I don't really want to get too bogged down in all that stuf for now, but just as a tip, work on it for next time.

RR*




User avatar
33 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 33

Donate
Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:45 pm



hi guys (and gals) just to say thanks for reading my very short prologue and i know i need to work on my grammar





I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.
— Sylvia Plath