How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie

by Snoink

Book: How to Win Friends and Influence People

Author: Dale Carnegie

Genre: Inspirational/Nonfiction

Rating 10/10

This is a wonderful book. It was first published in 1936 to help people work in business, but it has so many other uses. How do you get along with people? How can you create friends? How can you give advice?

How can you live a better life?

It answers these questions -- and more -- in this absolutely marvellous book. The book is easy and fun to read, in such a jovial tone that you can't help but be infected with the good-spiritedness that this writer spreads. He is upbeat, positive, and offers so many success stories that it is fun to read. But, if it were just that, it wouldn't have gotten the 10/10 rating would it?

No, it's far better than just that. It changes your life (if you allow it) to be so much richer and fuller. How has it helped me?

You can see the effects in my critiques. This book, single-handedly made me realize the power of positive thinking, even while helping people, and how to deal with people. How to tell them they're wrong, without hurting or discouraging. And how to encourage people.

No, this book has helped mold me into the person I am now. It is a great book that everyone should read.

10/10

Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:19 am
Snoink says...

Definitely! When I give books a 10/10, it means the book has changed me in some way or another. Amazing book. :)

Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:14 pm
DarkerSarah says...

My dad LOVED this book. You really are a 40 year old man! Hehe... He wants me to read it, you think I should, eh?

Perfection is lots of little things done well.
— Marco Pierre White