Dear Diary.

by ShanS

Dear Diary,

I can't comprehend the teenagers, the gossiping, snickering, mocking. The hatred that roams the hallways resting on the shoulders of each student in this High School that is wasting away just amazes me. But then again I've never really understood human life fully, my family always criticized me for that, for not being "normal". That's another thing i don't understand, the large and ungodly obsession of being normal, i mean what's so great about it? If you ask me individuality is one significant thing that each human has that should be worshipped as much as talent but it's the one thing that every human, especially teenagers wish to avoid and so they avoid it like the plague. Everybody in this god damn High School think the cliques and the friends that they presently have will last, I don't know who's going to break it to them that the idea of the cliques leading them to future success is correct but i think i would love to be there when it does come into realization to them. I don't mean that in an evil, vindictive way it's just my entire life I've been tutored to believe that friends mean nothing in the terms of success and i guess in a way i just need to be certain that i haven't been lied to and i haven't got many friends for a legitimate reason.

Sometimes, i like to just sit there and watch everybody in the school, not in a perverted, Big Brother kind of way i mean i like to just sit and wonder what people are thinking, what they've gone through and what they want to do with their lives and if they'll ever accomplish it because they have so many "friends". My main question when watching my little subjects is mainly how they deal with the pain, somewhere in that hellhole there is a person who has experienced some kind of pain that day it's inevitable but when i stalk through the unhygienic hallways i don't see anybody breaking down in tears, crawled up in a ball upon the floor wishing, begging, death to take them. Everybody seems so happy. I don't know who i can blame for that, not for their happiness because I'm not stating that there aren't genuinely happy people because if there weren't i don't think i could live in this world, what I'mattempting to state is that if people are in pain and they're not showing it and they're lying to the ones who could potentially save them... what caused them to be like that? Society? Parents? Perhaps it's just the generic thoughts that tears are weak. I don't know.

Society! It's just a large factor in everyday life but it causes nothing but grief and pain but still we bow down to it like it is our golden god. I don't understand the colossal infatuation with society, it's a system, a machine but still this machine is old and rusty and it's need updating. I've never truly liked society or humanity I don't think I've ever had faith in both. I think that we live in a twisted society for example,we live in a society that teaches us not to get raped instead of don't rape.

That's all.

-Jane

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy