z

Young Writers Society


12+

Randomness

by PebbleToad


A/N:  Just so everyone knows, these come from this website:  > No disrespect intended to the site, It's used for those who have a notion and need specifics, and I have found it useful a couple of times.  I just pushed Randomize, and these were the genres you could pick.  I laughed my butt off.  I hope you will too.  Enjoy! 

Lick of a Phantom Cat

A Paranormal Romance


Tom Ball suspected something was a little off when his cowardly mother-in-law tried to lick him when he was just six years old. Nevertheless, he lived a relatively normal life among other humans.

It wasn't until he bumped into the devilishly chubby phantom cat, Mark Clifford, that his life finally began to make sense.

However, Mark proved to be ample and seemed to have an unhealthy obsession with cooking. Tom soon learnt that Mark had taken an oath never to scratch a human being.

When Tom's cowardly mother-in-law is injured in a magic accident, Tom realises his own life is at risk.

Despite Mark's dazzling fangs and pointy hat, Tom finds himself falling for the phantom cat. Only fate will decided whether he kills or protects him.

One night, a fairy appears before Tom and warns him of a darkness within Mark. The fairy gives Tom the damp rifle - the only weapon that can defeat a chubby phantom cat.

Will Tom find it in himself to kill the only creature who has ever made him feel truly confused? (Hint: yes!)

Mark the Sexy Vampire

A Teen Vampire Story


There's a cute new boy in Plymouth and he has everybody talking. Stunningly grubby and devastatingly hairy, all the girls want him. However, Mark Blunder has a secret - he's a cowardly vampire.

Nadine Sparkle is a sympathetic, porky girl who enjoys golf. She becomes fascinated by Mark who can stop meteors with his bare hands. She doesn't understand why he's so standoffish.

Her best friend, a charming gnome called Brad, helps Nadine begin to piece together the puzzle. Together, they discover the ultimate weapon - the purple, giant sword.

When bodies start turning up all over Plymouth, Nadine begins to fear the worst. The gnome urges her to report Mark to the police and she knows she should, so what's stopping her?

She may resist Mark's bite, but can she resist his charms?

Will she be caught dancing with the vampire?

Murder in Cornwall

A Crime Thriller


Mangled fingernails have been turning up all over Cornwall and the inhabitants are scared. Ten murders in ten weeks, all committed with a spoon, and still nobody has a clue who the proud killer is.

Ms Mavis Wishmonger is a flabby and stable housekeeper with a fondness for booze. She doesn't know it yet but she is the only one who can stop the greedy killer.

When her brother, John Slaughterhouse, is kidnapped, Ms Wishmonger finds herself thrown into the centre of the investigation. His only clue is a bendy ruler.

She enlists the help of a special fishmonger called Josh Doop.

Can Doop help Wishmonger overcome her coffee addiction and find the answers before the thoughtless killer and his deadly spoon strike again?

Zoe's Adventures In Truro

A Science Fiction Novel


Gripping. Brilliant. Ruthless.

It was a time of terror. Ruthless goblins would frame each other in the street.

Only one woman knows how to stop the terror. One helpful, intuitive woman - Zoe Fish.

Zoe is a 80-year-old navigator from Truro with a thirst for robots.

She knows that to stop the ruthless goblins from continuing their dastardly deeds, she must betray her patient lover, Suki Wu.

She gives up her cosy life and travels to Moscow where she attends an important Valentine's meal and acquires some ripped wigs.

However, when Zoe is taken ill with gangrenous feet, it looks as though the ruthless goblins will prosper.

Will Zoe Fish be able to save both the day and her feet?

Maureen MacDonald, the Ghost

A Fantasy Novel


In a bungalow there lived a scheming, tender ghost named Maureen MacDonald. Not a ginger frozen, short bungalow, filled with beans and a fake smell, nor yet a deep, frosty, tall bungalow with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a ghost-bungalow, and that means happiness.

One day, after a troubling visit from the gnome Una Gloop, Maureen leaves her bungalow and sets out in search of three dirty wigs. A quest undertaken in the company of pixies, aliens and scrawny ghosts.

In the search for the gnome-guarded wigs, Maureen MacDonald surprises even herself with her diligence and skill as a police officer.

During her travels, Maureen rescues a banana, an heirloom belonging to Una. But when Una refuses to try jogging, their friendship is over.

However, Una is wounded at the Battle of Blenheim and the two reconcile just before Maureen engages in some serious jogging.

Maureen accepts one of the three dirty wigs and returns home to her bungalow a very wealthy ghost.

The Bendy Book

A Mystery


The noisy, Cornish town of Glasgow holds a secret.

Toby Ball has the perfect life working as a scout in the city and gyrating with his remarkable boyfriend, William Snozcumber.

However, when he finds a bendy book in his cellar, he begins to realise that things are not quite as they seem in the Ball family.

A snow storm leaves Toby with some startling questions about his past, and he sets off to dirty Glasgow to find some answers.

At first the people of Glasgow are considerate and admirable. He is intrigued by the curiously lovable hairdresser, Helen Cockle. However, after she introduces him to hard chocolate, Toby slowly finds himself drawn into a web of vandalism, lust and perhaps, even cruelty.

Can Toby resist the charms of Helen Cockle and uncover the secret of the bendy book before it's too late, or will his demise become yet another Glasgow legend?

There's something about Steven

A Magical Romance


Boris Thornhill is a scruffy, hairy and funny shopkeeper from Ohio. His life is going nowhere until he meets Steven Plumb, a porky, curvy man with a passion for comedy.

Boris takes an instant disliking to Steven and the snooty and cowardly ways he learnt during his years in Ireland.

However, when a cow tries to prod Boris, Steven springs to the rescue. Boris begins to notices that Steven is actually rather generous at heart.

But, the pressures of Steven's job as a nurse leave him blind to Boris's affections and Boris takes up golf to try an distract himself.

Finally, when crappy detective, Hannah Ramsbottom, threatens to come between them, Steven has to act fast. But will they ever find the magical love that they deserve?

The Holiday to Backward Falmouth

A Summer's Tale


Rhiannon Platt is a stable painter from deserted Ireland. She leads a carefree life. However, all that changes when Rhiannon books a summer holiday to backward Falmouth.

At first Rhiannon finds Falmouth very sleepy. Then there's the mysterious, clever actor, May Thomas, who makes her feel uncomfortable.

When May invites her on a talking expedition, Rhiannon begins to realise that May is a deeply ruthless and grateful woman.

Rhiannon knows in her heart that May is the woman for her. However, to secure her happiness, Rhiannon must fend off the admirable cleaner, Casper Wu, who wants to get his claws into May.

Using her violent trousers and a mutual love of cookery, Rhiannon sets out to snare May once and for all. But will the clever painter return her affections?

Galactic Squat Paperweight Wars

A Science Fiction Plot


A long, long time ago in a squat, squat galaxy...

After leaving the magical planet Abydos, a group of goblins fly toward a distant speck. The speck gradually resolves into a sizzling, space skyscraper.

Civil war strikes the galaxy, which is ruled by Alex Butterscotch, an idyllic gremlin capable of adultery and even man slaughter.

Terrified, a false robot known as Carla Zeus flees the Empire, with her protector, Warwick Pigeon.

They head for Sydney on the planet Epsilon Eridani. When they finally arrive, a fight breaks out. Pigeon uses his squat paperweight to defend Carla.

Pigeon and Robot Carla decide it's time to leave Epsilon Eridani and steal a banana with wheels to shoot their way out.

They encounter a tribe of aliens. Pigeon is attacked and the robot is captured by the aliens and taken back to Sydney.

Pigeon must fight to save Robot Carla but when he accidentally unearths a scheming teapot, the entire future of the squat, magical galaxy is at stake.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
862 Reviews


Points: 29096
Reviews: 862

Donate
Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:41 pm
Morrigan wrote a review...



Hello, PebbleToad.

I found many of these a little funny, but really, I encourage you to actually write stories, rather than saying, "I can't do this because this is too funny" and leave it off on these mini stories that don't really have a plot as much as a punchline.

I appreciate how you've incorporated some of them into situations that allow the generator idea to come to light, but again, the shortness of them did not satisfy me. Take the situation you've made and develop them into short stories, good, substantial ones that might even be serious though the prompt is ridiculous. You would be surprised at the amount of stories that start out silly and end up being quite wonderful.

These aren't stories as much as they are hooks for books, it seems. Try fleshing them out and see where they go instead of asking the reader at the end, "what happens next?" Tell us! Tell us what happens next. It will be funnier, and also more entertaining to read. As it is, it felt like a lukewarm effort. I want it all.

I hope you found this useful, and I hope to see some of these stories expanded. Happy YWSing!




User avatar
28 Reviews


Points: 484
Reviews: 28

Donate
Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:22 am
PebbleToad says...



Hey, the live link was not showing up, so I am putting it here so you can do these yourself. Great way to waste an afternoon.
<http://www.plot-generator.org.uk>
You might have to just copy/paste to find it. I am a link noob.




User avatar
802 Reviews


Points: 18884
Reviews: 802

Donate
Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:24 am
Dracula wrote a review...



Well, these are certainly very random. :p I suppose this was just for fun, right? So I won't go into a heap of nitpicks. When I read the first one I wondered what on earth was happening, how can honey lick you? Zoe's Adventure in Truro sounds like a slightly normal Fantasy story, but then again none of these are normal. The Bendy Book is my favourite, though I had no idea that Glasgow was a Cornish town. :p I'm going to go and try this myself now.




PebbleToad says...


I'm glad you liked it. You can actually enter in your own words and I once made one called "The Tenant of Crapperson Craphole". I will try to fix up the first one, too. They can come out really funny. :) XD



Dracula says...


I made one and a character got killed with a damp newspaper. XD



PebbleToad says...


Ha! There's a song generator, too. (Our Crumpled Orange Love)



PebbleToad says...


I just read your story. I only found descriptions, I need to go do this NOW!



Dracula says...


Hahahha XD




One fish, two fish, red fish, aardvark.
— alliyah