Keep On keeping On Song.

by PEL

An' when life gets hard and tough, an' we end up in the rough.

Then keep on, keeping on. Oh keep on, keeping on.

Just keep on, keeping on.

An' when love flies out the window, leaving us lonely and low.

Just keep on, keeping on.

An' when fate throws us a bum deal, and we end up broke without a meal.

Then keep on keeping on, Oh keep on, keeping on.

Just keep on, keeping on.

An' when the seeds we sow don't grow, and the people we meet don't know.

Then keep on, keeping on, Oh keep on, keeping on.

Just keep on, keeping on.

An' when we're feeling to tired to even try, ready to, lay down an' die.

Just keep on, keeping on.

An' when we hear the hungry children's calls, and another rain forest falls.

Just keep on, keeping on.

An' when life seems totally insane, and all we're feeling is pain.

Just keep on, keeping on.

An' when our wars break out with a big boom, our spring flowers will still bloom.

Because they keep on, keeping on. They keep on, keeping on.

They keep on, keeping on. They keep on, keeping on.

They keep on, keep on, keep on, keeping on. They keep on, keeping on.

They keep ooon, keeeeping ooon.

PEL.        https://poemsbypel.tumblr.com.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:37 am
OrabellaAvenue wrote a review...

Hi there! I'm Orabella, here with a quick review. ^^

Ooh, this is a really cool song! Did you actually make a tune for it? If so, I hope I can hear it one day. :)

One thing I'd suggest is to add a little bit more variety. For example, songs usually have a chorus, but they also have verses that help break it up, and tell the overall story or feeling they were trying to convey. In this poem, almost every other line is the same, and it might feel a little repetitive, especially in the form of a song. That's just my opinion though, and as I'm a little impatient. :D

On the other hand, though, I kind of like the repetitiveness; it forms a kind of beat in my head that I can imagine as I'm reading, and my mind even made up a little tune, knowing it was a song.

I also love your use of rhyming in this poem; the rhymes fit so well with each other, and I just love that! They don't feel forced, which I great, and I think if you made a rhythm for the song, the lines would match up really well! That coupled with the rhyming makes this so cool - how did you make it all fit together so nicely??

The subject of the lyrics is really cool too, and I love the message. I think this is my favorite line:

Not only is it super poetic and beautiful; it's also accurate! We can fight our wars and have our arguments, but at the end of the day, the flowers will bloom again, and I love the way you portrayed this so much.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing! I love this song, and it, again, has such a beautiful message, and it's really uplifting! Have an amazing day/night, wherever you are in the world, and keep writing!

PEL says...

Hi Orabella,
Thank you for your review and your kind words. I can't write music but the tune is out there all you have to do is start singing the song and the tune will come to you. It is a very easy song to sing. I guarantee you that if you sing it about 6 times the tune will come to you. It may be slightly from my tune but that doesn't matter. Just remember each word is important and you can emphasise the words you think are special. Also I wrote it for a male and female voice . Sing the first stanza using your deep male voice and the the second stanza using your female voice. Each stanza alternates between male then female etc. Practice it, it is a fun song to sing. Maybe you could get some friends together and sing it. It is a free song so you can do what you like with it. Just pluck the tune from the universe because it is out there. If you are interested in more of my songs and poems then you could go to my web page below. I must let you know though, that you may find them challenging because they are Aquarian poems and songs not Piscean ones. Thank You. PEL>
https://poemsbypel.tumblr.com.

i got called an enigma once so now i purposefully act obtuse
— chikara