Home » Literary works » Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction

A Second Chance - Prologue

by NastyMajesty

PROLOGUE

Log number 83 - March 16th, 2038. 8:21 PM

Plans for the device have been made, components will be acquired once our team gains the council’s approval. Afterwards, all we’ll need is to find the proper subject and from then on, hopefully it will be smooth sailing. Finishing touches on the plans will be made this week and sent to the council they’ll go.

Log number 88 - March 28th, 2038. 7:46 PM

Device’s plans have been finalized! The information and requirements shall be presented to the council tomorrow evening. Hopefully we can find possible candidates with the x-component by the end of this month if our plans are approved.

Log number 92 - March 29th, 2038. 9:02 PM

Presentation was made 4 hours ago. Council didn’t have a significant reaction. The possibility that they might not allow us to move forward is nerve racking. I will not allow 3 years of planning to go to waste.

Log 100 - April 15th, 2038. 5:17 AM

It’s been two weeks without response from the council. The team is getting massively anxious. When will we get answers?

Log 104 - April 16th, 2038. 6:53 PM

Fantastic news! After several weeks of waiting, the council has finally responded! They’ve approved the making of the device. We’ve officially named it project C-2! Parts for assembly arrive next week, now to find our x-component candidates…

Log 108 - April 18th, 2038. 3:44 AM

It’s quite early, but I believe I’ve finished compiling my x-component list with our test subjects!

Amelia Eve Jameson

Gender - Female

Date of birth - January 4th, 2023 (Age 15)

Blood type - O+

Eye color - Brown

Hair color - Red

Background - Going to a stable high school, stable money flow from parents. Hops around neighborhood for money from jobs. Plans to live with parents most of her life after getting the occupation of being a therapist.

Chance Keith Carson

Gender - Male

Date of birth - October 3rd, 2020 (Age 17)

Blood type - B-

Eye color - Green

Hair color - Hazel

Background - Wealthy parents died in a plane crash when he was 11. By some miracle he was the only survivor. Now lives with his uncle who burned out his inheritance. Works at a small restaurant in hopes of getting enough money to go to college and move out.

Jacob Liam Murphy

Gender - Male

Date of birth - July 19th, 2023 (Age 14)

Blood type - O-

Eye color - Blue

Hair color - Blonde

Background - Lives with his single mom, going to high school. Works as a maintenance boy for the bagging droid at the local grocery store. Doesn’t care what he does as long as it makes enough money for his mom. 

We will give a phone call to each of them and send them in for questioning and blood tests this week. Hopefully, one of them will test positive for the x-component....

EthanWrites wrote a review...

This. Looks. Cool.

I like the logs, it is a way of story telling I have not seen much of as of yet and the way you have told the basics of the story while leaving TONS of room for the unexpected is GREAT. Having only started writing just a little bit ago I am sorry to say I am not the best help when it comes to grammar and structure, BUT, I can still give my full support!! ANYWAY, as a reader I can't wait to see how this turns out! ONE THING I DID NOTICE, the dates, March is after February so technically nearly a whole year has passed in these logs. :3

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO BE TAGGED ON THE NEXT CHAPTER!

NastyMajesty says...

noted! thanks for the reviewwwww!

Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:56 am
LordMomo wrote a review...

Oh.

Oh my.

Oh my gosh.

OH MY GOSH.

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. SO I AM HERE WITH A REVIEW.

This is a really great way to start a story!! i would know becuz i started Mari like this xD It keeps the reader guessing, leaves room for the imagination, and makes you want to keep reading!!

We’ve officially named it projected C-2!

I think you mean project here?

It’s quite early but I believe I’ve finished...

A comma is needed after early.

That's it!! When the next chapter comes out. PLEASE tag me!!

Happy New Year!
Momo

NastyMajesty says...

NOTED! also thank you for pointing out those mistakes, i did mean project there lol. HAPPY NEW YEAR HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY/NIGHTTT THANKS MOMO I'LL BE SURE TO TAG YOU <3 (:

Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:45 am
yumi wrote a review...

As a prologue, I have to admit this did the job of whetting my appetite, but it was ultimately just a salad, and I don't like "greens." (Or Rabbit Food in general.) The way the logs were presented, gave me MAJOR Star Trek vibes, which I love, but I would have had more fun if perhaps I could gleam something of the character of the man who wrote them. Fortunately, the sunlight shone on the "test subjects" reveals them to be diverse and interesting. Hopefully, I am allowed to devour them in chapter one? We'll see..
NEXT TIME, ON...
STAR-
.....
A SECOND CHANCE!!!

NastyMajesty says...

Haha yes I wanted to start with something simple that only gives a small glimpse of what's to come. Thanks for the review, have a wonderful day/night wherever you're at!

SpunkyKitty wrote a review...

Hi! Spunky here to review!

Grows:

Device’s plans have been finalized!The information and requirements...

There needs to be a space between the exclamation and "The"

Glows:

Chance Keith Carson

Gender - Male

Blood type - B-

Eye color - Green

Hair color - Hazel

That's a really creative way to tell us the basics about the character! I really loved this prologue, it was really suspenseful and well written. I can't wait to see what you do with this story!

Bye! Have an amazing day!

NastyMajesty says...

thank you spunkyyyy!

Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
— C. Northcote Parkinson