z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

when the chat room's empty

by deleted30


[Removed by YWS by request of author]


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
77 Reviews


Points: 51
Reviews: 77

Donate
Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:53 am
View Likes
SofieR wrote a review...



Hey there, Sofie here with a review!

Okay, I love this for several reasons lol first, it's extremely relatable. I think all of us who grew up here on the internet can attest to having this experience or an experience similar to this at least once. But also - you managed to touch on something that I don't think is explored or talked about enough. The internet was created to make us all more connected and make us all less lonely, so isn't it funny how often it does the literal exact opposite? And how badly it hurts when we run to the internet, the place we turn to for community and discourse, only to find it complete empty lol Such a lonely feeling and you managed to capture it so well, and capture it with humor as well! Great job :)



Random avatar
deleted30 says...


Thank you so much!! I love your analysis and I completely agree.



User avatar
158 Reviews


Points: 6160
Reviews: 158

Donate
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:49 pm
View Likes
Hkumar says...



This is so accurate!



Random avatar
deleted30 says...


Aw, thank you!!



ccarson says...


Yea, very accurate!



User avatar
80 Reviews


Points: 637
Reviews: 80

Donate
Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:53 pm
View Likes
dragonight9 wrote a review...



Wow! This was awesome! I love how you used a real life experience like this.

I've always found that your own experiences create the most passionate and enjoyable poetry.

Most poetry I've read on here hasn't rhymed nearly as well as this piece and I loved the flow of it. You were able to stick with your theme and the words you used made perfect sense. I found it very easy to understand and follow what you were saying. This in turn allowed me to focus on the feelings and emotions you were describing.

This is also a very relatable piece as most people have probably felt lonely in a chat room at some point. Whether waiting for someone they care about to reply or hoping a friend will respond to a funny comment they've made.

The way you described the use of chat as a way to distract yourself from depression was also very clear and I didn't have to piece the message together from a lot of inferences or sneaky word play.

A chat can highlight just how alone you feel and usually people give up quickly and leave if no one responds. This poem makes me wonder what it is like for someone who simply sits there and waits. You could actually create quite the compelling story of someone driven insane by loneliness after staring at an empty chat for hours or days at a time.

Overall, great piece. I loved the message and flow of the story the most and I hope you continue writing poetry like this in the future



Random avatar
deleted30 says...


Thank you so much!! :D




cron
Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind