once again continued from Nightime isnt forever

by Little Dreamer

"So what seems to be the problem?" He asked us as we entered the foyer. It trully made up for the drearyness of the outside condition, the room was filled with smells of incence and light from a huge glass chandiler that hung from the middle of the vastness of the room.

"Well it seems Mr. Helsing the Third has challanged Maira to fight." That got Jonathon's attention, "Did you say Van Helsing?" Victor nodded. Jonathons right hand began to smooth his beard as he asked, "I suppose you want me to train her?" Victor and Maria nodded. "It seems that is a problem, I can not." Victor looked at him in shock and asked "Why not?" Jonathon turned away and said,"Its rather complicated." "Oh do tell." Victor asked him. Jonathon simply said, "It does not matter, however there is someone more trained and can teach her things we've never thought could be achieved." "And who is that?" Victor asked. "My son Gabriel." Jonathon then turned and looked out a window. "What son?" Victor asked. "Did you think Maira was the only one that was human yet vampire at the same time?"

As a matter of a fact I did." Jonathon then rang a bell near the fireplace. A young man about my age maybe older came walking downstairs. Maria's breath caught in her throat, it had been the same Gabriel she had been thinking about when jonathon said the name.

What Jonathon and Victor lacked the knowlage of was Maira and Gabriel were well aquainted.

It had been the summer of 2003 when she had met the handsome dashing, not yet a man.

She was shadowboxing when she got the feeling she was being watched. She began to look around and said, "I may not see you but I know your there, so you mise well come out." That was when she got her first look of Gabriel. He stepped out of the shadows Thats all i have time for bye

Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:26 am

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

First Impression: So this was a excerpt I suppose. I think I may have run into other parts of this but I can't be a 100% sure so maybe I didn't. This one seems like a cool idea but it just didn't really much staying power at least for me so I probably will not track down any more of this but I might so you never know. It just needs a little bit more of a hook. The idea you present here seems to be lacking that a little. Besides that and one messy transition it was a pretty easy to read story that flowed quite nicely so that's there.

Kind of a very standard entrance that you have here. Not the most exciting thing to hook readers but then this is a pretty small story so its not that big of a deal. You also have several spelling errors here and I'm not a hundred percent sure if its because of American English vs British English so I'll just highlight them and leave it at that.

This one is a bit of a bigger issue that we have here. You need to start a new paragraph every time someone new is speaking so that has to be changed.

Not sure if this sudden descent into a flashback is a very good idea because it comes straight out of nowhere and suddenly we are wondering what's going on where. If you are going to transition into something like this you should be careful and make it clearer than this.

Aaand that's it for this one.

Overall: Overall it was a fun little story to read. I didn't really get a sense of any kind of plot at all so I can't really comment on that aspect of this but what I could read was pretty fun to read so I'll leave you with that.

Mattie wrote a review...

It would be very helpful if you posted the whole thing once you were finished instead of posting only a little bit at a time.

You have quite a bit to learn. First off, you need to indent when a new person is speaking. I would elaborate on that, but I'm not going to. I will fix your mistakes though.

"So what seems to be the problem?" (h)e (you may want to start out with a name) asked us as we entered the foyer. It trully made up for the drearyness of the outside condition, the room was filled with smells of incence and light from a huge glass chandiler that hung from the middle of the vastness of the room.
"Well it seems Mr. Helsing the Third has challanged Maira to fight."
That got Jonathon's attention, "Did you say Van Helsing?"
Victor nodded.
Jonathons right hand began to smooth his beard as he asked, "I suppose you want me to train her?" Victor and Maria nodded.
"It seems that is a problem, I can not."
Victor looked at him in shock and asked(,) "Why not?"
Jonathon turned away and said, "Its rather complicated."
"Oh(,) do tell."
Jonathon simply said, "It does not matter, however there is someone more trained and can teach her things we've never thought could be achieved."
"And who is that?" Victor asked.
"My son Gabriel."
Jonathon then turned and looked out a window.
"What son?" Victor asked.
"Did you think Maira was the only one that was human yet vampire at the same time?"
As a matter of a fact I did."
Jonathon then rang a bell near the fireplace. A young man about my age maybe older came walking downstairs. Maria's breath caught in her throat, it had been the same Gabriel she had been thinking about when jonathon said the name.
She was shadowboxing when she got the feeling she was being watched. She began to look around and said, "I may not see you but I know your there, so you mise well come out."
That was when she got her first look of Gabriel. He stepped out of the shadows...

I think those corrections are about right...it is a very interesting start although it's not exactly your idea because you did not come up with the idea of Van Helsing but that's okay as long as you make the story your own and don't copy ideas from the books or movies. I would love to read more so keep me posted.

deleted6 says...

Very cool carry on plz carry on

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith