Continued from Nightime isnt forever

by Little Dreamer

This is where I last left off...

A million emotions ran through Maria's head as she read the letter, What was she going to do now? Van Helsing the third was the great grandson of the first Van Helsing who helped Mena Harker and Jonathon Harker destroy her father and for some reason now had it out for her as well, she didnt even know she was the daughter of Dracula. Victor took her hand and led her to his car,"We dont have much time, we must hurry." She looked at him and asked, "Don't have much time for what?" He stopped walking and looked at her, "We must train you or you'll be killed by him and without you alive the whole clan will die and we will suffer an eternity in hell." "How is that possible?" she asked not understanding him. "We will talk it over in the car." He then turned and opened the car door for her, she then took one last look before entering at what had been her home for all her life. Not knowing what lied ahead she stepped into the car and left it all behind her her for the time, vowing she would not let her people down.

As they pulled out she again asked the question from earlier, how did she fit into ending the entire vampire race if she died? The old wise vampire began his story, In 1466 as you know your father was prince, during the 1467 a great war broke out between the turks and your father they he of course won, but in an attempt to get at him in any way possible they sent a letter of your fathers death to his queen at the time and your mother Elizabetia." Maria interupted him, "How can I be the child of her, there was no record of a child conceived by Elizabetia and Dracula?" He began again,"They kept it hidden, and when she thought your father was dead she sent you to live at the compound; not knowing where you were your father renounced god thus becoming the vampire we all know." "How do I fit into it though?" she asked not knowing the truth. "You are the last living vampire with the blood of Dracula coursing through your veins, since your father was father to all vampires if you die we will die, you in a way are our clans sire." Maria then understood, "So if I die, we all die?" She looked out the window. "If you die our whole clan will die, leaving the vampire race vulnerable to Van Helsing and his vampire slayers."

After an hour of driving through the English countryside they came to a gate, Maria looked up to see a towering mansion at the top of the hill. "Where are we?" she asked. "We are at another clan close to your fathers, they were the gypsies that helped Dracula move around from country to country; what most people didnt know was they were vampires too." The gates then opened and they proceded towards the castle ahead. It was a dark erie looking castle near the woods that seemed to glare and welcome guest at the same time. Victor parked at the entrance and came around to open her door. "What are we doing here?" she asked getting chills up her spine as a cold wind swept by. "The leader of this clan will train you, his name is Jonathon Vasquez Da More." he answered her. She had heard the name but lacked the honor of ever meeting him. They walked up to the doors, the doors began to open and they were soon met by a tall chiseled man who was rather handsome. "Victor" he said nodding. He then looked at Maira, she could feel his ice blue eyes raking over her body and was chilled as well as warmed by them, her eyes then met his and it felt as if he were trying to read her thoughts, she looked away. "And you are?" he asked her. Iam maria sanchez, the newfound daughter of Dracula." He gave a look and looked at Victor with disbelief. "Dracula never mentioned a daughter, how is this possible?" "It was hidden for her protection." Victor replied. Jonathon gave a look and said," I understand." He then gave a smile and said forgive Maira Iam" "Jonathon Vasquez Da More." she finished extending a hand to him. He smiled and shook it, that is quite true.

sorry all i have time for.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:45 am

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

First Impression: First of all the paragraphing appears to have been mostly forgotten and the whole thing is in some really hard to read chunks of text that just don't seem all that great to be reading. And the flow of this is just non-existent with it just being interrupted every other sentence by info dumps. This needs to be a whole lot more subtle if this is going to be a proper novel.

Okay first of all you have forgotten separate paragraphs when someone else starts to talk. And the other thing is this a really, really short little piece to be using as an entire. Usually a chapter has to be much longer than that for it be called one. And besides that it really doesn't seem to flow all that well because it is jam packed with info dumps and that's not a great thing to be having at the start of a story.

Well this is taking that old wise man approach to the extreme and having all the stuff just narrated out with no thinking around it whatsoever and that's not the greatest idea to be including into a story like that. And the dialogue here just doesn't sound natural. It seems to be scripted and just spoken solely to advance the story and give us more and more exposition about the world that we are in.

And I won't really mention that last paragraph because it is just the same as the previous one. It just doesn't have a proper flow to it and all and its saturated with info dumps and really artificial sounding dialogue like the other two.

Aaand that's it for this one.

Overall: Overall I hope I'm not being too harsh here but that's the just the way that I saw it and it was just not as good as it could be. The idea behind is somewhat cliched( I have no idea why there are sooo many vampire stories on YWS in the years 2004-2008) but it sounds like a fairly original take on things and I think you could really make an idea like this shine if you wrote it with more actual story and less sudden info dumps.

Little Dreamer says...

Im sorry I thought I did put paragraphs it wasnt untill today I relized I hadnt ](*,)

deleted6 says...

Very good very good more must read more

Rei says...

GAH! I'm sorry, but you gotta use proper paragraphs if you want people to be able to read this.

You must believe in free will; there is no choice.
— Isaac Bashevis Singer