z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The LGBT+ community from a Christain's prespective.

by LadyMysterio


There is a lot of debate among the Christian community and everyone, about the LGBT+ community. The debate is about if it's wrong or not. In this essay, I will be discussing if it's wrong from my reading and understanding of the Bible. Through God's help, to understand it. I will be also explaining a few things I have noticed that people have been misunderstanding. And/or taking out of context

I have seen many non-Christians and Christians alike saying that, "Well if you think being part of the LGBT+ community is wrong. Then you must think getting a tattoo, cutting your hair, and showing too much skin is a sin too!" Thought, everyone's stand on modesty is different. When I say modestly you probably think long sleeves shirts and long skirts. I think modesty is general respect for your body and the understanding that while bodies are a beautiful thing and not somthing to be ashamed of. You should respect it.

Definition of modesty: behaviour, manner, or appearance intended to avoid impropriety or indecency.

There are two different types of laws in the Old Testament. One is a ceremonial law. For example, sacrificing animals that "took" people's sins. It didn't take away their sins, only God can do that, but it was a representation. God was strict in the Old Testament to show people that they can't be perfect like God is perfect. It showed them they are sinners. Some laws protected them. Like they couldn't eat certain meats. Back then, they didn't have a way to refrigerate things. They probably couldn't cook meat all the way either. So it wouldn't be safe to eat meat, mainly pork. This is just one example, but I could go on.

The other type of law is a moral law. All of the Ten Commandments were moral laws. There were some other moral laws, but the Ten Commandments cover most of them.

1. You shall have no other gods before Me

2. You shall not make for yourself a carved image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them

3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy

5. Honor your father and your mother

6. You shall not murder

7. You shall not commit adultery

8. You shall not steal

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour

10. You shall not covet your neighbour’s house; you shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbour’s

Let me explain, first things first.

A very big part of reading the Bible is listening to the Holy Spirit. It's not just a book, it’s a living book, God's word that was written by prophets years ago according to the Holy Spirit.

Many say that it's been changed through translation. If it's been changed throughout the translation, the ones who did so would be in BIG trouble. God clearly states in Revelation 22: 18-19 that altering the Bible or only listening to certain parts is a very bad thing to do.

Revelation 22: 18-19

"I testify to everyone who hears the prophetic words of this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone subtracts from the prophetic words of this book, God will remove his portion from the Tree of Life and in the holy city, which is described in this book."

If you’ve ever read Revelation, there is a whole lotta crazy horrible stuff that takes place at the end of the world(which is yet to come) the holy city is heaven. And the tree of life

When people have translated the Bible it was done very carefully. The people who were doing so were guided by both their studies of the Bible in its original language and by the Holy Spirit.

Second, I see a WHOLE lot of people saying that us Christians say that being part of the LGBT+ community is a sin, then we must not get a tattoo or be divorced or eat certain meats. If you lived back in the days before Jesus was around, then yeah, that would all be a sin.

Someone recently pointed out a recently musical made movie, called The Prom. in is a scene or rather a song where a boy confronts a bunch of Christians about the very things I said above. While I still believe masturbation and sex before marriage is a sin. Divorce is somthing I will address in a bit. The others aren't anymore.

Many people have taken these things WAY out of context. If you think this then you clearly haven’t read the Bible. Or at least read it properly with God's guidance to understand.

To put this into context, MANY of these things were written in the Old Testament. The witch was written when God's people(or the Christians) were way gone astray. So God had a set of strict rules written for them.

this paragraph is a WIP btw

This verse not only talks about divorce but why these rules were made that I just talked about

Mark 10:2-5

At one point, some of the Pharisees came, seeking to entrap him with a question. “Tell us,” they asked, “is it lawful for a man to divorce[d] his wife?”

3 He answered them, “What did Moses command you?”

4 They replied, “Moses permitted us to write a certificate of separation that would be valid to complete a divorce.”

5 Jesus said, “Yes, Moses wrote this exception[e] for you because you are hardhearted.

if you look past this verse it says divorce is wrong, lemme show you a few more verses that talk about it

Matthew 19:5-8

5 and ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and live with his wife.[e] And the two will become one flesh.’[f] 6 From then on, they are no longer two, but united as one. So what God unites let no one divide!”

7 They responded, “So then why did Moses command us to give a certificate of divorce and it would be lawful?”

8 Jesus said, “Moses permitted you to divorce because your hearts are so hard and stubborn,[g] but originally there was no such thing. 9 But I say to you, whoever leaves his wife for any reason other than immorality, then takes another wife is living in adultery. And whoever takes a divorced woman in marriage is also living in adultery.”[h]

Romans 7:2-3

For example, a married couple is bound by the law to remain together until separated by death. But when one spouse dies, the other is released from the law of the marriage. 3 So then if a wife is joined to another man while still married, she commits adultery. But if her husband dies, she is free from the marriage contract and may marry another man without being charged with adultery.[a]

Side note: yes some of these target women. Back in those days women were considered less than men and were more or less under the authority of their husbands. But God wishes that men and women are equal so treat these verses as such

Now about divorce, first off, I saw the song that says that if two get divorced then the woman will be killed?? That’s not even what the Bible says where did they even get that!

Divorce is something that is strongly advised against. It's a very sad thing to have to do. But it's not somthing you can't do.

If you're in an abusive relationship. Or your partner is being unfaithful and is making no attempts to right their ways or sprouting lies.

Let me use an example here. I am going to use someone I know. I will not be using their name of course. I will be changing their name to Lily.

Lily married this man, let’s call him Mark. they were married for 20 years and had three kids.

Lily recently found out that Mark had been cheating on her with a girl at the gym he went to.

She confronted him and he said he was sorry. A bit later she found out he was still cheating on her. She confronted him again and he apologized and said he wouldn't do it again. once again she found out he went back to the girl.

(it later truned out the woman he was sleeping with was indeed married. After her husband found out, he divorced eh)

They had a long talk about it and Mark said he would consult God. The couple took a small break from each other to talk to God and figure out what to do.

After the break Mark was convinced that what he was doing was not only ok but what God wanted him to do.

Lily was torn. She wanted to fix her marriage desperately, especially for the sake of their kids.

They took another break and Lily went to go spent some time with her family in the other province. Taking the kids with her.

Upon her return, she found that make had not only brought the girl to their house for a few days. But had brought an apartment and was moving into a said apartment with the other woman

Lily desperately wanted to avoid divorce, but Mark didn’t seem to want to. She was torn and lost.

Upon consulting her close friend, who urged her to divorce Mark, she decided she would.

They have not yet gone through with the divorce as Lily is very scared. But in simple words, Mark is a horrible, detestable man.

I feel that divorce is somthing that one should heavily consult God on.

This being said according to the bible being part of the LGBT+ is a sin. and as it is God's word I stand by it.

You have most likely heard of the saying "love your neighbour like your self"

that means to treat people as you want to be treated, with love.

Now one thing we must remember. Love means that you will love this person no matter what. But you are willing to correct them or do what's best for them even if they don’t see it.

It’s like parenting a child. They may want candy, but you know that if you give them candy that it will not be good for them or make them feel sick. Even if they don't see why you won't give them candy, you do.

As a Christian, I think we should treat everyone with love as respect. I may think that being part of the LGBT+ community was a sin. But chances are you've heard that a million times already. I will probably at one point tell you this if the conversation prompts me to say so. But regardless. I will respect your chosen pronouns and will treat you as any other respectful person I come across in this world.

If you have any questions plz leave them in the comments below and I will get to answering them. I can go into further depth on certain subjects related to this topic if you are confused, or simply curious.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
12 Reviews


Points: 264
Reviews: 12

Donate
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:42 pm
View Likes
Georgie says...



Ok I already gave my opinion about this piece, but here's another review just based off of grammar, organization, etc.. I noticed quite a bit that could be improved upon.
1. You open with saying you'll discuss your understanding and opinion of the LGBTQ+ community, and then you only really mention it in the last paragraph. Mostly you talk about divorce and laws and tattoos. That's a fine topic, but not if your intention was to offer opinion on something else, and certainly not if you advertised it as such.
2. Your sentence structure is in desperate need of help. You break up what should be one sentence into multiple parts, often with punctuation between them, and sometimes with no punctuation at the end of them. You also have some sentences that just straight up don't make sense. They seem stuck in the middle of other sentences, when they have no place being there.
3. You say "In this essay" at the beginning of your piece. However, your writing is definitely not organized in an essay format. Your topics are all over the place, you have no thesis, and you don't have clear paragraphs based on argument. If you're going to call this an essay, you need to do some MAJOR organizational revisions. If you don't plan on doing that, though, I would recommend not calling it an essay.
That's about it. I don't feel like copy pasting all the specific examples, so if you're going to revise this, my recommendation would be to read it out loud to yourself to catch the sentence errors, and perhaps creating an outline or organizer for your topics, since you did claim it's an essay.




Random avatar

Points: 0
Reviews: 63

Donate
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:18 pm
View Likes
NastyMajesty says...



Just know that even though you may get a lot of hate for this work, I wholeheartedly agree and think you are correct <3




LadyMysterio says...


Thank you!!!!



User avatar
12 Reviews


Points: 264
Reviews: 12

Donate
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:27 am
View Likes
Georgie wrote a review...



1. Gender is a human construct.

2. Saying with certainty whether something is right or wrong based on the Bible is impossible, because not everyone believes in God.

3. I appreciate your thoughts here, but please don't say things like this to LGBTQ+ people, it's hurtful.

4. Homosexual intercourse and child-rearing has been observed to be present in hundreds of species besides humans.

5. Being queer isn't a choice.

Basically nature doesn't care what the Bible thinks. If God created all life, then he sure did make a lot of it pretty durn gay.




User avatar
48 Reviews


Points: 303
Reviews: 48

Donate
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:17 am
LilPWilly wrote a review...



This is a good analysis. President Russell M. Nelson gave a speech, I don’t remember exactly what he said. Basically, God ordained marriage between a man and a woman, and any sexual relations outside of that specific relationship are fornication. God views sexual sins as one of the most abominable of sins, so maybe we’re not on the same page, considering that I feel hatred of sinners is worse than sinning. It seems so many Christians are so busy condemning ‘sins’ that they never do God's work, but instead push people away from the truth and love that His gospel has to give. And God has said, (again, I’m bad with quote recall) that he who ignorantly sinneth is not ultimately condemned. That's not saying that they’re going to have things easier or even fulfilling, and not that you won’t be destroyed in the last days, but that most people have been blinded to the consequences of sin and it would be cruel to condemn them eternally for not knowing right from wrong. That being said, since Adam, humankind has been blessed with knowledge of good and evil, so although most people rely on artificial internal compasses designed by modern thought or their culture, we all have some responsibility.




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 255
Reviews: 30

Donate
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:01 pm
View Likes
Nymeria wrote a review...



Hi LadyMysterio! I appreciate your non-agressive Christian view on LGBT+ people. I realize this is an older piece, but I did want to pop in for a few quick comments.

I have been questioning my sexuality (and even gender!) for a long time and it does always hurt a little bit to hear someone say that homosexuality is wrong. It is something that hurts nobody at all, and therefore how can it be wrong? I was raised atheist, so I haven't ready the Bible, but I do believe that it also condemns eating pork and shellfish, and I don't see most Christians respecting that rule.

I actually just watched a (really bad but enjoyable movie) on Netflix called The Prom about a lesbian high schooler and one guy performed an entire song for some high school straight Christians about why using their religion to condemn homosexuality is ridiculous. And it even features the "love thy neighbor" as the chorus, which is why your piece here reminded me of it!

While your sentiment is somewhat progressive for Christian ideology, I think that saying "This thing you are doing is wrong but since 'love thy neighbor' takes precedence, I guess I'll do that" is not exactly supportive of LGBT+ folks. It's sort of the bare minimum of acceptance, and instead of opening a door to understand people that are different from you, you're sort of putting up a wall and saying "I don't have to make any more effort to understand these people because at least I'm not hurting them", and in my opinion, that's not enough.

I read a book by Jacob Tobia called Sissy, a memoir by a queer nonbinary person, and it's significant because I was surprised to find that they are whole-heartedly Christian. It was one of the things that made me realize that being queer and Christian are not mutually exclusive. It was a fantastic book that I would recommend to anyone, especially those who struggle to understand nonbinary and trans gender identities and the queer relationship with religion.

I think I'll leave it there, though this is a topic I am extremely passionate about and could talk about all day. You are a great writer!

Nymeria




LilPWilly says...


You can check out my review for my perspective on Christian doctrine, but I want to say that I frequently wonder at how amusingly feminine I am sometimes. I even questioned my sexuality once. I doubt that I can relate to your experiences, but I love how you said that being queer and Christian can go together. By the way, the Bible condemns eating non Kosher foods under the law of Moses, which was fulfilled by Christ at His coming.
I agree that homosexuality hurts no one at all, except that it can hurt you, your partner and your potential. God's families are mighty eternal entities that are the key to raising humankind to godhood. Being without one is a limit. Those who die without the chance to join a Godlike family may be blessed with one in the afterlife, but it is harder if your heart reaches in the wrong direction throughout mortality.
If these things are true, why would God make people like their own sex?
I know that sexual yearnings are innate and ridiculously difficult to suppress. In my effort to remain pure, I have found that suppression is not the answer, but redirection. Instead of viewing someone through the lens of sex, view them more holistically, and you may see the complimentary nuances of men for women and vice versa. What%u2019s more, some people glow with a beauty that touches you deeper than your sexuality, and can be more fulfilling.



Random avatar

Points: 0
Reviews: 63

Donate
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:37 pm
View Likes
NastyMajesty wrote a review...



Hello M'lady! I just wanted to leave a quick comment about this work you posted! :D

LGBTQ+ is a rather touchy subject for me and honestly, I'm not sure how to feel about it. I don't think it's wrong but I don't necessarily think it's right either, y'know? Like, if I meet a queer person I'm not gonna be up and front like "What you're doing is wrong be (quote-unquote)'normal'" because that's wrong and I know that for a lot of people being either male or female and sticking to those genders can be really stressful and it feels like they have to be someone that they're not-- and that's okay! However, as you've said, the Bible does say that it's not right and we should stick to the fact that God loves everyone for who they are and what they've done because that's exactly how He made them. So long story short, thank you for sharing this M'lady, I wholeheartedly agree!
Have a lovely day <3 (:
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Majesty of Nastiness~




User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 762
Reviews: 56

Donate
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:22 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...



low key kinda wana rewrite this



Random avatar
SpunkyMonkey says...


Go for it



LadyMysterio says...


<3



User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 148
Reviews: 29

Donate
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:08 pm
View Likes
AngelLily wrote a review...



‘Sup! It’s AngelLily!
I just wanna say, PREACH! I am a Christian and I totally agree with you. I love how you used scriptures to backup your points. And I loved how you explained that we should still love our neighbor, even if we don’t believe what they are doing is right. I really enjoyed this piece of literature. Write on!
You are a very talented writer!
~AngelLily 😇




LadyMysterio says...


Thank you! I was so scared to post this because I knew I was going to get so much negative feed back.



User avatar
212 Reviews


Points: 575
Reviews: 212

Donate
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:33 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...



Wow. I must have missed the notification for this. Sure, I'll get right to it!




User avatar
28 Reviews


Points: 76
Reviews: 28

Donate
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:31 pm
View Likes
redvictory wrote a review...



I can't say I agree. The sources that you cite have all been translated, no pun intended, to Hell and back and have become polluted by the bias of each translator it passes through. The Bible was not originally written in English, so thus the messages have been polluted a bit. I recommend going to this site:
http://hoperemainsonline.com/
and reading up some. There are pages for the passages you cite and some others too. There's also a page that addresses trans people! Each page is written by theologian scholars who go back and look at the passages in their original language and translate them directly, giving linguistic and historical evidence proving that the Bible in its original form does not condemn homosexuality. Really interesting stuff! Hope you think it's interesting. :)
Sincerely, a trans, gay Christian who knows God made me who I am and that is not a sin.



Random avatar
SpunkyMonkey says...


Hi! I know this was a long time ago, but I wanted to answer.

Matthew 5:18
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

The Bible doesn't change. If you really believe it has been changed, why are you a Christian? It doesn't make sense.



User avatar
95 Reviews


Points: 999
Reviews: 95

Donate
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:55 am
View Likes
Teddybear wrote a review...



Hi! I would, before I write this review, tell you a bit about the perspective from which I'm writing it. I know the bible. Aside from the fact that I grew up in a Christian household, Sunday school was often my favorite part of the week, I've also read the bible several times, cover to cover (even Numbers. I still don't know how I mustered the patience for that when I was as small and impulsive as I was). The New Testimate was always my favorite, especially Revelation and Matthew, but I took a lot of care in studying the bible as a whole as well.

While I wouldn't call myself an expert on the book, I would say that I'm definitely not speaking from a place of ignorance.

You cited this verse,

Leviticus 18:22, (NIV) says:

Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.


The statement here is clear, but I don't believe that it can be called proof that God holds a stance against those in the LGBT+ community, because of a few of the other things said in that same section of the bible, and the context of these passages.

That verse was written in Leviticus, the third book of the bible and solidly part of the Old Testament. One of the main flaws with Old Testament law is how it often contradicts the teachings of Jesus in the New Testament, most directly in how the Word says the listed sins must be punished.

To quote Leviticus 18:29, "Everyone who does these detestable things - such persons must be cut off from their people."

This is said in direct relation to the verse you cited, along with most of the rest of chapter 18 of Leviticus, which is dedicated to listing the things related to the act most often reserved for spouses that a follower of the Lord should not do. Do you not think that this is in direct conflict with the teachings of Jesus himself?

As you referenced, the Lord says to love those around us as we love ourselves, (which is best said in Matthew 22, verse 39, "And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself."" which means to me that we shouldn't cut people off from a community, especially the church, because of anything like this.

I recognize that you didn't say we should do anything of the sort in your essay, but you did cite the verse that condemns a certain behavior and then, just a few verses later, states the punishment for the alleged sin. For those readers who were already familiar with the passage or who looked it up and decided to keep reading, the words of the text may outweigh your dictation that members of the LGBTQ+ community shouldn't be shunned or ostracised from any given community because of who they are.

But I've lingered on that verse long enough. You also brought up another verse:

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your bodies.


Seeing this verse interpreted like this is strange to me. Growing up, it was one of my favorites, sort of. I have a very physically active mother who always encouraged my sisters and me to be more active as well and to eat healthier and just generally take good care of ourselves. On occasion, this verse would be brought up - especially when we were homeschooled - and our mother would use it to get us to go on that twenty-mile bike ride, or to eat the last couple of bites of mixed veggies on our plates.

I don't know if you mean to imply that this verse is condemning the act of being with one of the same sex the same way one might be with someone of the opposite sex or if it's supposed to mean being trans is bad, or both maybe?

Regardless, I don't believe it was meant that way at all. Rereading through the passage now, the phrase 'prostitute' is said many times. To summarize, the section is about how our bodies are one with Christ, and that one who is impure in terms of selling their body or giving it away to many people to whom they aren't married, are disrespecting Him in the process.

(Obviously, that isn't the message I was given as a child, but I was a child at the time, and a stubborn one at that, so I suspect that my parents would have used any means they could to get me to take better care of myself. My earlier explanation was simply to explain why I was surprised to hear it interpreted that way, as I didn't linger long on this section in any of my readings since I didn't find it as interesting)

The message that is there doesn't mention anything LGBTQ+ related at all, instead being more aimed toward condemning adultery and engaging in acts inappropriate to be practiced outside of marriage.

As for the connection to trans people, that would mean that making changes to your body from how it naturally is is a sin. If that's the case, then shaving your legs or armpits is a sin, or piercing your ears, or getting any kind of tattoo, or even wearing makeup are all sins. They are all, by that logic, ways of defiling your body, and therefore a way of defiling part of Christ.

To add to the dispute regarding trans people, there is a passage in Galatians (3:23-29) that reads, "There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.”

If there is no male or female, why would you condemn someone who says they are one rather than the other? Doesn't it not matter? In the end, we are all one in Jesus Christ, and our gender or sex will not, and therefore, does not matter.

In the end, things are because God wills them to be. We have no way of knowing for what purpose He makes people the way they are, but at the end of the day isn't the only way the know if you are how He wants you to be is to feel spiritually at peace with yourself and with Him. Many people cannot feel that way without identifying into the LGBTQ+ community.

If a woman and her wife are at peace with God and each is loyal to the other, what reason is there to say that their marriage is wrong?

I have spent so many hours praying about these matters and struggling with the morality of certain occurrences in my own life that I won't get into here. In the end, I know that God didn't make a mistake when he did what he did within my life, and I know that the conclusion I came to was right by him.

I hope that I've at least got you to open your mind a little.

If not, this argument wasn't really for you.

Please, if you were even a little bit swayed by what I said, pray about it. Ask God to show you rather than relying solely upon just a couple of out-of-context verses from the scriptures.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day or night.




LadyMysterio says...


Hello, thank you for reviewing this!
I always enjoy listing to other's perspectives, so thanks for sharing. I am impressed that you read Numbers as a child, it was too boring fo me then.
You've raised some pretty good questions to which I have some answers!

Ok first up.
The Leviticus verses, now one thing I want to mention. The old testament is very strict, mainly because the people it was being taught to, were just coming out of major sin. They were taught it and if they failed to listen they were punished. It's like when a young kid, a person who doesn't yet know to comprehend right or wrong, and as our instincts from birth are usually sinful, without strick correction and teaching, they would continue sinning. They are usually given a warning not to do it again, but if they do, knowing that it is wrong, they are punished.
You are right about the not being separated from the community or church part thought, one thought I had, being alone gives you time to sort out your thoughts and actions spend time with God, that might have been pat fo the reason for the punishment.

Next up you mention the Corinthians verse, I now realize that I should have added more of my thought /purpose for adding this verse in my essay.
Now what I meant by adding this verse was that God gave us our bodies, he gave us our genders, he made this way for a reason. He gave us the responsibility to take care of them, whether if it is, keeping it clean and eating healthy, or our thoughts, and actions. He made us who we are for a reason. Now the part where you said that shaving, piercing and tattooing out body is a sin,( I believe that the bible says something about those last two somewhere.)

The shaving part confused me a bit, we are shaving hair, hair that we also cut, would that mean that cutting our hair is a sin? A big part of reading the bible is praying and listing to what God says to you. As well as asking a pastor or trusted Christian friend questions. Especially for the old testimate. One more thing, the old testament was recorded and added as part of the bible, so it must have some purpose. Also, I am homeschooled as well!

Next, the verse that you mentioned: " There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.%u201D Now the meaning of this verse is we are all the same in Christ. it doesn't matter who we are or where we are from. In the biblical times, the non-jews (greeks and such) were considered unclean, and not worthy of Christ, probably because the Jew was called Gods people. iI you can recall the story where Peter has the vision on the rooftop about clean and unclean food from God right before he was told a non-Jewish general wanted to learn about Christ. It's about that verse.

Now for the longer male for female part, considering the females where lesser than men in that day and sometimes still are, it is that no matter you worth, the worth that you have for your self or that society's worth for you, we are all one with Christ.

It was a very good question though, thank you for aking it. The part about the women and her wife being at peace with God and being loyal, again a good question. I have two answers for you, one is that if they are at peace, they are not following God's word, the second is that our minds are complex and smart, so smart that we can trick out selves into thinking one thing is right. when it isn't. Take a villain, not that I am calling them villains, but a villain always thinks that he is a hero in his own mind, he has been convinced or has convinced himself in one way or another that what he is doing is right. Think about. About what is there to say there marriage is wrong, well the bible and god.
I am glad you have to spend a long while praying about this, as have I, it is quite a touchy subject.
Thank you again for sharing, I appreciate it.

God bless
Lady Mysterio



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 634
Reviews: 5

Donate
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 pm
View Likes
Venerator wrote a review...



I wholeheartedly agree with this. I've been friends with LGBT+ people but never brought this topic up since it was just too controversial. I'm Christian and disagree with being trans, but I would not judge another person if they are, instead be friendly and treat them as another person with individual choice over their bodies. There is not much I can say other than God had given us the control over our decisions, and just because I wouldn't, doesn't mean I'm going to judge another for doing so. I think more Christians should realize this instead of outright hating and cursing the LGBT+ group. It's not that it's disgusting/revolting, it just feels unnatural to do something like this to yourself, but I don't really mind people doing it either since they decided it, and since it's their decision, I don't have a problem with it.




Georgie says...


Hello, no disrespect, I'd just like to point a few things out.
1. I think the term 'agreeing with the LGBTQ community' is weird and flawed. You can't exactly disagree or agree with a fact.
2. You say 'it's their decision (to be trans).' HA! It's really, really not. It's a decision to come out, to ask people to refer to you by different pronouns, to get surgeries. But it's really really not anyone's choice. I can attest that being genderqueer a pain in the ass.
3. Gender is an entirely human concept to begin with. The idea that whether or not someone can bear children dictates so much is actually what's unnatural.
4. Homosexuality (as in sex, but also groups/pairs that raise children), has been observed in hundreds of other species. Look it up, it's really interesting.
So basically gender is fake and your sexual/gender identity is absolutely, in no way whatsoever, a decision.



User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 762
Reviews: 56

Donate
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:37 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...



hey @EverLight, thought you might enjoy this essay that I wrote. Please tell me your thoughts
I am probably going to get a lot of controversy over this...




LadyMysterio says...


oh and @Stellarjay or is it @stellarJay





Check out this website.



https://reformationproject.org/




Why can't I put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator? Would you prefer if I put in the Shrek script instead?
— CaptainJack