Home » Literary works » Short Story » Romantic

No Title Yet

by Kay Kay

Yeah! My writers block is finally over! Hopefully I can continue on this one and not get stumped. I'm having to type this by memory so I might redo it later. So tell me whatcha think....

Prologue:

Maybe things would have been better if I had never met Clayton Goodson. Maybe, then I could have had a chance to have a good or at least a plesent summer, but I doubt it. How could anyone have a nice summer in those circumstances is beyond me. But things didn't happen that way.

I guess you could say that I wanted to do it. Or that he tricked me into it. All I wanted was to have a good time, not this. Anything is better than this. I wanted to show him that I wasn't some little miss goody two shoes, but things weren't supposed to happen this way.

I know it's short, but I wanted to leave you guys in mystery so that you'll keep reading. After I get some of it done, if you have a title suggestion for me let me know. I can't think of a title and it's killing me cuz usually I have the title first.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:36 am

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

First Impression: So this was a pretty neat little prologue. Definitely very short but I think it serves its purpose quite well actually. Its telling us a lot without telling us anything and that's exactly what you want from a good prologue.

Well that is certainly a fairly intriguing thing to mention right in the first paragraph. Definitely gets a readers attention straightaway so that's a great choice for an opening paragraph especially because this is a prologue and those are the ones that should be extra catchy.

Well definitely leaving us off with a ton of mystery right here. Definitely makes you want to find out what this man is referring to. I think you are being just vague enough here and telling us just the tiniest of hints while keeping most of it a mystery so great job there.

I suppose you never did find a title for this one did you? Its been 15 years now. Although I must say it is kinda hard to come up with a title here. Usually you need to know a little about the plot before you title anything. A two paragraph prologue is usually not the sort of thing that can be easily titled.

Aaand that's it for this one.

Overall: Not a lot for me to say about this one other the fact that this is a pretty darn good prologue and I wish that you had continued it somewhere where I may eventually run into as I journey deep into the furthest reaches of All Literary. And that's it.

Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:00 pm
plutogirl says...

i think it's a good way to open i agree it leaves the reader in mystery but it also leaves you open to a lot of possibilites for the plot too

Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:55 am
Kay Kay says...

Thanx a bunch. I might be continuing on this but maybe not cuz I've had a major writers block and it's like coming back. Makes me want to scream. If I dont' continue on this one then I should have a new one in a couple of days.

Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:52 am
Hope says...

I think it's pretty good I mean you could describe things a bit more. As for the title it's hard to think of one yet, because I don't know much about the story. I would like to read more though.

___________

Hope
(aka)-Hopie

Areida says...

It's sort of hard to tell from this little bit, but at the moment it seems pretty typical... maybe once you get going it'll be better. Right now, however, it's no different from any other teen romance novel I've ever read. Make it stand out.

There's a Brazilian things you could write about. You just gotta pick Juan.
— Hattable