Chapter 3 - Online Intruder

by JordanEmert

Here it is guys, Chapter three. Critiques are encouraged!

Chapter 3 -

"Why?" Samantha asked, confused.

"Are you on the website Sam?"

"Yes. What is the big deal?" Sam asked Derrik.

"Sam, just pull all the plugs out of your computer, shut the whole system down, and get over here." Derrik replied.

She hung up the phone, and started unplugging the cords. She didn't know what was going on but by the tone and fastness of Derrik's voice she could tell something was drastically wrong and she took his word.

She took one look at her computer and it was turned off.

Samantha got her coat and ran out of her front door. She quickly walked to Derrik's house and knocked on his front door. Derrik answered the door by the second knock.

"Samantha, come right in." said Derrik.

Derrik and Sam walked up to his room. Derrik slammed the door and sat down on his bed.

"Samantha, I know I sounded crazy but, Brian's dad just called and he found his wife, Brian's mother, hung the same place Derrik was."

"Oh my god!" Samantha said, covering her mouth.

"But that isn't it, Brian's mother was trying to turn his computer off while Brian was still on the ghost website and that is the last he saw her."

"I'm starting to think, there is something seriously wrong with that website, that is why I called you freaking out like that... I wanted to make sure that you got it off." Derrik said again.

"Why is this happening?" Sam said.

"I don't know."

Sam stayed at Derrik's house for a few hours and they talked about what happened.

She got home, talked with her mom and ate dinner, and went to bed. It was hard for her to sleep with Brian and his mom on her mind, She finally got to sleep and a little bit later she heard a strange voice in her bedroom.

"It's too late." the voice oohed.

Samantha flipped around startled, and seen the ghost staring at her with beady eyes.

Deadlines just aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief